outage

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

Today, 28 May 2014, my service connection was down for at least 8 hours. How do I find out what happen and if this was a scheduled outage, how are we told about this outage, I spent several hours troubling shooting....
Photo of Carl

Carl

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Carl,

That's not good.  Please email me at exedelistens@viasat.com with your telephone number and the best time to call.  I can take a look at your account and see what's going on.

Thanks,
ExedeKarmin
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
I have never been informed of any upcoming maintenance outages, it simply fails for anywhere form 2 to 12 hours despite checking everything, power cycling and such. If that fails after 30 mins and, the weather is okay here and at my gateway, I assume it's Viasat working on something and wait 12 hours or, until it comes back if it is down less than 12 hours (usally is just 2-4 hours but, 12 has happened once to me.)

Support can tell you if that is the problem when you call, after about the first 30 mins - I think it takes a bit for the status to get updated to the phone support people so, call too soon and they don't know about the maint. yet.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.