Unhappy with service

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: post

what an absolutely horrible excuse for an internet provider.
ive been with this "company" for less than one billing cycle, and ive had the tech out here going on 4 times, had the router replaced, been on hold for an accumulated total of about 2 hours, i told the CSR once i wanted to talk to someone to complain..she said i would have to use the internet to send an email..!!????!! i said that would be fine IF IT WAS WORKING?? my internet is off for half of the day most days. the new router is out all the time. they've tried to placate me with a free month and 10$ a month reduced from my bill for 12 months..but what difference does that make when im BEING CHARGED FOR INTERNET THAT I CANT USE!! i am so completely sick of this..i would quit and just pay their early disconnect fee, but i live in a rural area and have little choice. its bad enough that they rape their customers with these artificial data caps. my previous provider was wireless broadband, provided me with 250 gigs a month for what im paying these crooks for 30 gigs. its utter and complete crap, but that company decided to close up...and not because they went broke providing too much data either, so that leaves me stuck here.. so...why post? why not just leave the service? because...someone needs to hear what ive gone through, and completely expect to endure for the next 2 years..unless an alternative presents itself...and because i need internet..just like most people in this world do now....school and work and things that are necessary to every day life....sure, i realize that many of you "off grid hermits" have this service and are just tickled pink that you can get an email out in the woods..and good for you..im glad YOU are happy...but i am not....anyways.....back to waiting for the tech guy to show up...he'll be here day after tomorrow.
Photo of ted

ted

• 6 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • enraged

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Cut these folks here some slack, They will help you far more that someone ~ somewhere on the end of the phone line. Give these guys a chance, they really helped me.
Photo of ted

ted

• 6 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
good for you. im glad your happy. but that changes nothing for me. i signed a 2 year contract with these people. i expect to get what im paying for. ive cut them plenty of slack. who are you anyways? do you work for viasat as damage control?
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Ted, People on the forums can help you but you need to provide more information. Go to 19.168.100.1 and post what you see as a start. A screen shot is best. Also visit the other Exede Users forum by clicking here. That forum is easier to navigate and provides for private messaging. Some of the more informed users use only that forum and generally you will be able to get better help there. For the most part unhappy customers either did not do their homework before purchasing, were misled by salespeople, or got a bad installation.
Photo of Mary Rogers

Mary Rogers

• 18 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
I understand your pain.  I finally moved just so I could get decent internet service.  I paid $200 a month for service that they slowed down two weeks into the month, even when I was out of town one month.  They are vultures.  Good luck and get out as soon as you can.
Photo of Linda Hanson

Linda Hanson

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
200 a month??? how and why? I just singed up and am starting to read the horror stories.
Photo of Gerald

Gerald

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

If you just signed up I would suggest call them and advise you have changed your mind. If the tech arrives do not allow him to install the equip and ask him how you can cancel.  Good luck

Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Linda trust me, give it a chance and don't start this affair on a negative tune. There are lot's of happy customers me included but this form is where people come with problems. Always remember when you have concerns stop by here first. #1 It's easier and normally the response is faster than the phone call. #2 you can always talk to the same person ( exede rep ) here. Alot of times someone just setting here can help or at least guide you in the right direction. Have a nice day.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
I am so happy Gerald you didn't advise me before I signed up, because I am more than happy with this service and most people I know feel the same way. Maybe this is a problem on your side of the fence. 
Photo of Linda Hanson

Linda Hanson

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Well, I was charged for the first month and I opted to prepay the 10/month lease fee, and then noted an additional 200 charge!! I am in email contact now, but a $200 error the first month?
Photo of Mary Rogers

Mary Rogers

• 18 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Get used to it, Linda, it's just the beginning.  They will say you exceeded your data cap every month and slow your service down until you either buy more data or learn to live with the slow speeds.  It is ridiculous that these people can get away with these practices just because people live in rural areas and can't get anything else.  That is not free enterprise, that is a monopoly.
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Mary, Could you break down how you were charged $200/month? Do you believe your system is not operating as it should or do you believe you were misled by sales people or did you simply just not investigate what you were getting before ordering? I am not trying to be mean or accusatory - just curious. BTW the correct term is "oligopoly."
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Linda, There is an option for paying for 24 months of lease fees up-front for a one-time charge of $199. Is it possible that is what you were charged for?
Photo of A. Everett Neuman

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Mary, you are always a warm bubble of joy. But you still lack one thing. A single shred of tangible proof or any real details.

