Need a Detailed Bill

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
I terminated my service about a month ago because I moved.  At the time I called to schedule the disconnect I was told that I could receive a detailed bill showing what the early termination fee was.  2 weeks after it was disconnected, I chatted online with a rep who assured me that I would receive a detailed bill.  I specifically said that I needed it to show the detail of what the termination fee was - that it needed to show how the amount was calculated and that it needed to say it was an early termination fee.  He said he would put in a special request and I would get it in a week or so and would have all the details I needed.  All I received was the EXACT same bill that I could view online.  All it shows is a line item that says something like "24 month contract" and then shows the amount.  How can I get the bill/statement that I need?  I need this so that I can get reimbursement from the company I work for, who reimbursed me for all of my expenses while I had Viasat service at that address.  Any of the representatives that I talk to or chat online with are totally uninformed!
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3532 Posts
  • 1326 Reply Likes
Hi Jane

That's how our bill labels it. We're unable to change it. Any charge that shows after 24 month agreement is a cancellation fee.
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brad, thanks for your reply.  But that is totally unacceptable!  Please let me know how we can get this resolved.  I find this to be deliberate on the part of Viasat to ensure that customers can't receive reimbursement for termination fees, as a way to try and get customers to not cancel. That in addition to not allowing a one-year contract.  I had no alternative to Viasat at the address I was living at and knew at the time of getting service I would only be there for one-year.  But I HAD to get a 2 year contract.  At that time, I was told that I would receive a detailed statement upon termination showing the termination fees and then told the SAME thing a couple of weeks ago.  So I have been misled TWICE by representatives who are totally uninformed.  For that I think I should either GET A DETAILED BILL OR BE REIMBURSED FOR THE TERMINATION FEES!!!!!
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3532 Posts
  • 1326 Reply Likes
Sorry Jane but that's how we do it we won't be able to comply with your request.  All bills are on account.viasat.com but we can't change the wording on our bill. We can talk about the fee if you email viasatlistens@viasat.com but there's no way we have the ability to change our bill's text. That's something we cannot accommodate for a single customer it's always said 24 month agreement. Frankly that's pretty clear that's a cancellation fee for a 24 month agreement so if you're doing this as a contract buyout for cancelling that and any communication with us should be sufficient.
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brad, no it's NOT SUFFICENT!  And your employees are uninformed!  Why was I told by several people that I would get a bill saying that.  You should be able to see the chat transcript where I asked specifically several times that the bill would clearly state early termination fee and was assured that it would.  A contract buyout clearly states that it needs to say EARLY TERMINATION FEE.  

This is the ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY I have ever dealt with.  Customer Service is terrible, prices ridiculous, service and speed horrible. Unbelievable in my opinion.  I have already started a complaint with BBB which also includes sending an email to Executive.Escalations@ViaSat.com

To be clear - I'm not disputing the early termination fee itself, but the miscommunication I received regularly from the company and ambiguity on the bill.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3532 Posts
  • 1326 Reply Likes
sorry Jane but at the corporate level this is something I cannot help you with. Any other requests regarding fees and cancel charges I or one of my teammates can discuss and assist but changing how our bill is worded is something that won't be changed.
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brad, than can you help getting the fee waived seeing as I'm unable to get it reimbursed because Viasat cannot provide me with what I need?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3532 Posts
  • 1326 Reply Likes
email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com and we'll look into it but we have to look at your account and make a determination.
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brad, now they have charged my account on 10/17 $150.00 for unreturned equipement which was received by them on 10/10 according to UPS tracking information!!!
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brad, according to the rep I am chatting with online, my account was actually charged on October 14, (showed on my bank account 10/17) but still well after the date of 10/10 that it was received.  Unbelievable!
Photo of gm92066

gm92066

• 131 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
More equipment lost in the "Black Hole", imagine that. Can hardly wait to return mine!

They have a lot of nerve charging a fee for something in their possession, according to UPS, a company somewhat more reputable than Viasat!
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 463 Posts
  • 176 Reply Likes
If they charged $150 they must be claiming either the modem or tria was missing. Better to take a picture of the box before closing it up.
(Edited)
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The rep I chatted with put in a "request" to have my refund processed.  And said it would take 7-10 days!!!  I'm going to add a new "conversation" specific to this issue.
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3532 Posts
  • 1326 Reply Likes
That's accurate on refunds. especially with the weekend interrupting the 3-5 business days best case scenario. Let us know if you don't see it and we'll take care of it
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3532 Posts
  • 1326 Reply Likes
For what it's worth 150 usually means either the modem or Tria was marked as unreturned did you send both back?
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brad, the rep confirmed it was received.  He didn't give any indication that there was an issue with what I returned.  I returned the the modem and the Tria (? dish thingy)
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brad, the rep confirmed it was received.  He didn't give any indication that there was an issue with what I returned.  I returned the the modem and the Tria (? dish thingy)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3532 Posts
  • 1326 Reply Likes
email us and we'll check as well
Photo of Pippa Petrucci

Pippa Petrucci

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
After 24 months, that's 2 years, you can stop, cancel service and there should not be any fees for doing so. It's not early termination , there is not supposed be a cancellation fee the 2 yr. is over unless you sign on with a renewed contract, you owe nothing else.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1773 Posts
  • 1025 Reply Likes
Correct. But in this situation OP canceled early and expected an itemized bill to be reimbursed by her employer.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 463 Posts
  • 176 Reply Likes
What a shocker, someone moved and didn't want to take their service with them.