No Phone for Over a Day!

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
OKAY NOW I'M MAD:

PLEASE READ VERY SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY!

I live in a rural area. This is my ONLY phone, which has not worked in over 24 hours now. I have ALREADY reviewed your TROUBLESHOOTING page and have ALREADY done your TROUBLESHOOTING suggestions to no avail. I have a dial tone, but cannot hear people, but they can hear me. People can call in, I cannot hear them, but they can hear me. I HAVE checked all the connections and I HAVE reset the stupid voice box more times than I can count.

Your ONLY resolution thus far has been to circle jerk me and send me to the troubleshooting page (BEEN THERE) and tell me to call your toll free number. NEWS FLASH! My PHONE IS NOT WORKING!!! I LIVE IN A RURAL AREA, the nearest payphone is 17+ miles away from here! There is no cell phone service where I live either. This is bullcrap! Seriously folks!

And yes the internet is working just fine.

If I do not have a working phone by tonight, I will drive the 17+ miles into town tomorrow and I will place a phone call, but it will be to AT&T to put a land line in my home and you can have your stupid voice box back.

This is unacceptable!
Photo of Tonya Jean Salas

Tonya Jean Salas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Very Mad

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of James Morris

James Morris

• 36 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Are you sure it is not your phone's speaker?
Photo of Tonya Jean Salas

Tonya Jean Salas

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I tried a different phone. That did the same exact thing. I thought maybe our phone died, even though it's less than a year old - nothing is built to last anymore. But this other one is doing the same thing too. :( And there are three, one main with a base and two satellites (if you will) that only work if the main is plugged in. It does it to all the phones.
(Edited)
Photo of ExedeNeil

ExedeNeil, Official Rep

• 41 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Tonya - If I could get your acct number or modem MAC addr, I can take a look. The best way to send it is on the www.wildblueworld.com/forum site, which has a private message facility. Search for ExedeNeil there.
Photo of ExedeNeil

ExedeNeil, Official Rep

• 41 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Tonya - I got your acct number and did some diagnosis. Have not found the problem yet. Please check your email account on the wildblue forum for some info I sent to you.
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same issue... Has been happening since yesterday....
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1683 Posts
  • 1000 Reply Likes
Just for fun....  My ExedeVoice phone is working good. 

Tonya Jean Salas  if you have a WiFi router connected and have an Android phone, enable calling using WiFi on your android phone and see if that gets you by until your base station phone works.  If you do have a cell phone with the Android operating system, and it works on your WiFi, call your cell provider and get the web address needed from them to register your WiFi address or it will only work a few times and quit (Re-booting phone enables it again temporarily).  Your address is needed by the cell company for listing in your local e911 system, it's required by law.

PS, Android phones can do this, I'm not sure about  iPhones, and Nokia will not work.
Photo of Paula Jett

Paula Jett

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Tonya I am having the same problem with our phone. We cannot call out we get a dial tone but when we make the call there is just a busy signal. When someone calls in they can hear someone answer but that person cannot hear the person calling in. We also live in a rural area and do not have cell phone service. I have called them and keep getting the same answers "you need to check your connections and then reboot each one in a certain order. Again like you been there and done that, the best part is when I call I tell them from the start I am not at home because there is no cell phone service I am calling you from my car because I am either driving to or from work, and they still will ask me are light lit up on the modem? Or it's hard to trouble shoot the problem if your not there to follow the directions. My thing is can you not just send someone out to take care of the problem, but NO THEY CAN NOT, they can only do a diagnostic from there to see if something shows up or if the problem persists send you a new modem. I did not set the voice up the tech that came out and installed the whole internet & voice system did. It's been two weeks now and nothing. Did they ever figure out what your problem was?
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Hey Paula, I know Lorrie responded to your other post, but she might not have seen this one. I would send exede Lindsey and exede Diana an email at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact info and reference these two posts. They work directly for ViaSat and will be better suited to get you fixed.

I would still respond to Lorrie on your other post sense she has exede voice she might have some input to help you too.
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Paula, if you experiencing any issues concerning your Exede voip services I would be more than happy to review your account to see if we can resolve and send out a new voip ATA modem if necessary. Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you. 
Photo of GeoSteph Adams

GeoSteph Adams

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We have the same issue! Rural area and all. We have bought new house phones, tried the troubleshooting phone call to viasat multiple times. It will work again for a day and then nothing. I'm so frusterated and at this point i'm paying for Exede Voice for NOTHING. I'm so tired of getting the run around for them to tell me it must be the phone, we've replaced the phones. They've sent us new "Exede Voice Box", Nothing is fixing the problem. 
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi GeoSteph, I would be more than happy to review your account to see if we can resolve your current voip issues. Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you. 
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Follow Lindsey's directions above and send him an email and they with get the telephone engineers involved if necessary and get you fixed. Clearly there is a glitch on the back side which happens with electronics. Just send the email stay calm and they will get you fixed!! :)
Photo of Ellen Meierdiercks

Ellen Meierdiercks

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok i have net but no phone and i really starting to wonder if i made the right decision to switch i kind feel all alone here here because i don't know how to fix this or how to reach some one that dose know how to fix this. SOMEONE HELP
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Ellen, I do apologize about the inconveniences. I understand how frustrating it can be not to have phone service. I would be more than happy to review your account to see if we can resolve your current voip issues. Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you.

(Edited)