POOR SERVICE AND BAD THROTTLING

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
I feel we are being ripped off by having to pay $130.00 a month for the service because of the throttling after 100GB of usage. I could understand cutting you back 50% but down to 250 Kb is somewhat unfair. What about the months you only use 60-80 GB a month? You don't get a refund or credit for that. But hit 100GB and you butt is toast.
What the hell good does it to have unlimited if you don't have the speed to use it?

This is my speed a few minutes ago. And that is better than it had been all day.
I think VIASAT needs to revamp their rules a bit. Today it was worse than dial up. I am tired of this crap.

I had switched from Directv to Dish Network and didn't know they put it on my internet. So my wife went starkass crazy with the movies.

When I tried to call Viasat about this issue all the dunk could say was I'm Sorry. I explained this to him and it was like talking to a wall. Also when I was chatting with him, I had to keep asking if he was still there. So I will not waste my time with the chat anymore. 
I can't wait for cable to get here so I can dump this service. I have been a customer for quite a while and it seems to make no difference to Viasat or the employees.
Photo of DAVE  W4DRA

DAVE W4DRA

• 150 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Why are you complaining? 6.74 Mbps is great for having gone over your priority data.
Photo of abethomas100 thomas

abethomas100 thomas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I can't even get one mbps since they installed it the highest I get is 75 kbps upload and 75 kbps download
Photo of abethomas100 thomas

abethomas100 thomas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
They said you done used your 45 gigs so that's why it's that slow I told them it's been that way since they installed it can't watch nothing on it Google comes on but then say error reconnect internet
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 307 Posts
  • 103 Reply Likes
My Freedom (new) 150gb is throttled even if I use only 40gb. So you should be happy you can get to 100gb!
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 383 Posts
  • 100 Reply Likes
I would kill for 6.7 Mbps. I am lucky to get 0.67 once past the data cap.

If Viasat was a customer focused company, which they are not, they would allow you to switch priority data on and off. Often, you don’t need 18+ Mbps and could live with 2-3 and save your priority data for when you really need it. Instead, it gets used up at the start of the month by everything you do, high priority or not, so that after a few days you have nothing left other than 3-6 AM.

Capital One lets me turn my credit card on and off at will through their app. No reason Viasat can’t do the same with priority data. That would be a huge win for customers without having Viasat have a need to provide any more priority data, just let users choose when to use it. However, that requires a company to actually care about its customer’s experience and Viasat clearly does not.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1032 Posts
  • 628 Reply Likes
That actually is a good idea and why the free zone worked so well. But then they went "unlimited" data plans and said why do you need the freeze zone because there is no data limit. The "unlimited" plans are actually a step back for the customer. But then, so was other things they have changed. So it should come as no surprise.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 124 Reply Likes
When I had Viasat I rarely got 6.7 Mbps when I was under the cap, it was usually around 1 Mbps. You need to manage your data better, plain and simple. In my area it costs $200 a month for 65 GB for Viasat.
(Edited)
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 381 Posts
  • 100 Reply Likes
In 2019, nobody should have to manage their data.
Photo of Phlatulence Phil

Phlatulence Phil

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
"In 2019, nobody should have to manage their data." 

Nor should anyone face bankruptcy for healthcare
Photo of joan arquette

joan arquette

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I wish when to cenuty link it is best viasat
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 381 Posts
  • 100 Reply Likes
Fitting name Phil.
Photo of Billy

Billy

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would love to get 6.74 Mbps, especially when over the soft cap. 

But I generally agree, my experience has been absolute crap lately on VS2. I get generally good speed when under my 100GB soft cap, but when I go over it service has been terrible recently and it didn't use to be like this.

I use to be able to stream HD video during off-peak hours while over the soft cap with Netflix / Amazon Prime, etc, and my internet usually only slowed between 6/7 PM and 10/11PM at night. And even then browsing the internet was decent and low quality videos would load fine.

Now? I'm lucky to steam any HD video at all during the day, and I only get reliable HD late at night around 1  - 2AM.  And peak hours are dial up speeds and sites are barely loading and video is out of the question.

Currently as I type this, at 8PM at night with 147GB used, I am getting 0.23 Mbps on supposedly "Unlimited Gold 50" with 10 days left to reset. It gotten so bad I am looking at other options now because paying nearly $170 a month for this is unreasonable. I could justify it when it worked well during off-peak hours, I can find something else to do for a few hours at night, but now it just not usable for most of the day.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 922 Posts
  • 585 Reply Likes
Surprising a Gold 50 sub is that bad on Viasat-2. You definitely are not on magic beam.

