• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • confused and frustrated

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1792 Posts
  • 1125 Reply Likes
Did you call them to ask them what happened?  
Photo of Cheryl Ellis/Joan Ellis

Cheryl Ellis/Joan Ellis

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
No, I talked to them thru easy chat. (Messenger) The agent said was no charges like that was on my account. Ummmm.... ok so what's this damn email for? Am I reading it wrong or am I blind. I haven't called and agent , I'm going too. That's B.S
Photo of Terry Hill

Terry Hill

• 184 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Dang that is a hefty bill for sure ouch. The bottom text tho lol  I'm sure there haapy to have you!
(Edited)

Cheryl Ellis/Joan Ellis

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I bet when the got almost $500 it says.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 436 Reply Likes
I would consider the possibility that you've been scammed or about to be... maybe by Viasat and maybe not. Never trust an email especially when a chat agent denies knowledge of the charges. What does you're account page say? What does your credit card company say?
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3171 Reply Likes
Perhaps they contacted Epson printer support in India!
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 436 Reply Likes
What gave me away, the inadvertent use of you're rather than your? I didn't have time to turn the questions into links...

Regardless, for me that email posted just doesn't pass the sniff test for now...
(Edited)

Cheryl Ellis/Joan Ellis

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I only spoke with someone online
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3409 Posts
  • 1279 Reply Likes
See replies below. You're OK. Appears to be a error

Cheryl Ellis/Joan Ellis

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank u so much Brad. Thankful it was just an error.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2660 Posts
  • 1387 Reply Likes
What plan are you on and how much data have you used for your current billing cycle?
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3172 Reply Likes
Being that the plan name is right there on the alleged bill, that question has already been answered.

Why don't you go back to posting your annoying speed tests! Then that will bring out the Verizon mifi users posting their speed tests. Then somebody will post a history lesson with irrelevant material and the next thing you know we will have tractor pics.
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2660 Posts
  • 1387 Reply Likes
It’s pretty much been agreeded that she received a fraudulent message that was not from Viasat. That being said, we really don’t know if she is on Unlimited Bronze or not.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
That ins't like any billing email I've ever seen from Viasat. What does your account management page say your bill is?

I suspect that's a scam email so, please forward the entire email to viasatlistens@viasat.com so that they can get it over to the right people and get it stopped.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 436 Reply Likes
Who's JOAN and why is she calling herself Cheryl here?

Cheryl Ellis/Joan Ellis

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Joan is my mother. The account is in her name, but she's not very familiar with email & such. Does that answer ur question.?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3413 Posts
  • 1282 Reply Likes
This doesn't appear to look like a billing notice by us. We can do a deep dive if you email viasatlistens@viasat.com and we'll make sure all is safe and accurate. 

Just for safety I did remove the image as it contains and account number
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3413 Posts
  • 1282 Reply Likes
Update: I was able to pull up an account on the image and found NO indication of you owing or being charged that. It appears to be an error. Rest easy Cheryl. 
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3413 Posts
  • 1282 Reply Likes
Don't forget putting it in a stew Vet!
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3413 Posts
  • 1282 Reply Likes
@Gabe haha I missed that comment (removed). If I *DID* live in India I guess I'd have some pretty bomb Tikka Masala but I can make it just fine in Colorado so I'll gladly settle.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3172 Reply Likes
If the bill was legit, I hope it wasnt a monthly bill of almost $500.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2660 Posts
  • 1386 Reply Likes
I’m making cheesy potatoes in the rice cooker when I get home.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
That potato post was good LOL I think twice baked sounds good tonight. (Glad said post was removed, wouldn't have posted my comment had I thought it would last more than an hour XD)

@Brad  I want your recipe - I love Tikka Masala just haven't found the perfect recipe yet. I do better with tree rat in gravy (braised squirrel)  or chicken, rabbit, quail, whatever at least semi white meat you might have on hand.