Changing Windows Live mail to WildBlue mail

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

how can I change my email from windows live mail to littleeagle78@wildblue.net. I need to send an email on craigslist but the old windows live mail comes up. And do I have to sign in all the time, to get my emails. I used to be able to press the Icon on the computer, but I no longer have windows live mail.Thank You.
Photo of Bill Little Eagle Ellison

Bill Little Eagle Ellison

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
What happens is on any websites when you click on an email link to send someone an email like that it pulls up what ever email client is installed on your computer, ie: outlook or in your case windows mail.  What you will need to do is get that email address and then log into your wildblue email account via the web (if you dont have an email client setup with that email account) and then create a new email and key in the address of that person.
Photo of Bill Little Eagle Ellison

Bill Little Eagle Ellison

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you , I will try it. Bill
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3904 Posts
  • 3984 Reply Likes
Alternately, just grab any one of the free email clients listed (including a Windows Live Mail cleint) at:

http://email.about.com/od/windowsemailclients/tp/free_email_prog.htm

and configure it for the Wildblue/Exede email server(s). In fact the following link includes instructions for one of those free programs (Thunderbird):

http://help.exede.net/articles/General/How-to-set-up-Exede-email-with-Outlook-Apple-Mail-and-other-e... 

Once that's done, ensure the selected program is your default email client - instructions vary depending on operating system and version but a google search on 'change default email program' will yield some assistance.

If you've already got the Windows Live Mail client installed simply try to configure it for the new email server(s).                 
(Edited)
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
that is true Labs that is an option

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.