I agree that paying north of $150/month for that crappy of speeds is definitely not worth it.
Photo of joan arquette

joan arquette

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I wish I went CenturyLink
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 124 Reply Likes
I wish we had Century Link here at least wireless through Verizon or AT&T is better than satellite. On the other hand satellite is so bad down the I-95 corridor in Central Virginia circa 1995 DSL would be better.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
Will. Seriously. After all this time you still have nothing better to do with your time then bash Viasat??? I haven’t signed on in around 2 months and just scrolling through the list I see your snarky replies on almost every other one. It’s saddening to see that this is all you have in life to occupy your time. Viasat can’t introduce the new community board soon enough!!!
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
So you think performance like this should be praised rather than bashed? I just ran this test a few minutes ago so it is pretty much real-time in my area.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
Your over your allotment. You agreed to the allotted amount. Your complaining because you think you are owed more then you are paying for. Viasat is at no fault of any kind with this. If you want more data buy more data, even if that means installing a second dish. Viasat owes you no free data.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1012 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
I dont disagree. But Viasat shouldn't market it as "unlimited" data either, because it isnt.

The Classic, Liberty, and Freedom plans were much more truthfully advertised and easier to understand.
Photo of Dances with Woofs

Dances with Woofs

• 85 Posts
  • 85 Reply Likes
Voyager is on Liberty as I recall and he admits he blows through his priority data in 2-3 days ;)

He's posting his prime time speed after exceeding priority data. Liberty still allows buying more ;)
(Edited)
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
@Nathan I assume you enjoy working for Viasat. You seem to be a loyal employee.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
@Dances The industry standard in 2019 is no data limits. Check almost any supplier other than satellite or cell phone. Viasat is so 1999.

Dances with Woofs

• 85 Posts
  • 85 Reply Likes
I know what the standards are, but it ain't gonna happen with satellite. If you or I had cable or FIOS we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Live with the limits or don't.
(Edited)
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
I know it ain’t gonna happen with Viasat, but I think it will happen with satellites eventually with Musk and others who are doing it right with LEO satellites.

Live with my comments or don’t.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 124 Reply Likes
Nathan, how sad is it that you take it personal when someone doesn't like Viasat, Why do people like me bother you so much? I guess you want the mass of people that had a bad Viasat service silenced. I suppose you don't care about the people that flush up to $500 down the toilet for poor service.
(Edited)

Dances with Woofs

• 85 Posts
  • 85 Reply Likes
I can live with your comments  and I can live with the limits of satellite for now. You apparently can do neither.

Now back to the topic at hand... why do you fell entitled to higher speeds for the remainder of the month and at the expense of others on your beam who have not and when you blow through your priority data in 2-3 days?
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1012 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
I can't keep track of peoples plans!

If he is on Liberty, he needs to take advantage of the free zone and stay within the priority data range.

As for the other comments, there use to be a lot of people on here that stood up and supported Viasat. Now there is less than a handful.

It started when that one dealer left the forum. He himself was a big proponent of the service at one time.

But what do I know, I am just waiting for something better than satellite internet to hit rural America and the underserved. If ATT has there way, Directv will only be available via the internet so then we will be left with only Dish. I dont have the answer, but I know satellite internet in 2019 is woefully underpowered to serve the needs of the consumer across the country and is not the answer today.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
You would have to be either a viasat employee or completely unaware of the state of the art in internet performance to defend viasat service other than as a last resort technology. If viasat stopped advertising as though they provide competitive performance and instead advertised as “when you have no other options we can give you some service at a high price, but, hey, viasat is better than nothing!” then the complaints would drop dramatically. LOL.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1012 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
That is what was good about the Classic Plans and the Free Zone. You knew where you stood. Now there are a bunch of weasely words and fine print.

Dances with Woofs

• 85 Posts
  • 85 Reply Likes
You seem to not be paying attention... I've only ever stated satellite is a last resort. It's been my last resort since 2005. Verizon actually promised in 2003 I'd have DSL soon - I'm still waiting and even know that it would likely be a better option.