As for your statement of: "free enterprise", it is free enterprise in action. Or else it would only be Hughes Net or none at all for us in remote locations.

I'm glad your happy with your move to a populated area. Tell me, can you hear traffic, or dog's barking, how about trains? I'm just so tickled for ya! ♥♥♥
Photo of Mary

Mary

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Wow...
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Sounds like you have an install issue, get it corrected and those of us off the grid will be more than willing to assist.

This off the grid hermit survives on a 10 GB plan, with judicious use of the LNFZ that permits him to remain gainfully employed inside the DC beltway from his bunker using VPN - while avoiding 3-4 hours of commuting each day.

That's it! I'm going baaack on the grid... pizza,pizza.       
Photo of ted

ted

• 6 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
seriosly? 10 gig? well, good for you. i live in a multi person houshold and internet is much more than a means to acess email. good for you. and seiously...does viasat breed you helpers in a lab down in langly VA.?
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
I Love my 10 gigs everything I need :)

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Lab's lab! I like that. And yes they do some breading there. Under a rock, in a pit with a stud Duck.
I read where Lab is looking for a Duck replacement, would you like the job, Ted???

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Yes, seriously a 10GB plan allows me to do what is necessary during the day which involves very little email but a ton of software development. Let's see now, a cursory look over at the 2TB drive that I download all Microsoft MSDN and 3rd party offerings needed to complete that work during the LNFZ shows some 262 GB used and therefore downloaded since late July.

If this is your greatest displeasure in your life to date, don't worry it gets worse and you've got a long way to go.

Good luck with the installer the day after tomorrow, but here's a hint don't start off with name calling - it's not a real good motivator when seeking help.

P.S. Helpers??? Defenders??? Look closer...
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3128 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
Yes, 10 GB is more than I need. I was on the 15 GB plan but had to switch to the 10 because I never got near the 10 mark, even downloading my Garmin update, which was 2.4 GB in itself. Of course, I was born before color tv, and Al Gore's invention, the internet. We just have a PC, 2 laptops and a smartphone, but with proper data saving techniques they behave very well in the satellite environment.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
I make my living on 10 to lab. I do not have cell phone involved with my data I think thats where the smart phones trick some folks.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Or even DirecTV VOD hitching a free ride on a router with the numbers some claim - but wait that's my TV not internet ;)

I'm waiting for my toaster to download a 3D printable loaf of bread as I write this since NEST automatically detected I'd run out.

P.S. Now that it's finished printing, it's a bran muffin which I'm chalking up to UT_2.2.3.0.13 corruption. Fortunately it's much smaller than a breadbox, so I'm still good on data usage.  
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3128 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
And so goes the modern home with all the new technology. The washer and dryer are sending you a message to your smartphone, the smart light bulbs, the thermostat, the refrigerator just checked in to let you know that your milk is getting low. Great ideas, but each of these "smart" gizmos are always checking in with the mother ship. But why should that cause my data usage to fizzle away, I'm not really surfing, am I?

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Hi Ted,
So, would you like some help trying to figure out your issues?
Photo of ted

ted

• 6 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
how would it be possible for you.....to do anyting that the people that are hired and trained to deal with this cannot do? i mean come on...ive never seen so many people on standby to jump in and defend a company so fast.. my complaints are valid, and true, and thats the end of it. lousy product, over priced, and im stuck with it. i needed to vent and i have...and i know i am not the only one. hell, im not even using exede internet to post these replies..im tethered to my cell phone. thanks exede!
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
You know Ted I just reread this, Theres a lot of people a few here that are more than happy to get exede service. I have had problems in the past and went to there facebook page where Kimberly helped me. And then I was introduced to this site where I pass on that knowledge I learned from the others involved. But a kick in the chin before saying hello never seems to work and just might prolong things. Have you ever considered polishing up your social skills abit? That might take the sting out of this hurt you seem to be going threw. And might get your service up and running. Have a nice day now.
Photo of Starring Matter

Starring Matter

• 290 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
The year has barely begun, and this is already the post of the year.

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Bite Your Tongue!
This can't be the way it's going to go, can it?

I never should have given up Cuervo with my coffee for the New Year.
(Edited)

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Well, on behalf of Bobbie, Lab, and myself, I will leave you with what the other CEO of the company commonly offer's.

