New User to EXEDE, Love the Service but Have Some Issues

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Question answered. Email provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

Hey Guys,

Been spoiled many years living in NYC with cable but recently moved to Upstate NY by choice but got duped by Time Warner and wasn't able to get their service due to being less than a mile away from their nearest line.

I been using Exede since May now and can't really complain, maybe just a bit on bandwidth limitation but I understand why it's there.

The only issue I have is a lot of downtime. I had locale techs come out few times, touch a few things and say it's good now but a few weeks later it starts acting up again. I had internet while I started writing this post but right now it has gone down again. It starts to sync again, then gets to Ranged, then Network Entry , and then DHCP, and finally Software Download and it just resets and keeps doing it. Sometimes it connects and I;m able to get only for a short time.

Some stats from the modem while not having a connection

Rx Power: -48.6 dBm
Rx SNR: 3.5 dB
ODU Telemetry status:
Active
Cable Resistance: 1.0 Ohms
Cable Attenuation 2.0 dB

( I notice this Cable Attenuation 3.4 dB goes up and down a lot while trying to connect, if that means anything, It gets to about 5db)

Transmitted Packets 52,759 Transmitted Bytes 6,911,450
Received Packets 32,977 Received Bytes 7,381,859
Loss of Sync Count 52

Tx IF Power: -33.8dBm
Tx RF Power: 21.9dBm
Temperature: 30 °C

Can anyone help or maybe suggest something. Could my installation be bad? I have directv and no issues with that in my location. Can the techs check my connection from your location?
It’s not raining right now or any big clouds.
Photo of Nihad M

Nihad M

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Nihad M

Nihad M

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'm now online but I don't think it will last. 230am here now
Photo of Loree Hill

Loree Hill

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey @Exede first release/renew of the day only 2 more to go at any random time during the day #especiallyduringfreedatausagehours
Photo of Nihad M

Nihad M

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
My happiness is gone, 240 and i lose my connection. Just as I started doing some work. I work from home full time and the internet is my business and me being off is bad. Hopefully I can get some suggestions from you guys.
Photo of Loree Hill

Loree Hill

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey @Exede first release/renew of the day only 2 more to go at any random time during the day #especiallyduringfreedatausagehours
Photo of Nihad M

Nihad M

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
lol, 242 and I'm back online. I guess you get the point. Just wanted to update you guys live as this happened lol. Thanks for your help
Photo of Loree Hill

Loree Hill

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Nihad M

Nihad M

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
lol, 242 and I'm back online. I guess you get the point. Just wanted to update you guys live as this happened. Thanks for your help. Before I even got to post this, I lost connection. Now it’s 245 and attempting to post this.
Photo of Nihad M

Nihad M

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I did a speed check while online and very happy with speeds. I just need to be able to stay online.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/29...
http://www.speedtest.net/result/29504...
Photo of Loree Hill

Loree Hill

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Loree Hill

Loree Hill

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
and this post is 10months later

Photo of Nihad M

Nihad M

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Update before I go to sleep. Online Time 000:02:21:03 =) which is a great thing and I was able to do a lot of work.

I just hope the techs can maybe see something from all my information posted or on their servers if we can maybe reposition my dish or something to get more stable connection.

Exede has been great so far!
Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Nihad, 
Have you contacted our Technical Care team for assistance with this? There is information we can from our end to help determine what assistance you will need to solve your intermittent connectivity (whether it be troubleshooting or a service call.) Remember, we do guarantee the installation of our service and  provide all customers with complimentary service calls for the first 90 days of service if needed to fix any issues you have. 
You can contact Technical at 866-945-3258 option 2. Also, if you will, please post back here if we are able to resolve your issues to help other community members understand how to fix similar issues. Thanks, enjoy your weekend!
Photo of Loree Hill

Loree Hill

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Nihad M

Nihad M

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I spoke to the local distributor that installed it and they told me the same thing that I need to submit a ticket and they will be here as soon as they can to check it out.

Guess I have to call, I would love to be able to submit a ticket via a form or website. Cell reception up here is horrible and when I talk to you guys for some reason all I hear is bad static. When the computer comes on it's clear but when tech comes out completely goes bad.

Is it possible to submit ticket by email if I can't call?
Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I am sorry to hear that. However, to better assist all customers with troubleshooting and service call needs, we do need to speak to you over the phone regarding this. However, you can always shoot me an email at exedelistens@viasat.com with your phone number to the account and I can look to see if it's something we can fix from my end. Thanks again.
Photo of Loree Hill

Loree Hill

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Loree Hill,
If there is something we can assist you with, please let us know. Send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information and a brief description of your issue and I will be glad to help out.Thanks.
ExedeCrystal
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
It sounds like the modem is getting stuck in the software download loop. Mine has done that twice (in 4 years). Simply unplug it form the wall then unplug the Ethernet cable that goes to the router ot computer. Wait at least 3 minutes (I wait 5) then plug the power ONLY in and wait for the modem to aquire signal (all but bottom light lit and behaving normally), then connect the Ethernet cable.

That stops the loop with mine and gets it connected properly again.

If that doesn't work, there may indeed be a problem with the modem or your installation and, it would be worth a call out to have a local dealer check both for you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.