My experience with Viasat

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Okay. Everything was perfect until I moved into my new house 3 months ago. I asked 3 different representatives if I need to bring anything at all to return. THE ONLY THING THEY SAID was to return the little white box inside the house. I called so many times because I was unsure. So that’s all I returned. I was forced to open up a new account and the discount I had at my other home was taken away. I saw the red flag but I continued paying service because I’m under a contract. Fast forward to last month they charged me $270 for the little satellite outside!!!!!! I was so livid because I specifically asked multiple representatives if I need to bring anything besides the modem inside the house and they said no so I called and asked why they charged my card and they took it the money they had taken and put it back in my account and because they took it away they canceled my service as in if I wasn’t paying for it mind you every single month since we’ve had it since last year I’ve been paying my payment early and on time never late never so the fact that they still disconnected my service Was so upsetting. so at this point I have no Internet I lost $270 and I’m still here and now they’ve told me that it’s going to take up to 30 days for my money to get returned I went back to the old house and I got the thing they needed and like they’re still charging me!! the Internet is decent I don’t have a problem with it the only one who uses it is my kid that’s why we got it for but now I have no Internet and I’m stuck in a contract and everything about This is upsetting and the customer service is so horrible!!! If I try and break the contract they’ll charge me 15 for every month I haven’t used!!! It’s ridiculous. I asked for a credit for at least a month and they said it’s not up to them. So who is it up to??????? And if I try speaking to someone higher they say they can’t connect me to them.
Photo of gabrielaF

gabrielaF

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • upset

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1021 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
Hello,

Please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com and we will look into this for you.  
Photo of Whitney Wilson

Whitney Wilson

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes i am a customer of yall's as well and i emailed yall yesterday and still have no reply. Ya'll took my payment out twice last month (August) and refunded back the extra payment 30 days later. Now my internet is cut off cause ya'll said i didn't pay the bill in August and i did. Sent ya'll a bank statement yesterday as well showing were ya'll took the payment out twice and only refunded back the extra payment. So im curious is to were my payment is that i sent and why it isn't applied to my bill and why is my internet cut off! I have called for a week about this problem and ya'll seem to not want to correct the error that ya'll clearly made even when i clearly shows on the bank statement where ya'll didn't refund it twice. I need to be contacted about this matter ASAP! <removed email>
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3520 Posts
  • 1321 Reply Likes
Hi Whitney
This is a OPEN AND PUBLIC forum. Please do not post your personal information (unless you want a bunch of weirdos bugging you)

Since this is a billing issue please call us at 855-463-9333 ASAP 
Photo of gabrielaF

gabrielaF

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
When I asked a representative to speak to a supervisor they said they didn’t have one. Like at all. (Update) they said my money would get “refunded” on October 3rd. It’s october 3rd and there’s still nothing. I was reading and everyone says 3-5 business days for a return? I’ve been waiting for my refund since early September. And I call every single day to talk to a representative. Don’t know if we can get legal matters into this?
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1021 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
gabrielaF,

When you sent that email to us, you would have gotten a case number.  Can you provide that, do I can see what's preventing the refund from processing?
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 366 Posts
  • 143 Reply Likes
Viasat charges $150 for basic install in many areas. You are just assuming Gabriela got a free install. You also seem to assume everyone's service and plan availability is the same as yours. The plans in my area start at $118 if you figure in modem lease and taxes. Speeds here are limited to up to 12 Mbps. If you want to verify what I say go to Excede.com and type in zip code 22501. Please educate yourself before ripping into people that don't share your undying love for Viasat, because their experience isn't what yours is, due to no fault of their own.
Photo of gabrielaF

gabrielaF

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thankyou homeskillet!!!! And for the record the only reason the contract was broken was because they said I couldn’t carry the same one if I moved somewhere else. I still wanted to continue to use there service and up until they took that money out my account without letting me know everything was fine.
Photo of gabrielaF

gabrielaF

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Your representatives told me to not send the email that there was no point because they had already done everything they could?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2247 Posts
  • 1370 Reply Likes
The help you get over the phone and the help you get via email, like Matt B asked for, are often quite different.  You should send the email, as Matt B instructed.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2247 Posts
  • 1370 Reply Likes
The help you get over the phone and the help you get via email, like Matt B asked for, are often quite different.  You should send the email, as Matt B instructed.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2247 Posts
  • 1370 Reply Likes
Oh, great.  Double post day.  SMH.  
Photo of gabrielaF

gabrielaF

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ikr?
Photo of James Besser

James Besser

• 107 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
call in center,don't even brother with them one guy there told me if I can get cable or dsl go for it I used too like it now don't know cable be here in oct so viasat call in center dont care do they think were paying there wages. my services h it the tank I have the cleanest pc desk in western wisconsin pages very slow at loading via sat gets payed on time. and I get poor service modem goes out and modem works and phone goes out they tell me almost what ever
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1596 Posts
  • 932 Reply Likes
Props to their honesty. And if you are getting cable next month, congrats!
Photo of James Besser

James Besser

• 107 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Yes