MyESVT is switching to EasyChat (updated)

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: postponed

For those of you have been using the enhanced account management tool MyESVT, we need to let you know that we’re decommissioning this tool at the end of August (originally was going to be on July 21.) You’ll see many elements of this tool appear in a later version of the MyExede account portal, with a lot of those improvements thanks to the feedback we got from those of you using MyESVT.

So what’s next? Part of the process of testing MyESVT has been to help us build EasyChat, a handy tool for getting instant account information that works within Facebook Messenger. EasyChat can take up a lot of the tasks MyESVT had. With EasyChat, you can now:

•          Get usage alerts

•          See your usage

•          Buy more data

•          Troubleshoot service

•          Restart your modem

•          Pay your bill

•          Get billing notifications

•          Start a live agent chat

•          Reschedule installation times (for new customers)

We understand isn’t an exact replacement for those of you who enjoyed the greater insight into your data with MyESVT. But hang in there —better things are just around the corner!

If you haven’t used EasyChat yet, give it a try on yourbrowser here or on your mobile phone by opening the Facebook Messenger app and searching for ‘EasyChat.’ You’ll just need the phone number associated with your Exede account to get started.

Learn more about EasyChat.

Thanks for your help with MyESVT and look for even better ways of managing your account in the future.

PS: We've also just launched new SMS text options for account updates. Click here to sign up!

Here's what you can do now with SMS text:

Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
ummmm just one thing to let ya know into the video.... THAT IS ALOTTA GBS OF DATA!!! @>@ I MEAN 303GBS @>@ I WANT THAT MUCH GBS!!! ;-; also it kinda looks like a new plan data for exede :D i sure hope so :D and can ya fix the video??? its not playing for me ;-;
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
OH MY LORD!!! @>@ THIS EASY CHAT IS SO AWESOMENESS!!! :D IT ALSO REPLIES AUTOMATICALLY AWESOMEONESS!!! :D THANK YOU SO MUCH EXEDE!!! :D I DO APPRECATE IT!!! :D
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1780 Posts
  • 1078 Reply Likes

What's the alternative for us that refuse to join facebook?  My service is with Exede, not facebook.
You, Exede, provide me the customer, with an alternative.

Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 970 Posts
  • 485 Reply Likes
Craig, 

If you're not able to use the Facebook messenger, then you can either call into our Care department at 866-945-3258, or send an email to ExedeListens@viasat.com.

-- Exede Matt B
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
If ever a response deserved a down vote, yours does Matt...

Craig knows that, he's been around here a long time. Since its inception Exede subscribers have been clamoring for better tools to manage their accounts, data and be appraised of schedule maintenance, etc.

Responses like that reinforce the perception that ViaSat is tone deaf.

Just an observation from someone who is growing increasingly weary of supporting Exede in a fair  and balanced fashion.
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3128 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
Wow, I would have never expected such a negative response to Craig's post.

If this is any indication of where ViaSat is heading in the future, it is certainly in the wrong direction.

I think it would be good if ViaSat provides a data meter that is not only much better than what it has been offering, but one that can be accessed directly, and not through Facebook.

Apparently Matt B has never tried to call into the ViaSat Care department to try to get anything other than the terrible automated call system, followed by clerks who can only read off the scripts.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3443 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
Hi guys,

I think Matt's comment is being just a little bit slightly misinterpreted.

First and foremost the EasyChat/Facebook Messenger tool is being suggested both to remind folks that we have it as an option and for it to be something of a "in-between solution" for when we end our MyESVT beta test and when the new usage meter goes live. EasyChat is a tool customers can use at any time and can utilize on arguably the most popular social media network. A lot of our customers will be able to use it but we're very aware that some do not use Facebook and as a result won't use the tool. Perfectly fine. During this time like always we will be more than happy to assist you guys until the new meter tool launches. There are some great things around the corner associated with it, just have to wait for all the cogs to catch and spin, but it will be worth the wait. 

I think those of you that have gotten used to the beta test with MyESVT will find A LOT to like with the new meter once it launches and if you by chance do use EasyChat you may see some elements there that reflects a few of the features MyESVT had. As always stay tuned, we'll announce when the new usage tool releases and I think you guys that have helped immensely during the trial will see some of that feedback reflected.

• 3128 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
Exede Brad, I certainly did not misinterpret Matt B's comment.

He made his point very clearly, either call Customer Care, the last thing I would do, or send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. You moderators are plenty busy with the volume of emails from subscribers with concerns about their service already, you certainly can't be expected to handle thousands of requests for data usage on top of those.

eSVT should remain available until the new tool is introduced sometime in the next year. EasyChat is not useful, it is a sad excuse for a tool.

Calling in for Customer Service to provide our usage is a terrible suggestion. First, the very user unfriendly automated answering mechanism is very frustrating to get through, and then you are connected with the service agents who seem to be very negative that you are bothering them just to find out your data usage.

