How to get in touch with Exede for service?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I have a friend that is interested in your internet service. How can he get in touch with you?
Photo of Candy Sullivan

Candy Sullivan

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Larry Byars

Larry Byars

• 41 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
where are you located I can help you find a local dealer.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3083 Posts
  • 1294 Reply Likes
Or you can go to http://www.exede.com/

There you can see what packages are available in your area and, find a local dealer. You can also use the package selector tool there to help you choose a package that will best meet your data requirements based on your usage habits.
Photo of Larry Byars

Larry Byars

• 41 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I am a dealer and an installing tech. I have had the service for 10 years and  a happy with the service, I do have other options in my area with DSL that is not as reliable. There are hundreds of different things that can cause satellite service to have slow and inconsistent speeds and losing connections. Exede has always been able to fix any problems for me that was outside needing a service call, Sometimes it takes time to find the problem.(needle in a hay stack)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3083 Posts
  • 1294 Reply Likes
I agree Larry, I've had the service for 10 years as well and, especially since Exede came along, it has proven as reliable if not more so than the DSL my granddaughter has in town.

I have never had an issue that required a service call other than when my stepson accidentally felled a tree on my dish. I did have the cable moved to the other side of the house and, asked for a check up on all of my equipment at that time, but it was working fine before and after the move.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3144 Posts
  • 1116 Reply Likes
Hi Candy it looks like you are pointed in the correct direction. Having your friend go to exede.com and plugging in their zip code, they'll be able to see what's in the area, pricing and even a local dealer! Thanks for checking in!
Photo of uffe.waldero@gmail.com

uffe.waldero@gmail.com

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So far I've been really disappointed at this company. Before you order anything from them, make sure they can deliver a price plan with flat rate (I wasn't offered that, and they didn't tell me this before the dish was on the roof). So check out for example the company Xfinity instead.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3144 Posts
  • 1116 Reply Likes
If you're in an area where Xfinity (Comcast) is available, satellite internet should not be sold or subscribed to. Satellite internet is focused on areas where high speed cable or DSL is not available, such as rural areas that those companies cannot or will not extend to due to the costs of doing so and the number of (or lack of) potential subscribers to justify the expansion.  It's more for you if that's not an option. 

uffe.waldero@gmail.com

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well thank you for that information. However satellite internet was sold to me. I canceled that service immediately when I saw what I got. Still I'm forced to pay the bill to Exced on $101.71. Since you agree that the satellite internet shouldn't have been sold, then someone obviously did something wrong, so it would be nice if you can pay me this money back. 
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3083 Posts
  • 1294 Reply Likes
As far as I know, the price is a flat price for whichever package you choose. Then you might have Voice, a WiFi Modem, Easy care added on, plus the equipment lease fee which is also fixed, then applicable taxes for where you live.

If you want a flat EVEN number price, like say 100.00 per moth all taxes, fees, etc... included then that's hard, if not impossible to find for ANY service like phone, internet, cable etc... My Exede bill is the same every month unless I choose to buy more data or, make changes to my plan, add services or something. It IS a flat rate plan.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3144 Posts
  • 1116 Reply Likes
You're more than welcome to email us at exedelistens@viasat.com

uffe.waldero@gmail.com

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I will in a few minutes