Over Data Splash Page.

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Not Planned
    Issue and Suggestion:
    When you go over your data limit, even if you ALREADY know you are over, Exede will randomly interrupts your web session and loads a redirect page  telling you that you are being slowed. You are then UNABLE to return to your previous web browsing. This is costing me $ as i do online work for a company that sends an initial URL and I work from there. Then this message page pops up and even though i electronically signed that "I will finish" the task assigned Exede screws me out of that and forces me to pay the penalty for NOT finishing.
    You can't click <Back> to get back to your page (as it redirects you again to the Splash Data Page). Exede has no button on the Splash Page to continue browsing or return you to your previous page in browsing. This feature NEEDS to be added as I know I am not the only customer of Exede that works online from home. Or even have it automatically redirect you back to your browsing session.
Photo of Deathgod

Deathgod, Champion

• 61 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated.

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of stumpmonkey

stumpmonkey

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It happened to me while making an online purchase. As a result I did not know if the purchase was complete or not. The disturbing thing is what about my security? I asked Exede about it and was told their customers wanted to be informed about this usage matter. I receive two emails about this in my account. One at 70% and another at 100%. I also check my usage almost daily. I was also told this interruption is only supposed to happen once a day. I've had it happen three times a day. I can only hope for the day DSL gets to my house. We all know what happens then.
Photo of Gregory Davis

Gregory Davis

• 94 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Is this something NEW - or only happens in certain areas and/or Data Plans.  I just get messages saying that I'm at 70 % and then when I'm on Liberty Pass?
(Edited)
Photo of vince mattingly

vince mattingly

• 36 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2940 Posts
  • 1002 Reply Likes
Based on the vocal feedback of this we are scaling it back to be less invasive. As before I will pass the feedback along. Sorry for the frustration
Photo of Deathgod

Deathgod, Champion

• 61 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Thank you. I don't mind the page other than the fact it hijacks my web browser. Hopefully they can implement at least one of the suggestions I posted above to make it less troublesome, without depriving the customer of the data speed warning.
Photo of Deathgod

Deathgod, Champion

• 61 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Your Splash Page hijacked my web browser again. Did they decide to not "scaling it back to be less intrusive". As you can see, there is no way to continue on to your desired page. You're trapped with this and only option is to close the tab and try  finding your previous page URL.

(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3025 Posts
  • 1257 Reply Likes
I don't ever see that because I am on a Business plan but, I do see the problem. Instead of it loading a new webpage like it is doing, if it were one of those full screen pop ups that greyed out and disabled the actual webpage until the customer clicked "OK" to acknowledge seeing it and, dismiss it, that would solve the problem.

People would stay on whatever page they were on and, not be logged out of whatever they were doing, but be unable to proceed without reading and acknowledging the Usage limit notification. Still annoying enough to get attention, and a few complaints, but, it wouldn't disrupt critical log in sites like it's doing now.