Ever night this week I lose internet service. I get a message saying not connected to Internet server. The only way it gets fixed it reboot the modem. I should not have to do this every night. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I would think that it is more than likely that your wireless router has disconnected from your modem because it has timed out, and needs to have its IP/DCHP renewed. There should be a setting in your router that allows an unlimited time for the license, but many routers default is to renew every 24 hours.
Hi Robert, There could be several reason your service loses connectivity.We have technical support teams that are able to troubleshoot. Please call 855-463-9333 for immediate help. You can also send your account and contact information to email@example.com.
You may also want to do a reboot before you call following the instructions below and yes the order makes a difference!
1) Power-down the
computer connected to your modem.
2) Power-down the router (unplug it).
3) Power-down the modem (unplug it for 2 minutes).
4) If you have an Ethernet cable connecting your computer to the modem,
5) Make sure the Ethernet cable from the router is plugged into the back of the
*Note: Wireless routers do not require a cable connection to
the computers they support.
6) Plug in the modem.
7) Wait until all LED lights on the modem are solid