New idea for Viasat!

• Idea
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Not Planned
It was pointed out to me that if Viasat can convince me to give up my 30Mbps 150GB Gold Unlimited Plan and go back to the 12Mbps Liberty Plan, they would be free to sell TWO MORE 50GB Liberty Plans!!  So Viasat, MAKE ME AN OFFER!!  Give me a FREE year of Liberty 50 and you can have your bandwidth back!!!!
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 649 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1329 Posts
  • 435 Reply Likes
Or......

They can just throttle you down till you tap.

Doubt they’ll make a counter offer.
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 649 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
I honestly don't either, but....maybe they should use BOTH the carrot and the stick!!
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1329 Posts
  • 435 Reply Likes
Nah. Just the stick will do it. Your reward is speeds still faster than dialup as promised.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
It just shows how ridiculous these plan changes are. Some customers have to downgrade to get better speeds.

In what world does that make any sense to the consumer.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1329 Posts
  • 435 Reply Likes
The Twilight Zone. Que the music.
Photo of Sophie Mae

Sophie Mae

• 77 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
It's a downgrade for us - but an upgrade for them.

For the same amount of money that I pay now, I get less data. But I can have up to just shy of half* my download speed back. 

Niiiice.

*Not that I regularly got 25 mbps before deprioritization of my plan, but you get what I'm saying... 
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
why would anyone want to sub to the Silver 25 or Gold 30 since your never going to get over 12 mbps anyway? Since I am on the 25/150 if just like with these new plans I am getting prioritized data but they cant get my speeds anywhere near even the Bronze 12???