Praise

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We recently upgraded from WildBlue to Exede. The installation of new equipment was problematic, primarily due to the inexperienced installer who first was sent out to set it up. I received a lot of help from this forum during that time, which was great. The dealer finally got it taken care of for us. He (dealer) did fulfill his responsibility though, even though it was no picnic for him either, and all has worked out well in the end.

I have experienced very good speeds, most often better than advertised, and consistently reliable service ever since the new dish and modem were properly set up a few weeks ago. Thanks Exede, and thanks to Exede Kimberly, Ray Jackson, Old Labs, A. Everett Neuman, JEP, and others on this forum for readily dispensing lots of timely info and insight which, eventually, led to a few difficult problems being resolved.

We are now happy Exede Internet customers here in the high desert of Nevada! 8)
Photo of PB

PB

• 106 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
  • Very happy with Exede Internet Connection and Exede Listens

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Exede Amber

Exede Amber, Employee

• 135 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Hello PB, thank you so much for the praise! Glad that you are enjoying you Exede services!
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3900 Posts
  • 3977 Reply Likes
Good to hear everything worked out for you in the end, PB.
Photo of A. Everett Neuman

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
I remember your questions. You did not rant or cuss. You pleasantly asked for advise and received the same back.

Glad it all worked out for your remote location. No Cable, but boy, what a view.

I done a lot of prospecting in the Nevada desert. Beautiful open country. 
Everett
Photo of Rene Moreno

Rene Moreno

• 48 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Have an issue with your ISP

File a Formal Complaint with the FCC

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display

New rules of Net Neutrality!!!!

Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3900 Posts
  • 3977 Reply Likes
Apparently PB no longer has an issue with his ISP... he never really did, his issue was with his installer not ViaSat; although ViaSat would be well advised to reign rein in those few installers giving their service a bad reputation.  
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello Rene, I have reviewed and responded to your comments on Facebook
and look forward to helping you out of your DAP status. Look forward to
hearing from you.
Photo of PB

PB

• 106 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Rene, I have no idea what problems you are dealing with, but if you give Kimberly a chance to help you get it straightened out, i am confident that she will do what she can to ease your pain. And, if the problem goes beyond the scope of her experience or authority (as it did in my case), she will direct your info to the people who can get it straightened out for you.

With some patience on your part, and help from the people on this forum, you may be able to say later that you too are a satisfied customer, maybe even a happy one.

Good luck to you.
Photo of Rene Moreno

Rene Moreno

• 48 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

I called and talked with an exede representative a few days ago about the issues of websites and links being blocked.  We spoke for about 30 minutes, I described the problem in great detail to which he repeatedly responded by saying, "you need to buy more data" .  He admitted to very slow speeds, blackouts, websites and link blockage after data cap was reached.

When I purchased the contract.  I was told that speeds would reduce to 250kb/s after data cap was reached and assured that internet connection would continue to operate normally with no blockages.  Normal speeds would resume after month cycle.

Unfortunately for me and many other subscribers who complain about the same issues, were misinformed and no have to deal with blocked content.

If exede really wants to succeed, it really needs to put a stop to blocked content online when consumer data caps are reached.  Otherwise the company will be taken over by other ISP competitors who offer better plans with no blocked content.

I cannot wait any longer for new companies to come around here offering way better internet services.

Thanks,

Good luck to you as well.

Photo of PB

PB

• 106 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Rene, it seems the simple answer here is to find ways to effectively manage your data usage. Data usage is an issue for all subscribers, whereas if some subscribers were to regularly use more data than they agreed upon when purchasing their plan and signing the contract, it could negatively affect the service of other users who do not receive/transmit beyond the data caps for their plans. The fair access policy explains why, and it is important to understand that reason.

Even so, It has been my experience that ViaSat will work with you to help resolve the issues you are having. I used more than the data cap on my plan allowed while on WildBlue - twice. The same thing happened to me as to you. I couldn't even download or send email. I called the CSD and they turned me on to a couple of extra Gigs of data to keep my service going the first time. The next time I used more than the 7500 MB cap for my plan, I just did without service for a couple of days until my past 30 days of usage (rolling) dropped below 70% again. The Exede plan is better because it resets data usage once a month (instead of using  a day by day rolling set point), making it easier to monitor and control data usage on the user end. It is the user's responsibility to not use more data than the user paid for.

The data usage policy is fair enough. I think so because there has to be some ramification to the customer who uses more data than agreed upon when the plan was purchased. If the service continued to functioned normally for those exceeding the data allowance, everyone would just disregard the caps and the company could not function. Then everyone who relies on it would suffer. The amount of usage has to be controlled because it is inherently limited by the capacity of the sat delivery system and the number of people using or abusing it at the same time.
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Thank you for all your help as well PB and for keeping us updated on your experience. Hope all continues on well for you. Enjoy your week!
Photo of PB

PB

• 106 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
You're welcome Kimberly. It's working out very well so far. I'm glad we were able to get it all worked out. Enjoy your week, as well!
Photo of PB

PB

• 106 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I should add for the benefit of anyone reading this, who might be having some difficulty with service or installation, that ViaSat was fair in its dealings with me and the problems we experienced, which were, as described above (and extensively in another thread), not so much the doings of ViaSat, but mostly of the installer. There were some miscommunications with ViaSat customer service, early on, but those were eventually sorted out to help resolve the situation.

As it turned out, almost everyone involved is satisfied, the dealer got the installation finished, so he got paid, the service works better than I had expected, so I am happy, and ViaSat retains and enjoys my patronage, continuing to receive a monthly payment from me. All's well that ends well.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes
Since this is a praise thread I just have to chime in here myself.

I subscribed to Exede with my eyes open.  This service has been exactly as described.  I have Exede voice also and it performs as described, including the 780ms delay which is no problem for anyone using common conversational courtesy.  The local dealer had me up and running in about 15 minutes flat (because I had the 2" mount already to go when he got here).  I have no "buyers remorse" because I learned and understood exactly what it was I was getting into.  I live in the mountains south of San Jose California and this is the best Internet I could hope to get and I'm thrilled to have it because it works exactly as advertised.
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Thanks for "chiming in" Craig! (:

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.