Outage update?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Got an update yet on the outage? I know there is one because I am an incident manager and there is no way there is not an update on an outage the long. Please get an update other than no update and do kit make up something like one hour I was told at 730AM this morning.
Photo of Sherry Jackson

Sherry Jackson

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3056 Posts
  • 1274 Reply Likes
Sure there is, "It's out, we are working on it, we will notify you when it's fixed." End of update and, you won't hear again until it's fixed, be that an hour, a week, a month. That's pretty normal for a lot of things.

I'm sure it's either a gateway outage or maintenance, either way I don't think the phone reps get info beyond knowing it's out and being worked on, or it's weather and, that's that, just have to wait.
Photo of Sherry Jackson

Sherry Jackson

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I will have to rethink ha ING my phone with you.
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 671 Posts
  • 295 Reply Likes
Sherry, depends on your beam. Looks like there were some issues with some WildBlue beams this morning but not Exede that I can see.
Photo of Denise

Denise

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My internet is down..

Is there a problem or is Maintenance going on? The modem keeps hunting for a signal and goes through its start up process. I have done the standard switch off and on process still no success. Please advise. I work from home and need the off hours to download files.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3051 Posts
  • 1273 Reply Likes
If you have Exede, there should not be an outage for you, based on what Alex posted. If you have WildBlue, then an outage is possible but, should be resolved now.

If you are still unable to connect verify that your cables are all tight at the connection points and, that your dish does have line of sight to the satellite. Trees, heavy clouds, especially an electrical storm or debris on the dish may be the issue. Also verify that your router (if you have one) is not the problem by connecting via a cable directly form your modem to your computer.

If that is not the problem, call 855-463-9333 or email your information to exedelistens@viasat.com. They can help you do further troubleshooting and get you back online or, schedule a service call if you need one.
Photo of Marc Sayer

Marc Sayer

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well we have Exede and our service was down entirely for several hours earlier today (basically all morning). And although service is up now, speeds are dismal. Download speed tests out at a whopping 136 kB/s. :-( So it would seem that a)Exede did have a problem and was down, and b)it is still not fixed even though we do have some sort of service again.
Photo of Marc Sayer

Marc Sayer

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So to be fair to the folks at Exede. Our system was wonky all day yesterday and most of today, sometimes not being able to access a server sometimes being fine. Sometimes being down completely for a short while. But I thought it was doing pretty well this evening so I tested it and got these very acceptable results. http://testmy.net/FAfidDLem.742JoQCaj.png  Now if only this was typical, I'd be a very happy customer. This is what we were promised, this is what we expected. And we got it for a while when we first signed up. But then things slowed way down, uptime issues began, and we started having intermittent problems like not being able to get to a webpage one moment, but getting to it just fine the next. We are on the Freedom plan and I do love the 150GB/mo. If we could have that and the promised 15Gb/s, I'd be raving about this company. After almost 10 years with Hughes and their pathetic 15GB/molimtis causing us to spend almost half out time throttled down to dialup speeds because we went over 15GB, I was so happy about Exede's Freedom plan. Now I just wish it was living up to its potential more regularly.  But when it is running well, like it is tonight, I simply love it.
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 671 Posts
  • 295 Reply Likes
Marc, you may want to email the Care team at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account info and have them take a look at your account. The speeds should be more consistent than that in a Freedom beam.
(Edited)