Praise

• Praise
  • Updated 2 months ago
Great service, just saying I'm one of the lucky ones maybe... Thank you Viasat! My test was 44.6 and 5.44 ping could be better 632
Photo of Cindy

Cindy

• 137 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 323 Posts
  • 282 Reply Likes
Which specific plan are you on and which modem do you have? Knowing your Zipcode would also be helpful to others.

(Edited)
Photo of Cindy

Cindy

• 137 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Unlimited silve 25 middle modern. South West Wosconsin
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 303 Posts
  • 269 Reply Likes
Thank you and what is the data usage threshold? Just curious.
Photo of Cindy

Cindy

• 137 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Just me!
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 323 Posts
  • 282 Reply Likes
I meant 150GB or other - some call it priority data and there are different Unlimited Silver 25 plans with varying data usage thresholds.  It does make a difference with Viasat's Network Management Policy. There's even an Unlimited Silver 12, FWIW.
(Edited)
Photo of Cindy

Cindy

• 137 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 323 Posts
  • 282 Reply Likes
Again thanks, it's all very confusing ;) By my count there are 7 different Unlimited plans (different advertised speeds, different thresholds) that are currently offered and 3 Unlimited Plans that are no longer offered (those having 150GB thresholds).

If you're on an Unlimited Silver 25 Plan with a 150GB threshold getting those types of speeds, most here will agree that you are lucky.  Most here are complaining that the legacy Unlimited Plans become unusable during peak usage periods.
(Edited)
Photo of Cindy

Cindy

• 137 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Yes I'm happy with what I get out in the sticks, not changing anytime soon either.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 323 Posts
  • 282 Reply Likes
No need to fix that which isn't broken - keep riding it ;)
Photo of Cindy

Cindy

• 137 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Exactly! Thanks!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1600 Posts
  • 933 Reply Likes
Best of luck holding on to that 150GB priority working for you. A lot of others with that plan ended up having to drop it or cancel Viasat because it became unusable because of Viasats policy change earlier this year. Hopefully this change wont impact you as well!
Photo of Cindy

Cindy

• 137 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hope not as well, but never know I guess, time will tell!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1600 Posts
  • 933 Reply Likes
Yea. I know of some others it didnt get right away, and in the last month or so their speed went to crap. Fingers crossed for you!
Photo of Cindy

Cindy

• 137 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
That's scary, if it happens guess I could cancel, I am past my 2 or whatever years on contract but there isn't much in the woods that I can get for internet, dial up, lol
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1600 Posts
  • 933 Reply Likes
I guess wishing her the best and telling the truth must hurt :).
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 323 Posts
  • 282 Reply Likes
Not really, Robin. I was simply interested in Cindy's plan, the general area she is in and which satellite she is on. Those make a distinct difference in what subscribers can expect and she has identified all those variables now while you have not.

For example, I and others in my area currently only have access to "up to 12 Mbps" plans and it would be unreasonable for me or anyone else on my spot beam to expect 30+ Mbps under any circumstances. However, I do routinely get 18 Mbps on the Liberty Plan and beyond that my Liberty Plan is exactly as advertised so count me among those satisfied (albeit not happy about my fate being tied to satellite limits).

My questions are similarly addressed to you, but you've refused to answer them when asked by others - just as you've refused to provide a speed test result that isn't called in to question because it displays a clearly inaccurate ping (although I believe the speed test portion of the one you use is accurate others simply question it because the ping displayed is impossible - why not dispel their concerns? I'm fairly certain your speeds will be about the same). I have no doubt that you or Cindy are getting what you say - I similarly don't doubt there are those getting much less particularly many of those on those plans that were unilaterally changed by Viasat in January - I'm actually one of those who felt the changes may have been justified but Viasat's execution was terrible -  a less draconian approach might have been used.      

Instead I would only suggest it is you that is the troll trying to stir things up. If the moderators hadn't cleaned up your latest insensitive and inappropriate post, everybody would realize that - instead you had to be there at the time.

Nice job moderators - he should be gone with the astonishing level of contemptible behavior in that conversation but y'all  sanitized like it never occurred at:

https://community.viasat.com/viasat/topics/customer-service-jokes-about-rape 

Others have been summarily banned for much less...
(Edited)
Photo of Cindy

Cindy

• 137 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I see that! Sorry they have issues with this company
(Edited)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2242 Posts
  • 1367 Reply Likes
And the sanitation continues...
True, but that one had to be.  Maybe not so far as the title, but Robin's reply was far too offensive to remain.  And once you dump that, the replies to it don't make much sense, so they had to go, too.  I, for one, am glad they deleted it.

With that said, I'm just shocked that anyone could reply in such a way to such a serious matter.  To me, what was said was grounds for an instant ban, without question.  I'm quite shocked that such didn't happen.   Maybe constant praise and the bashing of those who have issues earns some type of pass.  
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 323 Posts
  • 282 Reply Likes
He was sent a strongly worded email when deleted ;)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2242 Posts
  • 1367 Reply Likes
Ah.  Well, that's good.  
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3520 Posts
  • 1321 Reply Likes
Just to address this, we removed the comment as it was VERY against the rules and the offending party was given a very stern warning. Upon deleting the comment all the replies disappeared as well as they were involved in the thread. that's an automatic removal not individual. You cut off the head comment everything below goes with it. I applaud everyone for taking the proper stance, so the last thing I want you guys to think is that we're disappointed.  I personally changed the topic title and closed the thread from future comments for future self-help nature of the forum and honestly that conversation needed to end with a request they contact us and let that be it. We want the topics to serve as something folks can search for so it was changed. So in other words,

Thank you guys, it wasn't personal. 

MattB's reply is our official reply that we take allegations such as the one posted serious and should we find they are truthful action will be definitely be taken on our end. While this is a private manner the poster was urged to send their information in and if they choose to do so we will do everything we can to verify and take action.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2242 Posts
  • 1367 Reply Likes
Thanks, Brad, and sorry.  I'm just still a little burned.  Not by the deletion, which should have and needed to happen, of course, but the whole episode.  I'll leave it alone, now, though.  
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3520 Posts
  • 1321 Reply Likes
To put this topic back on track...thanks for the feedback Cindy. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at viasatlistens@viasat.com