No more great GB give-away, now what?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: tired thread

Now that the great GB giveaway is over, what is the company's answer about what they are going to do for loyal customers stuck on the old plans? These plans are simply not competitive and the only reason I have it still is that all other options are not available. By the time a new satellite is launched we will have better WISP connectivity available for less money with higher limits. Unless Excede does something now (even making the evolution plans available would be a start) I will gladly ditch them as soon as something else comes along. 

So, is there any plan to make evolution plans more widely available (specifically in upstate NY) or to change anything about the 15GB limits or pricing for the traditional plans? 

Frankly the free-zone is not super helpful when the majority of my data usage is streaming video via netflix or hulu, I'm not watching movies at 2AM (usually). 

Considering the "answer" to this question for the last few months has been "Have you heard about our great GB giveaway?", now that that is over, what now? 
Photo of Ben Fruchter

Ben Fruchter

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • annoyed

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jacqueline Tierney

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
We are giving the new Liberty plan a try.  I don't know if that is available in your area.  Though I had a negative reaction to it at first look, after I read up more on it and gave it some thought I can see that the idea behind it is sound.  I don't know if you can get that plan or not but I will post once we get into the Liberty pass mode about how well it actually works.  If it works as intended, it will for the most part lift the data cap for people like us.  If the speed does stay within 1 to 5 most of the time that should be fast enough to allow streaming videos (though with some buffering on occasion on the low end of the speed)  and just in general a more relaxed internet usage mode which is what the majority of users are looking for.  I can also live with occasional slow downs that make some activities not work well or at all, as long as that is the exception not the rule.  So far random speed tests in the busy times we seem to stay in the 10 mbps or higher so I think that is a good sign for how things will work in the Liberty Pass mode, time will tell.

We were on Evolution and it also was pretty restrictive when it came to streaming anything, but the free zone time was more convenient for updates and such.  If you can get WISP soon lucky you.  I have a tower 8 miles from me for an excellent WISP but trees (not owned by me) block my access.  :(  
Photo of Don Anderson Sr.

Don Anderson Sr.

• 71 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Seven days to go now and I'll get my quota  back. My computer took a dump and I* had to get out the laptop that hadn't been used since last fall. Microsoft used up a couple Gb of data with 77 updates. What we need is a great 2 GB giveaway to solve the problems until Exede gets their act together.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
We???  and who are you? Are you part of the exede staff?? 
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
No Bobbie, "We" as in the "Jacqueline family" is most likely what was meant by that.
Photo of Gary

Gary

• 155 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
I am in "Up State NY" just 100 miles north west of NYC in the Catskills. Lets face some facts first. If you have other options such as this WISP you mention that are faster and cheaper then why would you even keep Exede? That is not a slam on the Exede service but IMO the only real reason to have internet via satellite is because you have NO other option. This is the case for me, ridiculous dial up or Satellite. My plan is for 10GB each month and Netflix is simply out of the question. Likewise with the free zone as I am sleeping long before midnight every night. Satellite has some wonderful advantages for folks in my situation but I am well aware of the shortcomings and deal with it accordingly. My one and only real beef with Exede is they should credit my account every month with all unused data that I did pay for. 
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
I totally agree Gary. I wouldn't have a problem in the world if they would just roll what's left of the 10 gig each month. I guess thats too easy.
Photo of Gary

Gary

• 155 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
Yes Bobbie, That great 5GB give away was something I never used but there has been many months when I only used 3-4GBs of the 10 I paid for. Those who did use the great give away should thank me because those GBs were mine!
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Normally I give back 2 ~ 3. I never ask for any but kim gave me 3 once the day before my data restarted and I gave back 5gb that time. Owell it's the only game in town. :) Take care Gary if I don't see you again.
Photo of Gary

