Possible outage?

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Acknowledged
Is anyone aware of an outage in the rural Nashville, TN area? I have been experiencing an outage since about 6:45 AM Central. All devices in my home read "Connected, No Internet". I've followed instructions for rebooting my box a few times and everything seems to be operating correctly. I've attempted to call customer service, but there seems to be a high volume of customers on the line so I was told to call back later. All of this is leading me to believe my area may be experiencing an outage. Any insight on the situation?
Photo of Brannon

Brannon

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Nick

Nick

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
We live about 45 min SW of Nashville and are also experiencing an outage this morning. Waiting in line for live chat still at the moment. #101 in line... 
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2446 Posts
  • 1448 Reply Likes
Sounds like there indeed is an outage!
Photo of Kayla McNeilly

Kayla McNeilly

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'm in NC and am currently experiencing the same issue. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!
Photo of Beth

Beth

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm in South Central Indiana and have the same issue.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2446 Posts
  • 1448 Reply Likes
Do you guys know what satellite you are on? Share if you have a triangle modem or one that stands up.
Photo of Nick

Nick

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
On Viasat-2 here. Triangle modem.
Photo of Beth

Beth

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Triangular. I'm not sure what satellite. It's the newer satellite.
(Edited)
Photo of Brannon

Brannon

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a triangular modem. Not sure about the satellite. 
Photo of Kayla McNeilly

Kayla McNeilly

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I also have a triangle modem. And I just had my internet installed Friday so it's probably a newer satellite.
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 781 Posts
  • 780 Reply Likes
FWIW, the white triangular prism shaped modem indicates you are on Viasat-2. All others are on Viasat-1 (possibly one of the older birds although rare these days).

Viasat currently sells plans on both Viasat-1 and Viasat-2. 

Sounds like a Viasat-2 outage - Viasat-1 running fine (well as fine as ever). 
Photo of Maribeth Barnes Suhre

Maribeth Barnes Suhre

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I haven't been able to connect all morning- southern indiana.  I am a healthcare worker trying to schedule patients while working remotely and can't do my essential job.  Not cool!
Photo of Monica6128

Monica6128

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
100%. Same time for me. I did chat for 1hr 45 minutes and no resolution. Called & 228 minute wait.

Photo of Nick

Nick

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Just finished a live chat with Viasat and received this very basic report; "I see that we are currently experiencing a network outage in your area. That is why the service is not working. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you today."

I asked if she knew the cause of the outage, to which she replied, "There is not much information, it just says there is a problem with the core node." (Anyone have insights on what "the core node" is?)

When asked about an estimated repair time she said they do not have an estimated time of resolution. She suggested restarting the modem every 2 hours...

That sounds like pretty much all the customer support team is able to offer right now, so for those still waiting in line for chat or phone support this is likely the response you will get.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2427 Posts
  • 1434 Reply Likes
yep. It will be fixed when it is fixed.

And its a Viasat-2 outage.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 774 Posts
  • 768 Reply Likes
Core node used to be the first hop on Viasat's side after/before you assigned gateway in your journey to/from the internet:

https://corpblog.viasat.com/how-it-works-the-technology-behind-satellite-internet/
Photo of Beth

Beth

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update. Mine is back up. I'm in Indiana.
Photo of Nick

Nick

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Internet is back up for us now.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2427 Posts
  • 1434 Reply Likes
A 2 - 3 hour outage at times, while infrequent, do happen.
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I’m in Louisiana with a Viasat-2 and still experiencing an outage since 6am and now it’s currently 12:13 ...