new plans on my beam today

• Praise
  • Updated 5 days ago
No speed boost or Wi-F- modem.  Priority data at 40, 60, and 100 gigs.  But there still is a Liberty Plan.

Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1281 Posts
  • 980 Reply Likes

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 1206 Posts
  • 578 Reply Likes
Nothing new in my area. In fact, unlimited isn't even available in my area at this time.
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 139 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Beam 329 - I have the same new plans. Not tempted.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1264 Posts
  • 963 Reply Likes
I'm on Beam 310.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 1198 Posts
  • 577 Reply Likes
I'm on beam 320. It is a famous one...but not in a good way.
Photo of James Billinger

James Billinger

• 103 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Is it just me or are they offering worse plans in over crowded beam and offer better plans on less crowed beam
Photo of Ronald Stricklin

Ronald Stricklin

• 26 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
it depends on how you define better.
Photo of Shawn Willmon

Shawn Willmon

• 28 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
ive been waiting 3 months for this? i was certainly hoping for something better than what i have now, i have crappy att dsl with only 6mbs speed which gets me hd and pretty much unlimited data for 60/mo, even if viasat offered 100mbs "unlimited" in my area i would end up throttled to my current speed for probably 100+ a month more. i will continue to monitor the forum till i see the official release from a moderator and a change on offerings in my zip code which are still only 5mbs limited data for ridiculous prices.
Photo of steve heller

steve heller

• 73 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
If your DSL is reliable, I would keep it. Any wired broadband connection, assuming only that it is reliable, is almost always preferable to any satellite connection.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1277 Posts
  • 976 Reply Likes
6mbs DSL sounds like a keeper to me.  I would stand pat.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 2843 Posts
  • 2787 Reply Likes
Calm down, it's likely just leading up to the rollout of actual Viasat-2 plans - none of those shown here suggest that they are on Viasat-2. Wait for it... and although I see none of it here, past history suggests beware wizards bearing plans ;)    
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice

• 1015 Posts
  • 448 Reply Likes
That Liberty 12 plan is the best deal if you are responsible enough to manage your own traffic. I downloaded 300 GB one month on Liberty 12.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 2843 Posts
  • 2787 Reply Likes
Glad to see they've made it clear what the blue arrow  means..

Before we were left with a muliple choice:

1.  Up To
  2. Tandem Bicycle
  3. Blackhawk Down?
  4. It's a skateboard.
(Edited)
Photo of TheCatWillStrike

TheCatWillStrike

• 43 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I have these plans available as well. It's just like Liberty Plans with a twist. Unlimited Data and Lower Video Quality. I have freedom, but I wonder how it feels to be depriotized. I would like to pay $50 less.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2609 Posts
  • 814 Reply Likes
Freedom might be better because like the first test plans once you go over a certain level you may be deprioritized. If you stream you'll also have a resolution limit.
Photo of TheCatWillStrike

TheCatWillStrike

• 43 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Thanks for letting me know. I'll stick with freedom. Plus we have not hit our cap once and we do a lot of streaming.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 1203 Posts
  • 578 Reply Likes
I love my Freedom Plan. But I don't come close to the cap.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1281 Posts
  • 977 Reply Likes
I've never come close to 150gb on my Freedom Plan in the 2 years we have had it.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 175 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
I was looking at the possibility of changing providers to ViaSat, but all I have available are four plans that aren't worth it.  Neither in speed, nor data.  :(   

Maybe in a couple of years when ViaSat 3 is up and running.  

I love living in the sticks, but the lack of decent internet is becoming more and more frustrating as time goes on.  I mistakenly got my hopes up with NY's broadband initiative.  It turns out that what was touted to be ground based service in my area has now been relegated to what I already have.  What a bummer.  
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 2802 Posts
  • 2760 Reply Likes
Check later - as early as today, as early as this week, or as early as next  - those are all synonymous with later in our world and you'll need to learn the lingo ;)

Viasat-2 plans will be rolling out region by region soon (also synonymous with all of the above)
(Edited)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 175 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
And just like that, they're there!  LOL.  Bronze, Silver and Gold Unlimited plans, though they are all 12Mbps.  But, really, what can't I do at 12MB that I can do at a higher speed?   I'm being respectful of being on a ViaSat board so I'm not posting the specifics of what I currently have.    

Well, I've got another year of my contract to ride out with what I have, and in that time I may see better service, or I may sign up for this.  I do realize that in that time plans could disappear if enough people sign up, and I'll just have to deal with that.  But, it's only a year.  Who'd a thunk?  An unlimited* sat service.    
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 480 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
GabeU, plans are still rolling out by area.  Keep an eye on the plans over the next few weeks!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 175 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
I'll keep checking every now and again, and probably will occasionally over the next year, too.  Really, the three unlimited plans already showing are decent.  Having a higher speed than what's already offered in the plans shown isn't really a concern for me, as like I said, there's really nothing I can do with a higher speed that I can't already do with the 12Mbps plans shown.  Well, save for streaming in Ultra HD, but I don't have the equipment to view it, anyway, nor would I want to burn through so much data at a given time.  Thanks for the info, though.   
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1261 Posts
  • 959 Reply Likes
That would be sweet if we could snag ourselves the rare and elusive GabeU.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 61 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
The plans listed by the OP are new Viasat 1 plans, not Viasat 2. I'm guessing all beams will be offered a real upgrade in the next month or so.