Overseas Cellular better than US based Satellite

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

So why can i get Unlimited 4G LTE for 1000 Pesos/ month in the Philippines but i can only get a max of 25GB for 130.00 USD from satellite when im home in the states.  Its a stupid argument that the data caps are to make it fair for everyone.  There is a difference between speed and monthly data.  Ostensibly every one on a beam should have about 12 Mbps at any given time maybe less if every one on said transponder is using their connection at the same time. which would probably average out to about 4-6 Mbps luckily the odds of every person on a transponder trying to download concurrently is very low.  this has nothing to do with arbitrary data caps. the isn't a factory manufacturing data somewhere that they have to order for you to use.  Data only in this respect because you requested or sent it. the beams are on 24/7 365 with the same throughput capacity at all times. It seems that overseas company have figured out how to provide internet to people literally living in bamboo huts without gouging and limiting but we cant get this done in the US. I would be less irritated if i could get Google fiber or any wired service or at the very least the Freedom plan but i guess im just going to have to pretend like im living in the early 2000's when im on my computer for the foreseeable future 
Photo of Jon Keane

Jon Keane

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of david

david, Champion

• 564 Posts
  • 399 Reply Likes
Where did you get your figures of 4 to 6 MBs that everyone on a beam could use continually? I wish. Have you tried to DL anything during the first 2 or 3 hours of the LNFZ?
(Edited)
Photo of Jack Prindle

Jack Prindle

• 52 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
You hit the nail on the head! The optimal word is they are "gouging" us!
Photo of charley drumm

charley drumm

• 42 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Jack, my health is bad. I live on social security disability. If my situation was different, I'd be contacting lawyers to see if EXEDE/VIASAT can be prosecuted.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.