Post was closed for comment

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
I never saw that thread before about how wonderful the Freedom 150 GB plan was back two years ago. Viasat sure gutted that plan. It was really ironic to see all the happy clients, after all I was one of them. I wanted to give you a thumbs up like,,,, but I guess Viasat doesn’t like the truth to be known that what you think you have with Viasat service is not what you get.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 116 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes

I miss the old forum...
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 557 Posts
  • 395 Reply Likes
It was never offered on our beam so we never had it to miss. We got by with 10 gigs and the LNFZ untill ATT was nice eoough to sell the Mobleys. Going from what we had to unlimited (real unlimited) for $20 a month, $25 tax and all, was something.
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
Lol i guess they closed it cause of what i said , i thought it would be pretty funny to comment on it today after it had been messed up so bad , thanks for the thumbs up on it tho : )
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Have you been on DSLReports? More forum discussions over there.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 308 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
yeah I wanted to comment but they shut it down 
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3429 Posts
  • 1284 Reply Likes
Official Response
We're closing/archiving old threads as per our forum guidelines :)  You're more than welcome to create new topics but bumping up 2 year old threads and how this forum operates will place those old threads above current topics and detracts from current issues and conversations for users coming into this forum for assistance.
(Edited)
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 116 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Brad wrote:

but bumping up 2 year old threads and how this forum operates will place those old threads above current topics and detracts from current issues and conversations for users coming into this forum for assistance.
This is a current topic, how viasat has drastically turned on existing customers CURRENTLY on the Freedom 150 GB.  It's a review of what we had then, and what we CURRENTLY have now.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3429 Posts
  • 1284 Reply Likes
I'm not arguing it's not a current topic or saying you can't discuss it...there's definitely no shortage of more current topics and threads discussing it but we also want to make sure topics that are also posted here about  things like video playback issues, EasyCare, high ping rates and other things we can immediately address and troubleshoot aren't drowned out with a bunch of resurrected old posts being brought back up to flip on the same issue. This is a self-help Viasat ran forum and we want to make sure those that come here for technical help gets the assistance they need.

As for the policy change, the result and options are still the same as it was a month ago when it went into effect. With that said,  I am glad to see someone posted earlier that speeds improved for them and they kept the old plan.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 116 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Yep, speed is improving for some, maybe that's because more people are leaving and maybe the word is being circulated that Viasat should be your last choice for internet. I at one time sang your praises,,,,, now I"m singing a different tune and I have to admit I'm still learning from the technical help available on this forum, which is find another provider and this is how it works.  

Sorry Brad, I know you're caught between a "rock and a hard place".  So are we.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 106 Reply Likes
I hope VIASAT employees don't really think customers are stupid enough to believe the baloney they post. They are in full on damage control.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 308 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Found out in email today they are doing away with our email so they will not be having a email service.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
You should thank them for that. 

I know they are not giving out email addresses to new customers, are you saying your old email address is being phased out?
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 308 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
yes
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 116 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Just curious, is that for all viasat clients?  I haven't heard anything,,,,,,,yet.