Gary

• 155 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
You can't see me Bobbie---- Pictures take too much Data!
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I had commented about why they can not "roll over" your unused data at the end of the month.  Satellite has a limited capacity bandwidth wise when its built.  It's build with the latest and greatest tech when it is built but still it has limited capacity and once its launched there is no doing upgrades to it.  Only way that would happen is they would have to go up and retrieve it and bring it back down and at that point every single person would be out of internet service.  That being said if they "roll over" your data each month that means that next month you have say 12GB and then the next you have 15 over time that additional data would add up and over load the beams and bog down the network.  So in order to keep the speeds up as promised and provide a fast service they can't roll over the data. Say in three months time every user on viasat-1 has double the data now with that double data they are going to go crazy downloading and watching videos and such and the network will be highly overloaded and speeds will be at a crawl.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
They can roll it over if they wanted to.
Photo of Gary

Gary

• 155 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
Based on your theory which I don't disagree with, the same condition would exist if all of us were to use the full amount of data we purchase. I do believe when we see others complaining about slower speeds they encounter it is because of beam overload or the over selling in those particular beams. Satellite service has it's limitations and some of us are willing to accept them and be fairly happy to have what we have. Those who are in to high tech, gaming and video streaming need not apply!
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
@Knight Rider--As for not letting people roll over unused data you say people would have so much data they would all be on and the beam would be congested. Well if all these people that have extra data to roll over where's that leave people that can't make their data last the whole month. So if everyone that had data was on line all these people that can't make it through the month wouldn't that make the beam congested.? Just asking because I read a lot of post by people who's data doesn't even last a month. I have 10 gig and I have a couple of MB left at end of month. So just a little extra would not hurt that much.  What about all the time had the GGBG people getting that were online longer down loading things etc. Didn't notice congestion on my beam.
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Ben, unfortunately our Great Gig Giveaway promo ended on 3/28. At this time we do not have any promotions associated to the “GGG”. As other members have identified on here, regrettably It’s not possible to make freedom plan widely obtainable to the reach all the beams within other areas. This is why we only have specific packages for particular ranges I would however like to see which packages are available within your area. Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you for posting -Exede Lindsey 
Photo of Connie Smith

Connie Smith

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is the first time I, as well, have come close to going over my limit and am concerned because I have online classes, Netflix, HULU AND Xbox1....what do I do? I left HughesNet because of their insanely high costs and slow speeds....do I need to leave again?
Photo of Exede Beau

Exede Beau

• 380 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Connie, let me take a look and see what we can do. Please email me at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. Please reference your post in your email.
Photo of Connie Smith

Connie Smith

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok....still waiting for that response....tick tock tick tock
Photo of postman

postman

• 39 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
It would be wonderful if the additional gigs I purchase if the unused portion rolled over. It would take the worry out of buying additional data. That would encourage my customer loyalty. I must admit I still look at exede sideways every month.
Photo of Exede Beau

Exede Beau

• 380 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
postman, I've passed your suggestion on to the appropriate individuals. Thanks!
Photo of Melanie Ross

Melanie Ross

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I do no Netflix, videos, Hulu nothing but facebook and ebay and I go over every month. I have always had to use the GB giveaway and now that it is over I will be searching for a better solution to my internet or just canceling it all together. It is to expensive for what I get.  I have recorded my usage for the last 2 months  on a daily basis and have compared it to another satellite user's data usage and it is unreal. And they watch videos and movies all the time. I have not watched a movie one since getting Exede, I no longer can do youtube and I have to turn off chat when I am in Facebook. Makes  for a real enjoyable internet experience.
Photo of Exede Beau

Exede Beau

• 380 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Melanie, based on your description you should have plenty of data left. Please email me at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. I'd like to go over your usage with you in detail. Please reference your post in your email.
Photo of Wayne Grassfield

Wayne Grassfield

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I agree...now what?  I am going over every month, sometimes in two weeks
I have called chatted, and emailed and no one has yet to respond?  wish there were other options?
also would be nice to know what other plans might be avaialable?

