My speed average speed over 8 months 1.76, is this normal? .

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
My speed average speed over 8 months 1.76, is this normal? I have had two techs do a home visit and said nothing is wrong but my speeds are really slow. Countless converstions and some screaming matchs with support. They say my speeds are very slow but cant find a way to fix it. Does anyone have any idea what the heck i should do? Just an fyi my computer tests speeds 24 hours a day every 15minutes, that is were my average speed comes from. My contract says high speed internet upto 25. I would poop a golden brick if i seen my speed hit double digits. Heck half the time i cant even get a whole number. So i know high speed and double digits are out of the question.
Photo of James condy

James condy

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • taken advantaged of

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2183 Reply Likes
What problems are you having James?  Speed tests don't tell us anything.  I would also suggest you stop having your computer do a speed test every 15 minutes.  That sounds pretty strange to me.
Photo of James condy

James condy

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
The problem is i pay $150 a month for high speed internet and i cant get enough internet to even check my email. The reason for the speed test every 15 minutes is because when you call into suport, even at 3 am or 8 am or 8 pm they say that my speed is slow due to "congested times". I was also told by support the congested time were normally around 4pm till midnight. My speed tests prove that no matter what time of day or night it maybe my speed does not increase. As a matter of fact my highest every speed was at 9:36 pm on april 1st. 14.96. Had to of been an april fools prank because i could not even open yahoo news. It timed out. But anyways i now noticed on the web site they have changed the wording on everyplan they offer. Maybe just maybe, enough people like myself have enough documentation to show what type of a scam this so called internt supplier really is and before they get sued in a hudge lawsuit by the thousands of people they have a breached contracts with, i guess they had to changs some wording. Oh yeah one more thing, its not my computer either, it goes with me to other places and never a problem.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2182 Reply Likes
O.k. Have a nice day.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Your average speed over time sounds about right. .I would say that is what mine has been.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2182 Reply Likes
Thanks. Have a nice day.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Just get your popcorn ready!
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2182 Reply Likes
It's popping as we speak...
Photo of James condy

James condy

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Well i just wasted another hour of my life talking to support again. Well i got good news; my call is being escalated. Which i am going to break this down and explain why this is good news. First off the tear 1 lady I had to speak with must not have read the notes from the last 32 times i have called in. My problem still remains the same super slow internet or no internet. All I have asked for from these people is what i pay for. If you go to burger king and order a whopper combo. You want the drink, fries and burger and if you did not get the fries and burger, you might be a little upset. On the brightside you only got robbed for $5. My contract with this people says high speed internet and some or possible slowing in peck hours if traffic is congested. On the phone i was told by the tier 1 lady that the "traffic tonight was slow at this time" . Great!!!!! Lets do a speed test, hers came back at 1.07 just think if it was busy. My speed test three minutes later was 1.01 So after having to unplug this and check that and poke this lets run another speed test because she is doing everything to fix my problem. She told me to reboot my computer, okay and while i am doing this she is going to run another speed test. Her results are mind blowing. 0.12. I am so glad she helped. Kinda like pouring gasoline on someone thats on fire. In the mean time my computer is booted and ready, speed test results .07. Now i feel i am talking to the government and fix it till its really broken. So she said she will take $20 off my bill. Lady being on the phone with you for and hour cost me more the $20 you are willing to take off my $150 bill. So moving on the tier 2 first thing, we cant do anything more beacuse of the high traffic in your area. All i can say is if your going to lie to me and everyone else that is paying you, make sure that everyone is reading off the same script. And now get this, in order to better assist me i need to call back at 3am so they can look at my system with less traffic. So i have already wasted 1 hour of my life that i will never get back, and for the fact that they are stealing my my by not giving me what i pay for i might as well get up a couple hours early and call them.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2182 Reply Likes
Thanks for keeping us updated.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
mmmmm....popcorn
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2182 Reply Likes
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I could have written this post myself almost word for word. They are scammers, plain and simple.
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Does anyone have any knowledge in class action lawsuits? It be happy to get the ball rolling against these people. I’m so tired of their lack of service and lack of support. I have a feeling if you canceninside of 24 months , they’d try to charge a cancellation fee. It is mind boggling how bad this is.
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@Jim16 when you posted that gif... it kinda reminds me of me right now... cause i am like... ummm.... eating my chicken and drinking a big jar of hawaiian punch :3 i mean.. the punch i drink out of used to be an a peanut butter bar with 4lbs of it in it :3 but now... i just use it as putting my soda, or punch in it :3

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@Jim16 when you posted that gif... it kinda reminds me of me right now... cause i am like... ummm.... eating my chicken and drinking a big jar of hawaiian punch :3 i mean.. the punch i drink out of used to be an a peanut butter bar with 4lbs of it in it :3 but now... i just use it as putting my soda, or punch in it :3

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
AWMAN!!! i hate this double post... -_-
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2075 Posts
  • 1259 Reply Likes
There's just nothing like brand new posters starting out with the proverbial rant and CAS threat.  I tend to let those go in one figurative ear and out the other.  

I need more Jolly Ranchers.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2075 Posts
  • 1259 Reply Likes
There's just nothing like brand new posters starting out with the proverbial rant and CAS threat.  I tend to let those go in one figurative ear and out the other.  

I need more Jolly Ranchers.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2075 Posts
  • 1259 Reply Likes
You jinxed me, Deku!  The darn double post days!  LOL.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.