New to viasat. Worst customer service I've ever encountered

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
Was told by customer service we were getting the unlimited plan. 8 days later our service was disconnected with no bill. Called customer service, they acknowledged it was their mistake, gave us 24 hours to pay. Of course we did. 5 days later the service wouldn't work. Called customer service, they said we had reached our data limit. Are you kidding??? Upgraded to another "unlimited" package. 2 days later,same crap. Upgraded to the mother of unlimited so they said...4 days later disconnected with no bill whatsoever, paper or paperless. Still haven't had for 30 days . Our public service commissioner is chomping at the bit for our official complaint. Apparently he's building a case against what seems to be a bogus company. I've emailed 2 times to corporate for a call back...nothing. I guess the next step is the official complaint.
Photo of Nick Wood

Nick Wood

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • taken advantage of

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Nick Wood

Nick Wood

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why would I troll a horrible internet company? I don't have that kind of free time
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 658 Posts
  • 620 Reply Likes
Ignore WayneA, if only for your own sanity.
(Edited)
Photo of Nick Wood

Nick Wood

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the heads up
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 658 Posts
  • 620 Reply Likes
And just like that he's gone - hopefully the permanent ban hammer has been deployed ;)
(Edited)
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 727 Posts
  • 320 Reply Likes
Looks like only a post was deleted Robin still lives.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 727 Posts
  • 320 Reply Likes
What plan are you on Nick? I know Viasat doesn't cut residential people off, but they will throttle them if they go over their priority data and for some people that can make the service almost unusable. If you have never used internet like satellite and cell wireless that have low priority data limits before I am afraid you are in for a rude awakening. We need some background if you are willing to try to live with satellite internet.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1293 Reply Likes
Best of luck to you Nick.

What did you have before Viasat?

Why did you get Viasat?

First time on satellite internet?
Photo of Nick Wood

Nick Wood

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We had a service that isn't available where we moved to. Maxxsouth.
The new package is supposedly the biggest residential package they offer
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2161 Posts
  • 1254 Reply Likes
Viasat is not designed for cord cutting. If you are using it for your primary source of video, you need to install Dish or DirecTV.

You might have their best plan Viasat offers (and it indeed is very expensive), but even the best cant support two Smart TV's streaming a lot of content for 30 days
Photo of Nick Wood

Nick Wood

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Its almost 200 dollars a month. At home we literally have 2 smart TVs. That's it .
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 727 Posts
  • 320 Reply Likes
How much did they say you used and in what period? If you are streaming high definition it will eat up data fast. Seems like you just got throttled, not totally cut off. You may have to add satellite TV and take a cheaper Viasat plan and just use Viasat for internet surfing. Looks like Maxxsouth had fiber optic plans, looks like you went from the penthouse to the outhouse, my friend.
(Edited)