POOR SERVICE

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Good morning,

This charge was not authorized, so it will NOT be paid.

It has been DISPUTED with Chase, I have NEVER made a claim/dispute in 20 plus years with Chase, so I am certain that this will be honored.

If you would like to send another box with instructions of what part of the DISH you would like me to return, I will gladly take care of this.

In the 3-4 years of having Viasat, my signal/speed was too week to watch movies through dish (always stopping to buffer), I even paid more money at some point for a faster signal/speed and it did not make a difference. So in essence I paid TOP DOLLAR for years for a service that did not work. Slow speeds when surfing as well. I now have ATT and it's less expensive and super fast.

DON'T EVER CHARGE A PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS $150 WITHOUT AN E-MAIL, TEXT, OR PHONE CALL 1ST, IT'S A DISGUSTING WAY OF DOING BUSINESS...YOU HAD (3) DIFFERENT WAYS TO CONTACT ME 1ST TO DISCUSS A MISSING PART IN THE RETURN BOX.

Best, James

PS Your customer service people when i called were even more disgusting to speak with than you taking $150 out of my account without consent/permission.

*****Removed personal information*****
Photo of James Goodman

James Goodman

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Harvey Mueller

Harvey Mueller

• 238 Posts
  • 100 Reply Likes
This is a public forum of ViaSat users and it's not a good idea to post private email or phone numbers.

I know when I cancelled, the agent verified the shipping address for the box and explained there would be a charge if I didn't return the tria, modem and power supply. I suspect you failed to return the tria attached to the dish on the roof. Call customer service to determine what the charge was for and if you can still return it for credit.

Alternatively email viasatlistens@viasat.com with name and account number.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2597 Posts
  • 1610 Reply Likes
If you don't send back all pieces of required equipment you get charged for it.  Your "authorization" for the charge isn't needed.  
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2990 Posts
  • 1607 Reply Likes
I canceled Exede service something like five years ago.  For what its worth, I came back a little over two years ago.

Back when I canceled service, the return package came with instructions and pictures of what to return.  I followed the instructions and didn't have an issue.

Did Viasat stop putting instructions in the return packaging?
Photo of HiddenOkie

HiddenOkie

• 23 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Our box had pictures printed on the lid and cut outs that were shaped like the parts that went into them.  For what it's worth, they still charged us for unreturned equipment, but after a couple of months wrangling around, we finally had help from the forum getting things ironed out.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 859 Posts
  • 430 Reply Likes
All these issues returning equipment. Since I have rotten luck I am shocked mine went off without a hitch. It is pretty annoying when a business uses a 3rd party contractor to provide services and when they fail, turn around and act like they are blameless when they are the ones that use their services. It doesn't seem Viasat holds their 3rd party contractors accountable. Too many people complain about botched equipment returns and bad service calls.
Photo of HiddenOkie

HiddenOkie

• 23 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, they all do it-Viasat, AT&T (who claims I didn't return a cell phone), Dish, all of them.  It's some little hut just across the border where all companies send their devices for recycling, grinding up for school lunches, or whatever they do with them.  Service calls are another 50/50 crap shoot.  These same companies contract with the local companies who recruit from the halfway house, rehab clinic, and probation office to find guys who will work for little or nothing then expect them to provide a platinum service experience.  Out of ten service calls I've had between tv service and satellite internet, I had maybe one guy who knew what he was doing.  The rest just stood around licking their tooth and talking on their phones the majority of the time they were here.  One guy from DirecTV even complained that the cable had to run three feet under the house because he was afraid of spiders.  I don't know why because as loud and ugly as he was, the spider would surely die from fright, but that was the hand I was dealt that day.  Everything turned out ok  It usually all works out in the end, but you gotta stay on top of it or you'll end up having a bad experience.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.