Gary, I am also in upstate NY  (near Cairo in greene county) where are you located?
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello Wayne, please give me a call at my contact number in your email at your earliest convenience so we get this issue resolved for you. Thank you -Exede Lindsey 
Photo of Gary

Gary

• 155 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
Near Monticello in Sullivan County
Photo of mary38483

mary38483

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Every time I call or chat I'm told that new plans with more gigs & better pricing are coming to my area soon. I was told in December that after the first of the year those new plans would be available but I'm still waiting to see those plans. But yet I see a lot of plans that are better but none are for my area. I've called in several times about how slow my connection is especially during the free zone & im always told its congestion. I even expressed to one rep that I was thinking of leaving & she said ok that's your decision. The rep showed no interest in keeping my business. I'm considering leaving & going to another company cause of that rep, cause of always being told its congestion, & cause I'm always being told those new plans are coming but never do. I'm done with all the aggravation!
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello Mary38483, we certainly understand your concerns. As of now, there is not a specific time as to when more plans will be widely available. Within the next year or so we will have a new satellite up which could possibly bring better packages and more customer facing features. Rest assure, we are constantly looking to improve service for all our customers. I’m sure we will have additional packages in your region sometime in the near future. If I can assist in any way possible please feel free to send us an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you. 
Photo of Linda Kay Odom Smith

Linda Kay Odom Smith

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I wish I had other service available for internet. I use the 10GB long before the month is over and I have tried going online after midnight but I was not pleased with that either. It was as slow as my moral slow after the usage is exceeded. I pray for more options in the near future.
Photo of Leslie

Leslie

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
As for rolling over data not being something a satellite can do...AT&T rolls over my data each month for my cell, which is satellite, so why can't exede
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Like everyone, I'd like to see rollover also but don't see it as being practical for ViaSat at this time. It's not really a matter of can't.

AT&T cellular service isn't satellite-based despite using the "air waves" and the infrastructure is entirely land-based. Relatively cost effective to add capacity when compared to satellite. 

Exede's capacity is limited to that which was available at the time of the satellite launch. While they can add additional capacity to the land-based infrastructure, they can't do much about the real bottleneck 22000 miles above the equator short of launching a new satellite.

It has been estimated that it costs $150,000 to $200,000 to simply erect a new cell tower, while the current cost to simply launch ViaSat-2 is around $90 million according to the SpaceX site  (that's just for the ride and excludes costs to actually build it and make it operational - total cost to build and lauch is estimated at $600 million). 

Rollover introduces a new network management variable that would need to be accounted for in capacity planning that is largely non-deterministic and likely have negative impacts on already overloaded beams.

Our best hope is the new satellite launch (and hopefully SpaceX, Boeing and ViaSat will remain on schedule after the SpaceX launch failure on 6/28), but even then I hope ViaSat is planning ahead of that one since it's likely increased demands for data will require another satellite launch a few years after that.

While ViaSat likely accounted for the maximum number of subscribers that could be supported on a spot beam  I don't think that they anticipated the explosive demand for data resulting from new technologies or increased consumer use of data hungry streaming content providers.    

OneWeb may eventually offer some relief to those of us having no other choice but satellite, while also adding a third competitor to the mix but that's a long way off.

(Edited)

Don Anderson Sr.

• 71 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
ViaSat just wants to get the last drop out of the orange and a new satellite will not change this. Get real and cut the con job, adding rollover is a simple math problem and not difficult. Tracfone does it with a lot more customers than ViaSat has
(Edited)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Perhaps you should consider this:

http://www.steelintheair.com/building-your-own-cell-tower-checklist.html

and make a few bucks in the process.

