Plans Page Empty

• Problem
  • Updated 10 months ago
I see a lot of you have the new plans on your Viastat Account Portal. Mine plans page is empty, screenshot below. 

Photo of Timothy James

Timothy James

• 62 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of James Billinger

James Billinger

• 153 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Mine is showing same thing too
Photo of Timothy James

Timothy James

• 62 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
If you just go to the Viastat website and look for available plans by zip code, it shows the new plans in my zip code. See here:

Photo of Barry Paepcke

Barry Paepcke

• 94 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I went there enter my zip code all it did was gave me a number to call
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3612 Posts
  • 2108 Reply Likes
No new plans in my area yet. 43812
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3920 Posts
  • 4006 Reply Likes
Like the weather, wait a minute and it will change - the above are showing on that Zip Code now - but I'm gonna guess and mark you as not interested ;)
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3612 Posts
  • 2108 Reply Likes
As always Old Labs you are right. Only Dr. Strangelove....in his mind....could be more right than you. I see the updated plans.

Unlimited data....40GB priority. Looks like Hughesnet plans. But I could pay $145/month for 100GB and be limited to 720p. Or I could just keep my grandfathered Freedom Plan and pay $85/month, get 150GB priority, and 1080p. Hmmmm. Let me do the math.

Old Labs. You are correct!!! No interest!

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3920 Posts
  • 4006 Reply Likes
The doctor is in the house... at least I think it's him - I had a brief exchange with a similar personality and debate style a couple days ago with the same outcome I've come to expect - exasperation.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3612 Posts
  • 2108 Reply Likes
Well we can run him out of here. His license to practice is not valid on this site.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3920 Posts
  • 4006 Reply Likes
I simply prefer not to debate him out of frustration; to his credit however, he does locate some good stuff:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31834004-ViaSat-RG1100-Afterburner-Wireless-Home-Gateway

I still prefer the Eye of Sauron version but beware the Prop 65 warning and by all means do not eat despite the lack of a warning to that effect - I can see some mistaking it for a Toblerone ;)

I'm just here waiting for the shoes to start dropping today on a region by region basis since yesterday was Patch Tuesday and required some early AM updates.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3612 Posts
  • 2108 Reply Likes
I have held the Toblerone. It is a substantial piece of hardware, including a fan! Not real crazy about the power plug though. I feel that is a step backward. You know how often it is said to unplug the modem to reset it. It is going to be more difficult compared to unplugging the surfbeam modem. Engineers!
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3143 Posts
  • 1116 Reply Likes
Could also be related to the modem you are on and the plan you have. A lot of plans released today were for the non-Wifi modems. ViaSat 2 hasn't released yet
Photo of Timothy James

Timothy James

• 62 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
We have the WiFi modem, so that answers the question I suppose?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3143 Posts
  • 1116 Reply Likes
Of course like it's always been, it could depend on your location and availability as well
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3612 Posts
  • 2108 Reply Likes
Location, location, location.
Photo of Timothy James

Timothy James

• 62 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
They appear in my area if I search the actual website for plans via zip code, it just does not show up in my Viastat Account Manger Portal.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3077 Posts
  • 1292 Reply Likes
My account shows blank for change plans as well. SB2+ modem, meaning the one I'm on is all there is in my area currently for 25 Mbps. Using the back door site that shows me new customer plans, same deal, only 12 Mbps available here so, nothing new for my modem - won't be new plans until VS2 plans come up I suspect.
Photo of John

John

• 105 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
In my ZIP code, going to the new customer plans, they have the 12 Mbps plans (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Bronze+wifi), the Silver 25 and Gold 30 plans, but blank for change plans under my account login.  I sent a message to viasatlistens so waiting to hear what they say.
Photo of Timothy James

Timothy James

• 62 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I most likely won't do anything until Viastat 2 either. Depends on pricing, but I don't think we'll do more than 150-170 Dollars. 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3564 Posts
  • 2084 Reply Likes
That's an awful lot of money for internet!
Photo of Rique

Rique

• 193 Posts
  • 80 Reply Likes
Look what’s being offered right now for 150 and do the math. It’s not looking great right now.
Photo of computer1949

computer1949

• 224 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
My page is empty Too
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2817 Posts
  • 1780 Reply Likes
Empty pages take much less data to load