Happy Motoring! And welcome to 23 months of Hell...

Glad we could be of some help.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Hi Ted,

I'm sorry to hear you are having connectivity issue with your internet service.  I would like to be posted on the outcome of your service call.  If at all possible, please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com.  If not, please let me know.
Photo of ted

ted

• 6 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Just to update you...the tech never showed. Called CS...
And guess what? NO RECORD OF THE CALL OR THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT.
so now I get to wait 2 more days for someone to show up.
Thanks alot exede.
Photo of kjboxers

kjboxers

• 53 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Day after tomorrow for a service tech.. good luck with that one .. I've been waiting over a month  (edited to  over 2 MONTHS )... it's been at least 2 months.. since I was told it was my ODU needed work or adjustment. I've not heard from them since. 
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello kjboxers, I responded to a similar comment you made regarding the service call in question a few weeks ago. The notation on your account shows a conversation between you and another tech agent regarding your technical issues and not needing the call at that time. If you'd like to send me an email, I can go into further detail in reiterating that conversation. If your service issues have resurfaced, I will do my due diligence and see to it that you get scheduled for a call.
(Edited)
Photo of kjboxers

kjboxers

• 53 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I'm sending another email. No, the service issues haven't "resurfaced" they never went away. 
Photo of Concentric Circles

Concentric Circles

• 84 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
We had the old Wildblue service for about a year when it was only doing 50 kbps.  It was reliable at least back then, and I think it's no less so now.  Your experience is unusual.  I'm wondering if you have unusual circumstances, such as motion in the dish, or weather or trees interfering.  Whatever it is, it seems you have pretty bad luck.  Now, I totally agree about the bandwidth caps.
Photo of Jeffrey David

Jeffrey David

• 1 Post
  • 3 Reply Likes

I am blown away at the negativity on these pages.  I was a Starband user almost since the beginning... I am so grateful for Exede!  It is so much faster and reliable, plus I have the phone service.   I ordered the service and it was up and running the next day.  The data usage caps took a while to get used to, but now that I have happily been with Exede for six months, I don't miss anything -- just a bit more careful with my usage.  My "promo" period of double the internet has ended and I will have to see if there is a plan change in the works. 

I don't understand the negativity.  The anger is vitriolic!  And for what?  Venting?  All of those reading these comments are people with feelings, family, dignity and are trying to do the best they can.  Be calm!  Check your issues and we'll look for solutions like civilized people should.  Just because we "pay" for a service, does not give us a license to be rude and insensitive. 

This business where bloggers say Exede "doesn't work"??? Where in the blazes does that come from?  Maybe we can all work to help them change their business model of the data usage/charges or look for the plan that best suits your usage.  

My Daddy told me as a kid that if you leave the lights on all night, you can't blame the electric company for big bills.  Maybe we have to learn that satellite isn't DSL o cable internet.

Have a really beautiful 2015!  Paz y bien!

Photo of Gerald

Gerald

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I think folks leave negative comments because of the negative service we get. At least that's why I wrote mine. Now I know some folks on the net will just flame away because they hide behind a keyboard but, based on my personal experience with exede for almost two years, I would not recommend them to anyone that asked. I cancelled my service early just this past Monday because customer service seemed to be a foreign idea to them. For me, they are not my only option plus I don't need internet enough to pay them, or anyone, for sub par service. I feel the same way about my mobile phone carrier (won't mention a name) but they have become money hungry pigs that know nothing about customer service. Happy to get your signature on a contract but its all downhill from there. I would drop them as well except I cannot get reliable coverage from anyone else. I see nothing wrong with leaving a negative comment as long as it is warranted and truthful.
Photo of Paula Jett

Paula Jett

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I haven't any issues with the internet itself, just Voice not working and I really need it, with two kids and a husband that is disabled I need a land line because no cell phone service where I live. Two weeks is long enough. I chose this company because of friends having it and had not issues after calling just about everyday once a day someone could say "Hey let me get someone out to look and see what the issue could be" but no I get "how am I to help if you are not there to walk you through the steps". The one thing about working in customer service (call center) when you talk to another CS rep in the back of your mind you are always accessing the call and the rep and taking mental notes. Ahhh the things I could say...but will only say this "treat others they way you would like to be treated" and bite your tongue!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.