• 24 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
And 0.746mbps
(Edited)
Photo of Leo George Jr

Leo George Jr

• 45 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Get ready for the CHUMPions to tell you speeds are "UP TO" 12 or 25.... ......
Photo of terry

terry

• 24 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Yeah I got it almost immediately, complained my pics were upside down and whine mercilessly!!!! Told him I didn’t want his advice and called him a Dork!
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Hey you should feel blessed you scored that low on a speed test. When I had Viasat if I was under .5 mb It would usually just time out. I could never get a number. I knew it was very slow because how slowly even text loaded.
Photo of Dave Eicher

Dave Eicher

• 155 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
PRetty bad. 10.89 download and 1.05 upload

Photo of Martin Seebach

Martin Seebach

• 54 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Due to guaranteed payment from Fed and a nice bonus from USDA they care not. Was there ever a modem slower than 9.6?
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
I almost beat that low score with Verizon Wireless. I got an 8kps yesterday that was Sunday. This 3 day weekend has been the worst. I have had the service 5-6 months everything started going downhill on evenings and weekends about a month ago. This Memorial weekend it has been mostly unusable. I am in the I-95 corridor in Central VA. I wonder if the hordes of people dumping satellite have made the cell wireless systems in the area congested or is it traffic on I-95 increasing as the weather warms up? My typical speeds are 5-10 Mbs. It was great for the first 4 or so months, the trees leafing out didn't seem to cause any issues.
Photo of Corey Anderson

Corey Anderson

• 109 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I ended up dropping the Verizon prepaid plan. The performance in the evenings got so bad recently it wasn’t cost effective to keep it.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1449 Posts
  • 856 Reply Likes
You should have sold it.  Those plans are worth gold, and since you can't buy one anymore they are worth platinum.

Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it wouldn't have worked for others.
Photo of Corey Anderson

Corey Anderson

• 109 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Haha yeah. But seems to be lots of pop up wireless resellers now that people can use.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2169 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
Hordes of people dumping satellite... in the area?  
Photo of terry

terry

• 24 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Is there a harassment department to report certain people too?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2169 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
Is there a harassment department to report certain people too?
If the reps see someone being harassed they address the issue.  

Not really sure what prompted that question.  
Photo of Corey Anderson

Corey Anderson

• 109 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I’m gonna guess with the tree foliage I was pushed to a more congested tower. Verizon in my area is pretty congested. We left it for ATT about 3 years ago because it was getting so bad. I do still have an unlimited ATT hotspot which I can get to work between 2 - 4 megabits so it’s great for netflix.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1449 Posts
  • 856 Reply Likes
Oh you had both Verizon and AT&T hotspots? I can see why you dropped one of them then.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Horrible speeds with Verizon are back to normal 10 Mbs. They started pulling out of the 3 day weekend funk at 7am this morning. I am assuming now evenings and weekends will be dicey due to congestion. I think around me in Central Va, Verizon and ATT use the same towers, would that make the service the same for most people?
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
I have had better then normal speeds on verizon this weekend and it dont make sense with tons of people from out of town since we have a 100 mile yard sale going on and lots of people on the tower I use cause its right in the line of fire LOL maybe they did something to handle the extra load 
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
I wonder what the burden of a typical cell phone conversation has on a tower compared to someone streaming or sending video? Maybe the yard sale folks are just calling while the I-95 highway traffic has a lot of kids riding in the backseat streaming video.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
we have a bunch of people that come in with campers to stay the weekend since antiques are always abundant during the sale. And no free wifi in the camping areas close so figured they would be streaming  
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1458 Posts
  • 866 Reply Likes
All depends on location. I have seen wireless speeds all over the map at my location. Right now I just pulled 6.7 down and 21.8 up. On another machine I was seeing 3, but I dont have the best wifi connection in it either, so it usually is half what other devices pull.

All I know is for the price, with low latency and I have had zero streaming issues, I get by. If the LEO devices come online, that's a possible. But I can already see people complaining about too much "junk" in space obstructing views (see wind turbines, hydroelectric dams. And solar farms).
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Isn't space endless and vast?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1279 Posts
  • 790 Reply Likes
Not the view from earth. It is limited :). You saw the picture in the article? Imagine 1,000's of those up there.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Luckily there aren't too many people living in space at the moment. In a hundred years or so then maybe residents of a condominium complex between Earth and the moon might complain about the view.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2119 Posts
  • 1287 Reply Likes
I'm reasonably sure that ExSatUser's comment about the view is, at least somewhat, a joke, as in there will always be people who complain about the view, no matter how ridiculous some instances may seem to the rest of us.  However, thousands upon thousands of additional items up there can begin to create real problems.  All it takes is one going off course in just the right way.  Ever see the film "Gravity"?  
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1279 Posts
  • 790 Reply Likes
A long article I know, but here...

http://interactive.satellitetoday.com...