New to Viasat and not happy Part 2

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
I posted a few weeks ago about the horrible service, horrible speed and horrible people at Viasat. I wanted to come back follow up on my post but I see someone closed it so nobody can reply any longer.. What kind of crap is that? 

Well after being told the installers would be here between 8am-11am and not showing up with a no call no show until we called to inquire where the tech was. They told us someone called us and let us know they were running behind.. lies! 

So around 1:30pm I get a call from an unknown number and I decided to answer. It was Viasat letting me know their techs wouldn't be here until 2pm-5pm now. I told the person on the phone whatever and hung up.  

Not even 5 minutes later there is a knock on my door and guess who it is, that's right the techs that wouldn't be here until between 2-5. I told them what the person said and his response.. I don't know why they would tell you that? 

Anyway, they brought the Spock modem and a new head for the dish. Installed and pointed me at Viasat 2 and now I actually have working wifi and an actual internet connection. 

First speed test showed 57mb down and .5mb up.. So I am somewhat happy at this time! 

To answer the questions, I didn't go with DSL due to it being Frontier and it's always down in my area and I have no cell signal even on Verizon so the Mifi wouldn't work for us. This is why I chose Viasat. 
Photo of Biggd

Biggd

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 528 Posts
  • 146 Reply Likes
Sad to say, but your happiness will be short-lived. I don’t know what plan you are on, but in a few days once the data cap is reached, your speeds will be MUCH less than what you posted here.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1772 Posts
  • 1024 Reply Likes

If on a high density Viasat-2 beam you might be okay.  In some areas Viasat can be better than other ISP's.  That's not the case where I live.  But when it comes to satellite internet, it all depends on location, location, and location.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2834 Posts
  • 1470 Reply Likes
What happens when you try to play Duke Nukem on your computer?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1772 Posts
  • 1024 Reply Likes
Well this thread is going to be shutdown, and none too soon.
(Edited)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2321 Posts
  • 1419 Reply Likes
No doubt.  But when someone starts with me for absolutely no reason I'm going to respond.   There was no call for his comment.  

With that said, I apologize to any in this thread that may have been offended by my posts.  
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 537 Reply Likes
Gabe, there was nothing offensive in any of your posts. I think he's just frustrated with Viasat and unfortunately took it out on you.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 528 Posts
  • 146 Reply Likes
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 388 Posts
  • 343 Reply Likes
Well at least we should all be able to agree with Voyager's post above - enough said!
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.