New and Different Problems Now Showing for Me on Beam 329 - Anyone Else?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: tired

It seemed like they had things worked out and doing well about the end February and it seemed like everything was humming along quite nicely.  I had have a share of my issues (See the posted about my experience with Exede Easy Care on Beam 329) that pertain to equipment or something that I am hoping will be corrected as of this coming Monday.   That being said, both yesterday and today - particularly starting in the mid-afternoon my service has gone to horrible.  Experience loss of packets, page load problems, even small streaming items not working all that well.

Now yes I am on Liberty Pass and I understand and know what that is like.  That being said, I also know of at least two others that started to have problems around the same time I did yesterday and whose service was corrected about the same time I did yesterday so I do not think this is due to being on the Liberty Pass, nor do I believe it is due to the other issues I am experience as the other two users I know of did not have any equipment problems to my knowledge.

So here it is around 6:00 PM and Packet Loss and Throughput indicators are Red (checked as I noted performance - and by that I mean the way pages were working and loading - was not normal even for being on the Liberty Pass.

So I spoke to someone who seemed to indicate that it may be (and by may be, it seems that the indication was very much an indication or actually is) likely Exede is doing some upgrades and work on the system somewhere that is causing these problems.

So to make this shorter than my normal posts.

If you are on Beam 329 and sign into the MyEsvt site, do you see indications of problems or is it just me?

Are you experiencing problems this evening (and yesterday) with the service in the 329 Beam?

Has anyone called support and gotten any confirmation that there is work being performed or other problems?

Love to hear back from you. 

Screenshot for your viewing pleasure (note this only started both yesterday and today in the evenings):

Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of G. Costanza

G. Costanza

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Oh i'm rippin now after that re boot. 1988 all over again.

Photo of G. Costanza

G. Costanza

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
So my priority is reset today. Speed is at 6mps down at 6am. Normally at this off peak time its 12-20 mps on priority. This is what the usage tool says:
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 273 Posts
  • 85 Reply Likes
And just minutes away from you, this is my eSVT. Using the eSVT tool I could not run the speed test, but running speedtest.net on my browser, results below.

Photo of G. Costanza

G. Costanza

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Wow you're smokin. Thats the way mine used to be. I had to do a chat with them this morning to get everything reset. Everything cleared except i'm still showing congestion and speed is still way slower than it should be. Thx for info
Photo of Johnny

Johnny

• 25 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I am on the Liberty Pass and this is what I am seeing this morning. I have restarted my equipment so much since Friday I have lost count. My congestion and service plan settings light has been red all weekend. Speeds are slow all the time if usable.
(Edited)
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 273 Posts
  • 85 Reply Likes
G. Costanza - Sorry about that. I thought your post was from Brian. I am in central VA.
Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 341 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
I am on Liberty pass and I was seeing 3 meg plus downloads this morning. My account and service plan settings are red as well.
Photo of G. Costanza

G. Costanza

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Johnny, i had to get on chat with them this morning to get that service settings fault cleared. But it didnt help cause i'm getting 3mps down on priority data right now.
Photo of Johnny

Johnny

• 25 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I contacted them on Friday and they added 1gb or priority data. Is this what they did for you? They did advise they are having a problem with beam 329 but don't know when it will be fixed. It seams like every time I do a reboot I get a different red light along with the other two that have been red all weekend. I just wish someone could provide us with a update on status of the fix.

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
Johnny -

If you want an update you are going to have to request someone who knows what is actually going on to call you. I would have thought this thread would be sufficient to get updates to the problem ( if indeed the problems are the cause of the slow speeds and not DAP enforcement).

G - You need to call in again if your speeds are that slow.

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
Update: Didn't end up using the internet too much last night but I did check speeds after midnight and they were definitely working great. I was seeing 16.25 Mbps down and 5.4 Mbps up.

Any Liberty Pass users seeing a difference last night? I am really curious as to what prime time speeds end up being for Pass users the next few nights.