Not defending ViaSat, just recognizing reality which sometimes bites; and if you've got Tracfone coverage you have an option - most satellite users don't have an option (however not with Tracfone since it appears they don't offer data plans).
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3241 Posts
  • 2085 Reply Likes
While AT&T does offer the unused data to roll over to the next month, bottom line is, if you read the terms in their offering, is that the unused data will only be used AFTER using the new month's data allotment, and also, that rolled over data expires after one month if not used. Certainly better than no roll over of data, but somewhat a teaser. We would all love unlimited data, but with satellite it is just not something that can be obtained, with the satellites having limited capacity, and websites and users demanding more and more data every day.

Don Anderson Sr.

• 71 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Get real you champions you are nothing but ViaSat pawns with no actual factual data, but you feel important.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Says the man whose posts are nothing more than emotional arguments based on his perceived entitlement, his failure to understand the limits imposed by satellite internet access and his need to address those limitations on his own.

The reality is that web developers are oblivious to those limitations as they sit contented behind their virtually unlimited access and the state of web development today is best summed up with the following:

http://recode.net/2015/06/19/the-autoplay-arms-race-comic/

Autoplay is the least of it, wait until you learn about pre-load on sites that have adopted HTML5 video - you don't even have to watch them now but you might as well since the data damage has already been done even before clicking play and even pause doesn't prevent them from pre-loading in many cases.

Next time just go with the "Well, you're an old poopie pants" gambit - it's much more effective.  If that fails, go with the "You're not the boss of me argument" - that always gets 'em.

Rest assured that for many of us that if a more viable option than satellite internet available to us, we'd be all over it like white on rice.
(Edited)

Don Anderson Sr.

• 71 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Rubbish, when you pay for a service it is not an entitlement. Mr. Hero,the facts are VaSa6 makes it's money by selling over priced internet access and their BEAN COUNTERS know exactly what they are doing. They also know forums work to their benefit because a lot of people want to look like a hero .................know as marketing strategy's.

• 3241 Posts
  • 2085 Reply Likes
And also some on the other end of the spectrum...:(

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
OK, you win Don. Without the "champions" whom you continuously berate and who actually provide answers to questions this forum might as well be replaced in its entirety with a single sentence:

"Send us an email at exedelistens@viasat.com..."

Enjoy your support forum I'm outta here and others needing assistance will know where to find me.   
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
We definitely understand your concerns. We've had a number of people make this comment. It's something we've considered but we have no immediate plans to do rollover data in the future.   

Photo of Fanny Fae

Fanny Fae

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I work from home, online for a living. During business hours, i do a ton of research. Because of this, I breeze through 25 GB about halfway through my billing cycle at times.  I live in the sticks, there is NO other option than Exede for internet and by comparison to friends who are just a few miles down the road outside of the idyllic rural setting I live in, I pay a premium for that service.

NO. I am absolutely not going to switch to the "Liberty Plan"  because I would lose my free time from `12 Am - 5 AM.    I would blow though the extra ten GB in no time flat.   The free time saves my backside for my client work.    

It was my understanding that the Great Gig Giveaway supposedly was to help those who don'r have access to unlimited service as other areas in the country do.     Well, now that that is gone, I can tell you the first chance I have to have comparable unlimited service, I will bail.  I have no other complaints with Exede EXCEPT the fact that 25 GB per month - even with the free time at gawdawful AM - is absurd.  

I am almost pining for the unlimited diialup access I had for $20  a month! Heaven knows I am paying far, far more than that now.  WHEN are we going to get unlimited service in Iowa?!   And is Exede / Wild Blue prepared to offer competitive rates - because if it is much more than I am paying now, what would be the point?
(Edited)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Many of us find ourselves in similar situations to yours, Fanny.

IMHO, the Great Gig Giveaway promotion was aimed at soothing the ill-will generated by the promotions offered to attract new customers starting last year. In particular, those 6 month offers of double (and as I recall triple) data allowances that many felt to be unfair to existing customers. Now that those new customer promotions are over, so to is the GGG which was always a limited time offer, never really promoted and you had to know about it to get it..

