Please tell me what your RX SNR level is in beam 327? THis covers East KY East Tenn and Western VA and WV?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Please check your RX SNR level and let me know what yours is? My aunt lives 150ft beside me and she gets 8.1 to 8.3. I get 7.5 to 7.8. I used to get the same RX SNR she did until about a month ago.  Why? I had my dish checked for alignment issues be exede technician. He said that is as good as it gets? I am told by him that I have no tree blockage issues. I just don't no why?
Photo of LeeS

LeeS

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1666 Posts
  • 984 Reply Likes

Hmmm...  Your numbers are fine anywhere exede services.  It's the poor chap that just can't get above 3.0 that I pity.  RX SNR can be influenced by a few different things, even the temperature of your dish itself or the TRIA.  Your levels are actually very good and you should not suffer any loss of performance at all.  Don't worry, be happy.  You have good numbers.

Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3583 Posts
  • 3576 Reply Likes
It's the poor chap that just can't get above 3.0 that I pity.
That would be me, but I'm not worried and happy with performance - everything's cruising right along and I'm just holding off on what needs to be done. I'm starting to suspect that the play-skool plastic modem isn't a precision instrument ;) It's low but maybe if I tap on the idiot lights they'll become unstuck.
(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3051 Posts
  • 1273 Reply Likes
Well, after that fiasco of a service call this morning, I'm in the same boat. Modem, maybe cable and alignment need attention but, my numbers are okay for now and, a few reboots gets the modem back online when it acts up. That will do for now - beats risking another "technician" that will leave me fearing for my safety and, worrying about being robbed - which I am now thanks to the one this morning.