Exede: Any update on the work being done in Beam 329?
Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
I'll check again tonight.
Weekday Liberty Pass speeds are running about right for Beam 329:
Mon May 09 2016 @ 11:09:24 am 4.52 Mbps
Photo of Johnny

Johnny

• 25 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I am on the Liberty Pass and this is what I am currently seeing for speed. Yes I know it is not fast but compared to not being able to use the Internet during the last two weeks at this time, I will take it.

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
Now the question is will it last and be reliable the rest of the evening. Let us know! I really want to be on the Pass , but cannot be without access in the evenings.
Photo of Johnny

Johnny

• 25 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Speeds now, I hope this continues!!
(Edited)

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
And how are web pages doing? Any timeouts or other problems? I really want to move my plan back to what it was but want to wait until I see a week or two of consistent results before I take that step.

Please keep us updated over the next few days. Of course when I go to switch around again the plan I want probably won't be available any more....
Photo of Johnny

Johnny

• 25 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
At this point I have not seen any timeouts. Web pages are slow loading but are still loading all at once (if that makes sense). We have even be able to watch a short video on YouTube. I will try and update again around the same time tomorrow.

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
Thanks! I do appreciate the efforts. I have all but given up on the Liberty Plan but if things stay good this week I may consider switching back to it. Now we just need JEP to chime in and see how his connection is doing.
Photo of Johnny

Johnny

• 25 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
This is what speed I am seeing tonight. The 1.96 is down.
(Edited)

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
Johnny - are you on 329 too? You saw good service yesterday while JEP did not. I tried to look back through but on my cell at the moment not the fastest.
Photo of Johnny

Johnny

• 25 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes I am on 329. What did Jep see last night?

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
Timeouts and the same slow speeds I was seeing before I switched up until I switched to a different plan.

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
I really, really, really want to switch back to Liberty but I need some more assurance that the speeds are indeed back to usable. I am supposing that based on my chat there may be times it works better than others. I just found it odd that you seemed to be working fine last night when others were not. Might be related to the carrier you landed on last time your modem restarted.
Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
Erratic performance tonight on Beam 329 in Liberty Pass.
Loooong pauses with no activity.  Modem has all four lights on solid for several seconds at a time.  I can get a quick burst on the testmy speed test of 2.5 Mbps if it doesn't stall out.
And this is new:

Disconnected but still able to use the Internet somewhat.  DNS timeouts, page load failures, etc.  Guess I'll have to start watching my usage better on the next cycle.

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
Those are the same symptoms I was seeing as well. So it looks like Johnny is the exception rather than the rule on performance on the Pass now.

Thank you JEP for the follow up.
Photo of Johnny

Johnny

• 25 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Speeds really slowed down last night around 10pm. I did not do a speed test but some of the pages did not load. Also I noticed something different this morning. At 6:12am I did a speed test and got 15.24 down and 4.76 up. Around 6:30am I noticed my modem restarted and speeds slowed down to 1.59 down and 4.29 up. I am on the liberty pass and have not seen speeds above 5 or 6 since 4/21. Has anybody else experienced?
Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
Liberty Pass speeds returned to normal this morning after several dismal nights:
Thu May 12 2016 @ 6:12:18 am 5.38 Mbps

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
I have seen that a few times in the morning around the same time in the Pass. Last Wednesday speeds were typically better earlier in the day vs the evening as well. Might just be related to the usage patterns.

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
A sign of the things to come perhaps.  So based on the fact that the website no longer says Liberty when new users search for service, I am thinking that Exede is maxed out and is trying to squeeze every drop of capacity out of our area that can be had.

It used to say Exede service is available but you had to call a dealer to get the service.  I can still switch back to a Liberty Plan currently, but I foresee that not lasting very long.  I am guess the "problems" that some were told were being worked have "been resolved" now?

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Yeah, my area is still offering Liberty at 12mbps but, classics are available for me if I want to change plans and, for a while they weren't.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.