I'm not the one who bought into the hype of Viasat-2 (with or without antenna issues). It's a fixed resource shared by far too many subscribers.

As always you and others who can't stomach that someone disagrees with your view resort to the old - "you must be be a Viasat employee or you must be unaware of state of the art internet performance". Instead, it's you who just simply doesn't understand satellite internet limitations and really failed to do your research beforehand.

But at least you answered the question - you saw it advertised that way and fell for it. PT Barnum was right.

Welcome to Planet Viasat - in a nutshell, go over your priority data at your own peril regardless of your misinterpretation of data policies. Same holds for me so expect no sympathy from this quarter. Keep blowing through your priority data expecting a different result - you do know what that's a definition of don't you?

Stay under your priority data and leverage your free zone. That's all you can do. Unlike Freedom and early Unlimited Plan adopters, you can do something about it - they're hosed either way.
(Edited)
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
No, I fell for nothing. I have known for decades that satellite was a poor option and avoided for 20 years for that reason. I am an EE and quite familiar with the limitations. I decided to try it only when Frontier DSL got so bad that I figured having no internet at all was as good as having Frontier DSL. It was either pay $8,000 for Time Warner (now Spectrum) or try Viasat. I decided to try the lower cost option first knowing that fiber is coming.

I am simply sharing experiences here so that hopefully folks who have yet to sign up will read a post and really be sure they understand what they are getting, more importantly not getting, before signing the contract. I am getting about what I expected. Less in some areas and more in others, but overall satellite sucks about as bad as I expected it would.

Since my posts seem to cause you consternation, I invite you to ignore them or exercise some self discipline and simply not reply to them. No need to get yourself all agitated. LOL.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1012 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
Might have been better off to pay the $8,000 given the price of satellite internet over x number of years. Increases the value of your home too. What person under 50 wants to buy a home without reliable internet.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I had a Classic plan for quite a few years with only 10GB of priority data. I was able to adjust my habits and never went over, but I took advantage of that 5 hour free zone. Heck, there were months that I used way more than the 150GB I'm allotted now on Freedom.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
@ExSat Yes, and had fiber not been in process and within 5-6 years at that time (4-5 years now), I would have. However, for a few more years it was better to stay with DSL or try satellite. At this point, if nothing changes with Viasat, I will finish the 24 months and then decide whether to stay with Viasat or go back to DSL. It will be a coin toss decision.

The $8,000 (actually closer to $8,300) amortized over even 5 years would have been $160 a month in addition to the service cost of $65 a month. I would have disconnected entirely and just suffered with Verizon for that kind of money. At least DSL was less than $40 a month so at least you don’t pay nearly as much for lousy service. My biggest issue with DSL was the continual disconnects and reconnects for no apparent reason. However, I had not anticipated how much a little rain interferes with the satellite. My loss of signal time with Viasat due to weather has far exceeded the DSL disconnect time. The only difference is that DSL loss of connection is random and satellite is predictable and much longer outages each time.

In aggregate it is hard to say which is better as both are really bad, but bad in quite different ways making comparison hard. The easiest comparison is cost and satellite is nearly 3X the cost of DSL.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
@fmj77. If the free period was 5 hours rather than 3 and if it was 12-5 instead of 3-6 it would be a lot more useful. 3-6 is basically not usable for anyone who lives a normal life. Which, obviously, is by design.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 124 Reply Likes
I wonder why all the complaints about DSL these days? Granted back when I had DSL it was pretty new and the late 90's and I signed up for the service right when it became available. It was something like 786 Kbps, but was very reliable. I lived in a pretty large city in Cali. When I had Viasat I would have sold my soul to the devil for that type of service.

I wonder if people like Voyager have a bad DSL experience due to the fact the infrastructure of the service that could have been installed 20 years ago has been poorly maintained. Instead of being proactive and trying to catch problems before they happen they just wait for breakdowns to occur.

Dances with Woofs

• 85 Posts
  • 85 Reply Likes
Feel free to ignore mine also Voyager. Or simply don't comment in public if you can't handle someone disagreeing with your view.

After all, this exchange started with your posting a speed test conveniently leaving out the relevant fact - you're over your priority data, exceed it in 2-3 days and now wonder why your speed is so slow despite your vast experience. Again read the Network Management Policy... the answer is there and as an EE your as qualified as anyone to interpret it. I have and it does exactly what I'd expect on Liberty. However, I'm not going to tempt fate and blow through my priority data in 2 days to determine if that results in even more severe limits for the remainder of the month.

