Outlook 365 email stopped communicating with exede email.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • In Progress
Photo of Gary Dean Smith

Gary Dean Smith

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1620 Posts
  • 943 Reply Likes
Can you log into your Exede email through a web portal?

Regardless, you really need to transition from Exede email and move to something else like Yahoo or gmail. Viasat doesnt even give out email accounts, and they are even transitioning many existing customers off it.

Do yourself a favor, cut the cord, and start working with a different email service. You will be much better off in the long run.
Photo of Gary Dean Smith

Gary Dean Smith

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes I can get exede email from the web portal.  I have been using Outlook email for a couple of decades and just a week ago it quit talking to exede.  I can't load my email over from exede to outlook now
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1589 Posts
  • 931 Reply Likes
Umderstood.

Still, I would transition off Exede mail and start using your Outlook with Gmail. You will be better off long term as gmail is a lot more stable and robust.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1021 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
Gary,

As far as I'm aware, no changes have been made on our side that would prevent our email from communicating with your Outlook.

Go to the following links and check to make sure the settings are correct.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-an-email-account-to-outlook-6e27792a-9267-4aa4-8bb6-c84ef146101b?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

https://help.viasat.com/internet/articles/General/POP-IMAP-settings-for-your-email-account
Photo of Gary Dean Smith

Gary Dean Smith

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
All the settings on the link matches what I have already set up.  
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1620 Posts
  • 943 Reply Likes
Have you tried a third party email client (such as Thunderbird) and see if that works?

I use to think I could never do without Outlook as an email client. Then I ditched it for Thunderbird, which blows Outlook out of the water and it is free. You ought to try it!
Photo of Gary Dean Smith

Gary Dean Smith

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Never heard of Thunderbird.  I'll look at it.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1516 Posts
  • 895 Reply Likes
Definitely.  Very robust.  Check it out.  It is a Mozilla product.
Photo of Gary Dean Smith

Gary Dean Smith

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It appears that Outlook and Exede has started talking to each other again.  It's a mystery as to what is going on.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1589 Posts
  • 931 Reply Likes
With the third party email service Viasat uses, not a surprise.

Again, transition away from it. Only a matter of time before it fails for good or will he eliminated snyhow.