New Customer Portal

• Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Praise acknowledged. Question answered. Email provided for assistance. No need for further response at current time.

The new customer portal is here!!!  BUT....you have to create a new login.  This is done by going to my.exede.net and then clicking on New User.  The first thing you will need is either your account number or the MAC address of the modem.  The MAC address is easier to find since it is on a decal on the bottom of the modem.  Enter that in exactly as on decal 00:A0:BC:XX:XX:XX, please note they are numeric zeros's and not alphabet O's.  Next enter the phone number or email that is associated with your account.  

Then just follow the rest of the steps to create a new user login and password.  The new user portal interface is so much easier to use and has everything on one desktop including your current usage and billing.  No more double logins!  Kudos to the team that redesigned this!

This is a start of great things to come for our customers!

David R Varner is an Elite Dealer for Exede High Speed Satellite Internet and a member of the Dealer Advisory Council to ViaSat and not an employee.  We work on your behalf to make this company and product even better!  Lake Country Satellite www.lakecountrysat.com
Photo of Lake Country Satellite

Lake Country Satellite

• 140 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3163 Posts
  • 2034 Reply Likes
It would have been so much better if the new meter would show more detail about usage, like usage by the hour, and upload and download data.  Also missing is the LNFZ indicator that we have been asking for since its inception, to show if the free zone has actually kicked in.  It only is active intermittently and not really EVERY night, and for those of us  not DAPPED we don't know that it really didn't kick in until the next day when we see a big jump in our data usage.  The free zone is a big advantage to go with Exede, but to date it can't be relied on to actually be working.  It would seem the indicator as to whether it is active or not would not be that big of a deal to add to the meter.
Photo of Lake Country Satellite

Lake Country Satellite

• 140 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
I agree 100%  as a dealer I can see that information for our customers and provide it to them upon request.  It would make my job easier to just provide that data to our customers on their dashboard.  Keep in mind this is a first step.  I do believe that eventually you will see this information as well.  I am pushing for it on your behalf!

But compared to our last dealer portal..Flinstone's to Jetson's!
Photo of Bsweep

Bsweep

• 102 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes
OK, I created a new customer log on. I can manually enter the user name and password in Windows 7 but if I try to use my password management program (LastPass) I get an error. It used to work on the old customer portal. 

Also, I can't get it to work at all with Google Chrome. It used to work on the old Customer Portal.  

How do you change passwords. I can't find anywhere on the new Customer Portal site where that can be done. I figure if I have to manually enter it I need to shorten the password for convenience. 
Photo of Bsweep

Bsweep

• 102 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes

I found where to change the password.

I also got LastPass to auto logon in Windows 7.

I cannot get Google Chrome to work. If anybody else is using Chrome and it is working well please let me know so I can troubleshoot.

Photo of Lawman

Lawman

• 34 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I use Google Chrome and it does not work for me either..I can still view the info by going through the old site

• 3163 Posts
  • 2034 Reply Likes
I use Google Chrome, it works fine if you do not try to use the "Save Password" option in Chrome.  I tried using that, and after the first signon, all subsequent attempts ended in that "SalesForce" screen. In the tab, it says "subscription documents failed".  After I went into Google settings and disabled the saved password, I can signon with no problem, but I need to put in my password each time.  I think that Exede is using additional security measures on the new portal.
Photo of Bsweep

Bsweep

• 102 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes

Ah, exact same "Salesforce" screen I'm getting. I'm not using the save password function so it must have something to do with LastPass password management program that I use. I'll double check the setting.

Thanks!

Photo of Lawman

Lawman

• 34 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Same for me but I don't know how to fix it..
Photo of Bsweep

Bsweep

• 102 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes

Checked all settings and shut down all extensions and still no luck. It just dawned on me that Chrome is not my default browser. Wonder if that could be a problem?

Photo of Bsweep

Bsweep

• 102 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes
Hey! I changed Chrome to be my default browser and it worked. I can now logon in Chrome.
Photo of Lawman

Lawman

• 34 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
How do I make Chrome my default browser?

• 3163 Posts
  • 2034 Reply Likes
Go into "Settings" then scroll down to "Default Browser" and click on "Make Chrome my Default Browser".  You will find "Settings" by clicking on the 3 lined icon in the upper right corner of your screen just under the red "X" used to close the browser.
Photo of Lawman

Lawman

• 34 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Got it!   thanks..
Photo of coonhnd

coonhnd

• 33 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Been waiting a long time for this. I agree with those that the meter could be more detailed.
Photo of Tom

Tom

• 20 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
OK, I have registered on the new website and all works fine on the new website. However, when I click on the link to connect to my email (wildblue.net), my new user name and password will not work. I have to revert to my old sign on. I thought this was not supposed to be the case.

• 3163 Posts
  • 2034 Reply Likes
You must use your old email signin and password, the portal does not have anything to do with your email.
Photo of Tom

Tom

• 20 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks, that is what I had to do.
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I too, am having problems signing into it. I can go to login help and answer the questions, then go thru the change password screen ( same password as before) then log in and goes right to the sight. It seems like it is not saving my password at all.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
To All Customers,

Please try the following if you are having issues with logging into the new MyExede Customer Portal:

1. Clear cache/cookies, close out all browser windows.
  2. Re-open browser and type my.exede.net directly in the
    browser's address bar.
  3. Do not use Favorites or Bookmarks to access the site.
If you are still having issues, please send us an email to exedelistens@viasat.com.  Thanks.
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Why can`t I save in favorites and access?

Photo of Billy Hearnsberger

Billy Hearnsberger

• 59 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
This seems to have worked..Thanks!

• 3163 Posts
  • 2034 Reply Likes
I have it saved as a Favorite, the "saved password" thing is the problem
Photo of Billy Hearnsberger

Billy Hearnsberger

• 59 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
yup...Mine stopped working
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 38 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I save the login site today and I have been able to access my account page with no problems. I just checked it a few minutes ago. The other day I did disable saving the password for this login site on Google Chrome yet when it boots up my bookmarked page, my user name and password is still there. I click submit and it goes right to my dashboard showing usage.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.