So share your experience but share the entire experience so people know what to expect, don't conveniently leave out the parts that are leading up to your poor experience. In other words if you're going to post a speed test, also include your plan and priority data status at the same time so that folks may take the result in the proper context.
(Edited)
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
@Will. I think you are right on the money. DSL was much better in the early 90s than it is now. I had DSL for about 20 years and it got steadily worse over the years. Mine was pretty good when it was owned by a local phone company, epix, but when they sold two Frontier, Frontier simply ran the system with no re-investment and the quality continually degraded over the years.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
@Dances I will post what I want. I am not going to post a historical dissertation every post. If Viasat doesn’t want to see posts with speeds of 0.25 Mbps, they need to provide service that never gets that slow. Very simple.

I have no problem at all with you disagreeing with my posts. I am not the one that seems to get all worked up like you and the other snowflake that raised a stink and got the moderators involved to delete a series of posts. I do ignore him. Anyone who whines and gets moderators involved isn’t someone I waste time on so I have ignored all of his posts. I wish he would ignore mine, but he seems unable to do so.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1012 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
The 5 hour free zone. Another great thing took away :(.

Dances with Woofs

• 85 Posts
  • 85 Reply Likes
Seriously, who's worked up and resorting to ad hominem?

Post what you want - just don't expect 100% agreement when you leave out relevant facts. Nathan pointed out what you left out after you felt compelled to jump into the middle of his ongoing pissing match with Will.

Your response:

@Nathan I assume you enjoy working for Viasat. You seem to be a loyal employee.

My speed never gets to .25Mbps on Liberty even when I go over my priority data at the end of the month - however, I imagine it would if I were to blow through my priority data in 2-3 days. Doctor it hurts when I do this! Don't do that!

Even ExSatUser agreed once the full context was presented...

If he is on Liberty, he needs to take advantage of the free zone and stay within the priority data range.

Take his advice, it's the same as mine. Expect the moderators to clean up this one also... not that I think they should.

(Edited)
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
I am not worked up at all. I am sorry you are. Breathe deeply...
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1012 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
Does Viasat over promise and under deliver. Often. But once your priority data is exhausted (unless on one of those 150GB Freedon plans when it doesnt matter how much is used), all bets are off and the user must take responsibility for how much data they used and deal with the speed you are given.
(Edited)

Dances with Woofs

• 85 Posts
  • 85 Reply Likes
Now you're going to work Voyager up again just when he's calmed down, it's all Viasat's fault  - it's a regular love fest around here. It's a trap!
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1012 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
I have heard Admiral Ackbar say that!
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
@Voyager, you shouldn't lose signal that often. I rarely lose signal except in very heavy rain or if there is ice/snow on the Dish. My modem has been connected for 2 straight weeks without any loss of service.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 375 Posts
  • 98 Reply Likes
@fmj77. A week ago, we lost signal for 10-15 minutes 3-4 times every afternoon and evening for 4 or 5 days in a row. We had lines of showers and thundershowers passing through and every storm would knock us off for 10-15 minutes as it passed over. Our dish is aimed quite westward so we generally lose signal 10-15 minutes before the rain starts and then it comes back as the storm moves overhead. It is an indicator that a storm is coming in which is good since we can’t use the internet to check weather radar.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1012 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
If you are on a beam fringe (like I was), you will get disconnects more frequently. Stinks being on a beam edge!
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 369 Posts
  • 157 Reply Likes
This the kind of surprise that is welcomed, but unfortunately nothing you’ll see with Viasat.

A former disgruntled 150G member now on FIOS provided by our rural power company.