The only way ViaSat can offer more data is through the launch of the new satellite originally scheduled for late 2016 but I anticipate that might slip some as a result of the catastrophic SpaceX launch failure on 6/28.

Actually, my circumstances may be well-suited to the Liberty Plan(s) but they aren't available in my area so its a moot point.                      
(Edited)

Don Anderson Sr.

• 71 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
LOL
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
I think Liberty plan sounds great to me BUT not available in my area either.Okay about Liberty Plan thought there were different amounts like Classic plan. You could have 12 gig but when you used it up your speed slowed down to maybe 5 mb download and don't know what up. But Casair my other choice  for what I pay for my 10gig speed would have to pay that amount. The top speed would be 5mb down and think maybe 2 up. So waiting for Liberty plan.

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
On the Liberty Plan if you use up your "priority" data you are now simply moved to a lower priority and your speeds may slow if your area is busy but you are no longer dapped.  If there is bandwidth available you can continue to use the internet, if it's busy, people that still have the priority data available are ahead of you in the queue and if it gets really busy you will get slower speeds.    We were over for 10 days and our speed stayed in the 10 mbps range even in prime time that month.  I know it is difficult to comprehend the difference between Liberty and the older plans when we were used to being cut off.  The LNFZ is not needed on this plan since you are never cut off completely.  They do say that heavy users of Liberty Pass will experience slower speeds than lighter users so I suspect that is a way of clamping down on someone who tries to abuse the plan.  I am currently on the 12 GB plan and I'm slowly started to be more relaxed about watching an occasional video than I used to be.  My husband works from home one day a week and he found it was working perfectly for him with any uploading or downloading he needed even when we were on the pass.  It's a really good fit for the majority of users and a huge change in how satellite internet works.  If we get through winter and find we can comfortably watch the games we want to see and stream concerts we can't get to I would say we'd be extremely satisfied and might become more particular about switching away from satellite unless FIOS (1.5 miles away from us...:/) suddenly showed up on our doorstep of course, we'd be crazy not to jump on to something like that but Liberty makes satellite a much more attractive internet option.
Photo of Leslie

Leslie

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Great for you but they do not have this in my area.  I do not understand how one can pay $30 less a month for a better plan.  I have the 15G, pay about $90/month, and then my speeds are slowed to a crawl.  I never watch movies, listen to Pandora, etc. but probably need about 20G/month.  The Liberty would have me paying much less and when my speeds slowed, they'd slow to what I have now but pay more than you do.  I doubt this plan will ever come to Wyoming.
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
What beam are you on if you don't mind telling me. Must not have to many people. I'm hoping someday I'll be able to get the Liberty plan.
Photo of nwdane

nwdane

• 13 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Its hard to go from reliable cable and dsl service to sat. This service has been nothing but frustration but its the only service we can get. People are always nice in customer service but the service itself sucks. If I had i choice i would move on. I take classes. I keep in touch with family on the west coast. I need internet.  In WA i had occasional outage with cable and dsl but never the limitations ive had to deal with this service in VA.  Exhausted is the word and look forward to moving so I can get a service that delivers. Cant wait to burn that dish! :)
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
I'm waiting for it to come to Michigan hopefully will come before I get so old can't use a computer. 
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I get the frustration...none of us are here because we chose sat over normal trestial service....that being said though it is a good service but you have to understand how of works and understand data and what uses how data to be able to manage it and not go over.
Photo of Leslie

Leslie

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
"What beam are you on if you don't mind telling me. Must not have to many people."  What does that mean?  How do you find out the 'beam'?
Photo of postman

postman

• 39 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Advances in technology force competition. That competition no doubt already has eyes on Exede markets knowing soon pickings will be ripe. If WB/Exede's spidey senses arent tingling it will be hemorraging market. 

