Never took new address

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
Well this is wonderful, just called customer service to disconnect service and have box shipped to return equipment. After expressing why I was going to cancel service was disconnected and the agent hung up now THE AGENT NEVER TOOK THE NEW ADDRESS AS TO WHERE TO SEND BOX BY UPS! HE KNEW FULL WELL THAT I HAD MOVED BECAUSE I TOLD HIM SEVERAL TIMES. This is an example of why I'm leaving viasat... extremely poor customer service and at least unethical business practice . I immediately called back and low and behold now I have a 30 min wait to speak with agent....no sorry I have wasted enough time...so unless I'm contacted by vista they will be sending box to the wrong address...I'm done...see ya...bye!
Photo of Stan N Dorothy

Stan N Dorothy

• 26 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
  • beyond frusterated

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 354 Posts
  • 142 Reply Likes
Didn't they stop using call centers and bring all customer service back under the Viasat roof? Even though part of that roof was supposedly south of the border? As for the OP, glad you have an alternative, many don't and are stuck with satellite.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1021 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
Stan, 

Send us your account info and new email, we'll make sure the box gets sent to the right place!
viasatlistens@viasat.com
Photo of Ron D Stricklin

Ron D Stricklin

• 81 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
You should really call them back Stan. Bad customer service doesn't get better simply because you can spell it all out to them.
Photo of Stan N Dorothy

Stan N Dorothy

• 26 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I called them back and was told their system was down my info and number was given to supervisor and told they will call me.....yeah..right ..that was 2 days ago..what a joke
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1589 Posts
  • 931 Reply Likes
I wouldn't hold my breath.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 354 Posts
  • 142 Reply Likes
I don't think Viasat has the market cornered on bad customer service. I think bad customer service is the norm these days. Especially ones that go out of their way to keep you from talking to a live human at all costs. Sometimes you need to talk to a live human and not one reading off a script in a 3rd world country.
Photo of Tom

Tom

• 20 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Sounds familiar, but you should contact Matt B as suggested. Otherwise a month from now you will be hit with a charge for non return of equipment.