I pay for 100 Mbps, so this was surprising
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2001 Posts
  • 1218 Reply Likes
That's nothing to sneeze at!  Very nice.  
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 384 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
If you changed the M to a K you had my Viasat speeds and that was with plenty of priority data left. 236 Mbps, that is insane and I thought the 147 Mbps at my girlfriends house was impressive.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 374 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
I will have this in a few more years. Our local electric cooperative is just starting our fiber project. Our base level of service will be 100 Mbps for $60/month and 1 Gbps for about $100/month, or about what I pay now for 0.2 Mbps from Viasat.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1005 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
That's good stuff. Congrats!!!!
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 374 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
@ExSat It will be good stuff. It has taken a long time (heading towards 5 years) and I had to run for and get elected to the board of directors to get the program initiated, but it is going to be fantastic once it gets to my house.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1005 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
You are on the board. You will get it sooner rather than later! Lol
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 374 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
LOL. Actually, I am the board chairman and probably will get service last just to prove that we don’t show favoritism to board members! It will be rolled out in a way that makes the most economic sense for the cooperative.
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 369 Posts
  • 157 Reply Likes
Congratulations, supporting your community.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1005 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
You are correct Voyager. My cousin is on the board here. He said there broadband is the latest "big thing" for cooperatives to implement, and fiber will go to areas of co-op where you get the biggest bang for the buck (industrial parks, housing developments, etc.).

Unfortunately for my area, a depressed, sparsely populated area of Appalachia where money is tight and there isnt a big push for it, he is not optimistic they can do much anytime soon.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 374 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
@ExSat Well, run for a board seat and maybe you can help get the service extended farther and faster.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1005 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
If I cant even convince my cousin to do it, I have no chance at convincing the rest of the board. Lol
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 374 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
You don’t know until you try. The key person to convince is the CEO/General Manager. They are the one’s who have to do the real work. It is surprising how much federal and state grant money is available if you only apply for it. We will be able to fund about 60% of our system cost through grants and only have to finance about 40%.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1005 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
That is true. Now if he only had Viasat. As bad as it can be at times, we would have fiber yesterday!
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 369 Posts
  • 157 Reply Likes
I’m getting like my students, I ask them how much data they used so far this month, they looked at me and asked how do we check that? What is your normal download speeds, again a puzzled look.

The rest of the world (other than 3rd world countries and Viasat and I guess Hughes customers) aren’t concerned with that info they just use the internet.

When Viasat clamped down on the 150G plan customers it did negatively affect my ability to provide some of my students, many are military, with some interactive training examples etc. when I emailed Viasat, and had used less than 50 percent but couldn’t get 1 Mbps.

They said you can leave or change your plan.

Fortunately FIOS was going to be available, so I stuck it out until the real thing came along, and I lost all respect for Viasat.

Push your local authorities to pursue the government sponsored Broad Band initiative
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1005 Posts
  • 615 Reply Likes
It is people like you that show residential satellite internet has no real grow potential and the market will contract as time goes on.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 374 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
@johnny. You’re 100% correct. In the real world, you don’t have to even think about speeds and data amounts. It is like asking a typical car driver how many BTUs are in a gallon of gas. That is not something a typical user should have to worry about. Viasat is at the same stage of development as was the Model T in the auto world.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 374 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
@ExSat I don’t agree that residential satellite has no growth potential. A competitive service would have great growth potential for may rural areas that may never get fiber. However, the service likely will be a LEO system with low latency, high speed and reasonable cost and no data caps. I think such a satellite service would be hugely valuable not only for residential, but for folks like bus companies, RV travelers, OTR truckers, etc.

I agree that Viasat residential has no growth potential.
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 369 Posts
  • 157 Reply Likes
The text book, E Books rank various “ broad band” technologies” and provide typical download examples, satellite ranks at the bottom but the typical student doesn’t appreciate how good their ISP is and how bad satellite really is.

I insure that during that class they understand the s significant shortcomings of sat and the inability of it to really be a viable broadband alternative.

Also, we have Core values that we want our students to adopt etc. hopefully some of those values will find there way on how they interact in society including social media.

I found Viasat has fallen extremely short in the area of integrity. False advertising by not delivering the Median values that they promise, up to and no data limits.

The internet isn’t everything, I enjoy many things about country life but I/we need a little bit of the Grid, namely reasonably fast reliable service.

Sat is better than nothing, but not much, that should be Viasat’s new slogan.
(Edited)
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 124 Reply Likes
The rest of the world (other than 3rd world countries and Viasat and I guess Hughes customers) aren’t concerned with that info they just use the internet.
My aunt lives in a 3rd world country on the beach on the outskirts of a slum and she has high speed hard wired internet, city water and piped in natural gas. 3 things I don't have and I am 8 miles off I-95 in Central Virginia, in between the capitol of the USA and the capitol of the confederacy.

Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 381 Posts
  • 100 Reply Likes
@Will That is a perfect analogy. Viasat is the “third world” of ISPs.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.