My old emails and contact lists did not migrate to the new platform

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Is this just a delay in the migration process or is there something else I have to do? My understanding was my old emails and contacts would migrate without any action.
Photo of JENNIFER LYVERS

JENNIFER LYVERS

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Lori Murphy

Lori Murphy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine is all gone as well. This is not good.
Photo of Barbara Blanchard

Barbara Blanchard

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am not getting new emails either
Photo of Mary Ann Paulic

Mary Ann Paulic

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
I went to google.com and signed in with my wildblue email and I was able to get my inbox and contacts.
Photo of Carol Barker DeCosta

Carol Barker DeCosta

• 73 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes

the only contacts of mine that came over with the migration were the contacts I had set up on the webmail ~ we use outlook as our e mail client, I could not get outlook to work so a nice gentlemen helped me, but in the process of deleting the old profile and setting up the new profile all my contacts disappeared as well as the little folders I had in outlook, I am in the process of entering them manually!!! At least my outlook works now, I sure hope there are no other platform changes, I will need the 12 step program, LOL

Photo of Keith Bax

Keith Bax

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
All of the communications I received from Exede said that all of my current email would be migrated to the new platform, and that no further action was required on my part. So now all my email from the Google platform is gone. This is extremely disruptive, and I certainly hope this is a delay in the population of my current information and not a complete "do over" of my email account.

This really sucks!
Photo of Carol Barker DeCosta

Carol Barker DeCosta

• 73 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I doubt it is a dealy, ours was a real mess too!!! we are on wildblue and used outlook client as our e mail source, very sad!! Like I said above what came over in the webmail was only the contacts that I had put out there, busy fingers inputting again, thank goodness I had printed off the list of our contacts.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3048 Posts
  • 1069 Reply Likes
Hello everyone, The issue of not showing your emails this morning is something we are seeing tied to the migration of customers last night. The issue is that after being switched to the new platform NO emails show at all. Our engineers are aware of the issue now and are working on the problem. Once fixed your emails will appear.

However, if you are using a email client like outlook, thunderbird, mail app on your phone ect. You're probably just seeing old emails only and nothing new. This is a seperate issue. There are some settings that need to be changed in order to see new emails and a quick how-to can be found on both go.wildblue.net or go.exede.net respectively. If you require assistance with setting up your email clients you can call our dedicated email team at 855-463-9333. 
Photo of Cher

Cher

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My information has finally migrated over. Thanks!