Modem issues

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
It has now become a constant reset of the modem/router at least three to four times a week. This has been going on over the past month and when you are a home office based professional that requires a connection to make money to pay the bills, it's becoming an exercise in the absurd. The "(cough) Modem/Router" will either dump all the local IP's, dump it's connection to the service - period - so it's a constant cycle of having to unplug it...and wait...sometimes it takes up to an hour for it to properly reissue DHCP across the network, which is ridiculous. How do I get this modem/router swapped for a newer model? I pay for 150GB monthly, which is an absurd dollar amount...with all of that being said have ZERO expectation of having the issues I do have for the amount I pay...since I'd assume very few customers are paying premium service.
Photo of Mark J Smith

Mark J Smith

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 265 Posts
  • 109 Reply Likes
Hi Mark, if you started having issues after installing new modem, then it could be a modem install or modem internal issue.

I am assuming you had reasonable service before this modem.  I had to reset/reboot my modem about 3 times in the last 3 months, for what i believe was router issues.  In any case what you describe is not satisfactory.  I suggest calling Exede and get a service visit or replacement modem.

My modem is working well, i think it gives Exede too  much control, but as long as my service is satisfactory i can deal with it.  Also i think rebooting phones, computers modems etc. should be done weekly or at least monthly, in any case it is what i do.
(Edited)