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
I live in Iowa, I think most of the state is covered by one beam.  There are a lot of good WISP providers in Iowa, and several areas with small companies and coops that have expanded FIOS even up and down gravel roads so I would guess it's harder and harder for the satellite companies to keep customers so I would guess this beam has room to expand.  Even speeds as low as 1 mbps will allow streaming but with some buffering off and on so this is why Liberty really is a good change.  I hope they will be able to offer it to a lot more areas next year when they get the satellite up.

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
I live in Iowa, I think most of the state is covered by one beam.  There are a lot of good WISP providers in Iowa, and several areas with small companies and coops that have expanded FIOS even up and down gravel roads so I would guess it's harder and harder for the satellite companies to keep customers so I would guess this beam has room to expand.  Even speeds as low as 1 mbps will allow streaming but with some buffering off and on so this is why Liberty really is a good change.  I hope they will be able to offer it to a lot more areas next year when they get the satellite up.
Photo of Leslie

Leslie

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
WYoming's beam is from Riverside CA!  Augmented must mean 3rd party?  Kind of far away.  No wonder I have to power cycle every other day to get a signal good again!

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Ouch!

Augmented means you're on one of the older Wildblue service satellites, not ViaSat-1 and limited to the Exede 5 plans at last check. Riverside is simply your gateway (ground terminal). all that means is all of your traffic is going through Riverside to/from the satellite. I'm in Virgina and all of mine goes through Lovelock, NV.

ViaSat-2 can't come soon enough especially for you (or anyone else for that matter).
(Edited)

• 3241 Posts
  • 2085 Reply Likes
All beams originate from satellites 22,000 miles above the equator. There are ground based stations that connect you to the worldwide web located across the U.S. and Canada. The Augmented beams are on the older Wildblue satellites as opposed to the ViaSat1 satellite used for the Exede subscribers.
Photo of Leslie

Leslie

• 30 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I was a Wild Blue customer for 5 years before Viasat bought them out and then  I had to give up my old equipment, which I owned as a Wild Blue customer, and then pay a new installation fee and rent Viasat equipment.  If I am still on an 'augmented' old Wildblue satellite, why did I have to do that?
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2434 Posts
  • 480 Reply Likes
 Hi Leslie,  that is a excellent question. I am looking into it now. Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com
Photo of vicki bettger-marte

vicki bettger-marte

• 10 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Fannie Fae, i have exactly the same issue as you.

Think about it like this, everyone else, Exede says they don't have the resources to beam the bandwidth I need, but they are happy to let me use as many extra gigs as I want for 10$ each. SO, Exede really does have it if I pay for it..... I think you all get the point. (and yes, i understand exede is using the fee to slow down the use.. Its BS, nonetheless)

I believe exede and all satellite Internet companies should be investigated and charged with consumer fraud.

By the way, to the rest of you -- exedelistens@viasat.com doesn't respond to emails.
(Edited)
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
Well exedelistens@viasat.com always answers my emails. You do have to send all your information. Account Number-name- telephone email and information about what your problem is. I will say they have been very good with me and answered question.
Photo of Gary

Gary

• 155 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
I just got an offer from Exede to take a customer satisfaction survey. What a joke! The dumbest questions I have ever seen asked over and over again and I got a ways into it and just deleted the entire survey.

The first question should have been are you completely satisfied or completely dis-satisfied with Exede service. I could have said Dis- Satisfied and been on my way!
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi all, I can certainly understand everyone’s frustration for larger packages. As of now there is not a specific date to when additional packages will be obtainable widely. Rest assure, we are constantly looking to improve service for all our customers. I’m sure we will have additional packages in your region sometime in the near future when our new satellite is up within the next year or so. This new satellite may possibly free up more space as well to allow for new packages You’re more than welcome to continue to check http://www.exede.com/ for updates to new packages with in your area.  Thank you
(Edited)
Photo of Gary

Gary

• 155 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
Like a broken record that keeps skipping to the same track! "Rest Assured", When/If this new satellite ever does go up and IF it makes any difference it will certainly increase the prices we all pay.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.