Network Outage on Beam 309

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer applicable

Just thought I'd let everyone know for who is on Beam 309 there is a Network Outage. No one has called in from the representative I talked to, to let them know about anything. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
  • Happy to have called and to let everyone else know on Beam 309

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Are you still using Viasat? I thought you were moving to wireless?

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
I don't know yet. I'm just getting bored of the internet in general. I'm legit bored out of my mind. This forum is kind of really boring. I mean I get that it's for Viasat customer for help and stuff. But, it just gets so boring day in and day out. Same thing with TV also. Watching the TV day in and day out. It just gets so boring.

I don't get how people can watch TV all day long and never get bored of it. Meh, I shouldn't say that about TV. That also goes the same for the internet. Social media gets so dang boring also. Video games get boring also. I legit need to do some stuff around my home anyways. So I'll use my boredom time and cook breakfast for my ma and maybe do a little bit of cleaning also. Ya know, Instead of complaining about being bored isn't going to do me any good at all. I'm going to do that. So good day to Y'all guys!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
The internet brings you anime.
(Edited)

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@VeteranSatUser

Well... If my speed's can go up a little bit more. Then I can watch Anime. But meh, Viasat doesn't want to give us some of the bandwidth to us residential customers. It's cool beans Viasat :3
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
I have been Viasat free for 3+ days.

Like I am going through a 12 step program!

My primetime wireless speeds. Not the best tonight, but I got 4 processes running!

(Edited)
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3154 Posts
  • 2030 Reply Likes
VetSat, what device are you using for this testing? I have just purchased a 7730L, it is supposed to arrive today, so hopefully I can start my testing later today. I am hoping I don't need to get an external antenna, but that may be something I will have to do. Are you using an external antenna, and if so, what did you go with?
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
You can get a Yagi antenna off eBay or Amazon for under $100 if need be. Just search for 7730L external antenna and it will popup. If you get 3 or 4 bars on your device, I wouldn't get an antenna. My experience is the antenna will get you two bars extra.

Do you have the SIM card to insert in your 7730L?

• 3154 Posts
  • 2030 Reply Likes
Yes, the sim card for Verizon is included with the 7730L I purchased. I did find a Yagi on Amazon for $85 that includes the antenna jack pigtail for the 7730L. 
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1160 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
@Steve....VZW only accepts unused SIMs...once used, its history.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Steve. Hit me up on DSL Reports if you got questions. I am easy to find (just old over there) and it is easier to communicate with instant messages.

Good luck!

• 3154 Posts
  • 2030 Reply Likes
@Jab, the unit I bought has an unused SIM.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.