Before turning off the eSVT, get the new tool on line. There are enough things that are frustrating your subscribers, why add more to it?
Photo of Alex

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Of course all of the info you can get on EasyChat is available on MyExede. The Messenger tool is just another way to present that info for those who would find it useful.
Photo of Bruce Batty

Bruce Batty

• 36 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I have two problems already with the interim replacement for MyESVT. and I haven't even had a chance to "test drive" it.
One, like Craig, I have never had a Facebook account and have no plans to start one.

Two, when I looked at MyESVT last night, it explained that it was being retired and gave me a link to an Exede web page that had instructions for enrolling in something they called SMS chat. The enrollment required me to send a test message. As is the case with Facebook, I do not use text messaging as a means of communication and have no plans to start now.

I am growing weary of the assumption that EVERYONE has a Facebook account and that EVERYONE texts. IMHO, there is more harm than good resulting from both. Just ask the family of anyone killed in an auto accident because another driver was playing with a phone.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2179 Reply Likes
I don't think Exede is asking you to text them while you are driving.  And the choice is yours to make if you want to use that option now or wait for the new ESVT to go on line.
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 637 Posts
  • 239 Reply Likes
Why take the old tool down before the new and improved tool is ready for use?
Photo of Joshua

Joshua

• 214 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
I have found the MyESVT very useful and am sad to see it go.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3443 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
Most of those features will be on the new myexede meter once the update is released.

• 3128 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
I have also found the eSVT tool to be very useful to me, and am  hoping that the replacement tool will provide at least the same functionality.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3443 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
it's going to have most of what was on eSVT. 
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 558 Posts
  • 395 Reply Likes
With Exede's record on coming out with stuff, the replacement tool will be out in a year or two, maybe and maybe not then. :-(
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3443 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
I believe we're aiming for releasing before ViaSat 2 last I've heard...could be wrong, I think it's still TBA. In the meantime, we'll offer the bot and SMS messaging alerts during this "in-between" period. I definitely understand how the eSVT tool was a great option for our customers and the love for it and we're certainly going to make myExede 100% based on the beta test we allowed everyone to do. 

Unfortunately myESVT was and always intended to be a beta test when we opened to customer access. The test is coming to an end, BUT we've made a new tool for myExede based on all the feedback from this test, it's going to be a lot of what myESVT offered but with a more user friendly look and feel. 
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Adrien

Chris Adrien

• 0 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
This is quite disappointing. The myESVT tool has been very useful in many situations. Removing it without providing a suitable and timely replacement is just customer unfriendly and tone-deaf. The "in-between" options are poor substitutes. What's the harm in keeping it up until we can experience the partial replacement ourself?
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 124 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
Yes, Brad.  What is the harm in keeping it available until an equal replacement is available?
Photo of Alex

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Official Response
To reply to those who are wondering why we are retiring MyESVT before a true replacement is on board, I asked the engineer behind all this and she told me it has to do with a change in the software platforms we use to manage and measure data. Given the complexity of the switch, she said we couldn't support MyESVT during the changeover. However, the new software should be in place later this year, and it'll be incorporated into the MyExede portal so you'll get all of your account information in one place. I've been part of the team working on this new MyExede Tools project and I can tell you it looks very cool — with easy-to-understand charts and graphs to help you see where data is going and when. 
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 634 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
Thank you! Was that so hard?
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Excellent. Can I safely assume this new tool will be available to both business and residential customers? 
Photo of Alex

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
I don't know the answer to that one, Bev, but I'll find out. I know Business is a lot more complicated due to the metered billing, which is why the older tools wouldn't work with it.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
I figure it may be later in coming because of how excess usage works for us. 

For those that don't know, one Business plan has a free zone, all others do not. We are never slowed when we go over our purchased allotment but, we are automatically billed for each additional GB, or fraction thereof we use. The billing system has to look at our usage and, see if additional charges apply every cycle, unlike residential where the charge remains the same unless buy more is optionally selected by the customer. For us, it has to automatically give us the equivalent of buy more, but without our input to do so.
Photo of Whitey

Whitey

• 90 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled MyESVT is switching to EasyChat.

Why is Exede wanting to do away with MyEsvt site?  Too much value for the money?  I tried the EasyChat page and it is terrible.  Every time you try to check on your usage or service the old stuff is still on the page and trying to figure out how to update your info is very confusing.  Don't know if what you are looking is the updated or older results.  And what info it gives you is very basic.  I hope for better.
Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 342 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Unfortunately the EasyChat Data Usage Meter is stuck on 100% and doesn't tell me my actual usage. The old MyESVT site did show actual usage which I found to be very useful. can this be implemented onthe EasyChat site please.
Photo of Thom

Thom

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have recently tried to set up the text alerts and I keep getting the response my account is not set up for text alerts., so I contacted customer support and they do not know anything about the text alerts mentioned in this announcement. So either provide more information on setting upt the text alerts or remove it from the announcements since it is not currently availabe
Photo of Alex

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Thom: Thanks for the heads-up. This was apparently a glitch that has been fixed (or will be soon) so let us know if it persists.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.