No email

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: older post

My email has not migrated to your new platform, how do I access my email and all my saved emails????
Photo of Mary E. Pancake

Mary E. Pancake

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Did you receive the notification email yet that your account has moved to the new platform? If not then you still access your email the say way you have been until they move you.
Photo of STEVE CINDYWILLIS

STEVE CINDYWILLIS

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This morning when I went to log into email, I noticed it took me to a new screen which I assume is the new platform. However, my email did not load--just the following error message:
An error occurred while initializing the webapp "com_synacor_dnd". Please notify administrator.
Photo of Cher

Cher

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same thing with me. I can still get to my mail on my iphone. I am taken to a new webmail platform and none of my mail, contacts etc are there.
Photo of JENNIFER LYVERS

JENNIFER LYVERS

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Same error message and no emails or contacts for me either. I've been waiting to live chat for almost 45 minutes now too.
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Call 1-855-466-9333 they have been handling email issues.
Photo of Becky Schilling

Becky Schilling

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Tried to call 1-855-466-9333. Does not connect. Just dead silence. Drat!
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Sorry its 1-855-463-9333
Photo of Karen Ray

Karen Ray

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hmm ... not happy this morning that all emails disappeared when we moved to the new platform. I don't recall any mention that existing emails/contacts will no longer be available. This is what we were told:

What are the changes, exactly? Your email address will stay the same, but your email view over the web browser will look different, since it will no longer be on the Google platform. You’ll need to change your mail server settings if you use your email on a smartphone or with an email client such as Outlook or Apple Mail.

As part of the migration, we will automatically switch over all of your email, contacts and calendar information to the new email platform. However, you need to save any other data you have with Google Apps prior to migration. After these dates, your Google data (other than email, contacts, and calendar) will be deleted and unrecoverable.

What’s staying the same:
Your wildblue.net or exede.net email address The login location for your account: exede.net or wildblue.net
Your password Your emails, drafts and email folders will all be copied over to the new email platform
Your contacts Your calendar information
Photo of TONY JOHNSON

TONY JOHNSON

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same here! Absolutely unacceptable!! All recent correspondence, business and personal, is GONE. Do not have time to call and wait and wait and wait, we need help and a solution right now.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2408 Posts
  • 474 Reply Likes
This is a known issue related to last night's email migration. We have escalated this and our team is currently fixing the issue. Once fixed your emails will re-appear
Photo of TONY JOHNSON

TONY JOHNSON

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That's good to know!  Up to this point we didn't think that we were connected to any of Google's services. Still not sure, but investigating.  Thank you!
Photo of TONY JOHNSON

TONY JOHNSON

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Right now the only emails showing are some old ones from 2013.  ???
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3518 Posts
  • 1320 Reply Likes
are you using outlook Tony? if so and you're getting a ton of old emails, you can go into the website for your email and change the mail preferences to only download new messages. Some Outlook accounts for customers were downloading thousands of old emails. Yikes!
Photo of Leo

Leo

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You need to switch to IMAP. Check this post. It has all the information you'll need to set up mail on Outlook and others.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.