No connection after switching plans

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem resolved. No need for further response at current time.

I switched plans the other day. The CSR said they had to make some change to my modem. Since then, I cannot connect to the internet. What went wrong?
Photo of Anne Block

Anne Block

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Starring Matter

Starring Matter

• 290 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Turn off your modem, router, computer.  After two minutes, turn your modem back on first.  Give it a while for all the lights to go solid.  When they are solid, plug back in your router.  Give your router about a minute, then, turn your computer back on.  If that doesn't work, call them back, they may have screwed something up. . . 
Photo of Anne Block

Anne Block

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes. I have tried that several times to no avail. I have called CSR and they seem intent on blaming the weather. Now I am looking at costly tech and equipment fees. However, I believe excede needs to acknowledge they may have screwed up the modem before I pay for a replacement
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Anne,
The only thing a CSR can do to your modem is reboot it. That usually does not cause any internet connections issues. We can review your modem status in the system and check for any technical issues. If there are any problems, our Tech Support team can troubleshoot before a service call is scheduled to have a tech come out. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with the phone number associated with your account and I will be glad to assist you. Thanks.
ExedeCrystal
Photo of Lake Country Satellite

Lake Country Satellite

• 140 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Crystal...this is already being taken care of and a truck roll is set up.
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update
Photo of Lake Country Satellite

Lake Country Satellite

• 140 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Hi Ann.  My name is David Varner and I am an Elite Dealer with Exede and will try and help you.  Can you send me either your phone number associated with your account or your MAC address located on the bottom of the router.  Then I can take a look at your modem to see what state it is in.  If I can not get it to reset for you, I will contact an engineer to take a look at your account.  Changing your plan only takes a few minutes and the system reboots your modem automatically.  It just may be hung.  Not to worry we will see what we can do.

David Varner is an Elite Dealer for Exede and is a member of the Dealer Advisory Council to ViaSat.  Lake Country Satellite  www.lakecountrysat.com  david@lakecountrysat.com

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.