MyExede dashboard takes too long to load

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Please simplify the "Data usage" request on your WEB.

It is now over a year since I requested that Exede simplify your WEB page to let us just access the usage graph without also telling us what plan we are on, what our bill looks like and providing a smiley face.

This dashboard takes anything from 45 seconds to a minute to load for me after I log in. This is ridiculous since I want to monitor my usage on at least a daily basis.

When I first brought this up, about a year ago,  you said that "exciting changes were planned for the WEB soon ...... without acknowledging that this process would be simplified.

What I,  a simple customer, would like is a separate jumper for each of the data usage, bill, buy more, contract information so I can "chose" where I want to go. 

I would ask the other users of this forum to simply "Like" this suggestion if they agree so you can see how many customers want this (I believe there are many). Please do not convert this suggestion into asking for a timeline of usage or a better tool since that is another issue (which I actually would like) which will cost money to implement. The simplification of the WEB page to provide what I am requesting will take a WEB developer less that an hour so is not costly in the greater scheme of things.

So gentlemen & ladies if you agree with this request please click "Like"

Thank you in anticipation

Charles M Clark
Photo of Charles Clark

Charles Clark

• 31 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Colorado Bobby

Colorado Bobby

• 25 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
I gave up on dashboard after about 3 months, it only shows usage up to the time you look at it, Go for a free program such as http://www.cucusoft.com/netguard.aspx and see your instant download and cumulative download. Exede is slow to respond.but so far me usage agrees with theirs.  Also make sure you aren't downloading updates ALL THE TIME.  Especially newer versions of Windows.
Photo of Stephanie Hudson

Stephanie Hudson

• 24 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
But the same issue remains if you want to buy more. When I'm over my 25GB, running slow, and want to buy more, I have to wait minutes for this dang site to load, click to buy more, wait, click to say how much, click and wait for it to process, and wait and hope it doesn't time out before taking my money and increasing my speed.

You'd think that they would want to make it easier for me to give them money, wouldn't you?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3137 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
We are currently developing a more informative and detailed dashboard for our customers utilizing feedback we've received. We hope to launch it soon!
(Edited)
Photo of Charles Clark

Charles Clark

• 31 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
The point is "keep it simple" I am not sure "a more detailed dashboard" is what we need.
That sounds like the wrong direction.

Soon? this issue was raised over 9 months ago almost immediately the new (Exede) WEB site was rolled out.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3137 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
I can't speak for what the case was in January, I only know a month or so ago that one was being developed. We are working on some of our most requested features that customers have been asking us to include such as more insight on *how* the data is being used. I'm sure whenever it's rolled out it'll please our customers. keep in mind that these things take time and no ETA has been announced.