My bill date was the 20th of June, how could I have exceeded my 20 GB already?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
My bill was automatically paid at approximately 4:35 pm on June 20 and on June 21 at 1:58 am I received a notice that my limit has been exceeded. How is this possible in such a short time when there hasn't been anything out of the ordinary on my end?
Photo of David Oberstar

David Oberstar

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • not happy

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2260 Posts
  • 429 Reply Likes
Hi David,  Please send your account number and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com and we will review your bill. Thanks
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3087 Posts
  • 1298 Reply Likes
Anyone with a Windows 10 who is seeing what seems to be excessive usage needs to check and see if the Creators update has been downloaded automatically. That thing ranges between 3 and 5 GB depending on your version of Windows.  It is a rolling release, meaning not everyone gets it at the same time so, anytime between now and this fall you might get hit with it.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2260 Posts
  • 429 Reply Likes
Hi Bev,  Thank you!  This is very helpful information!  This should help many subscribers understand how their data can be used so quickly.   
Photo of David Oberstar

David Oberstar

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Diana. I don't believe that my windows update took place and if it did that would account for 6-10 GBs .  Could I be reimbursed at least 10 GBs to get me through the rest of my billing cycle?  I have guests coming up this coming week and with the weather forecast it would be nice to watch a couple movies if we were to be stuck in the house.  Thank you.  Dave
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3087 Posts
  • 1298 Reply Likes
Update to creators form a non updated Windows, let apps and drivers also update so they work again, yes, easily 10 GB.

An update like the currently rolling out creators update can be as much as 5 GB all by itself, that doe not include any other app or driver updates that must be done at the same time for things to work.
Photo of David Oberstar

David Oberstar

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Probably a good time to find a new internet provider.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2830 Posts
  • 1790 Reply Likes
So you think it is Exede's fault that your devices are using data to update their apps, drivers and operating systems?

If you can find another ISP other than satellite, then you should  not be using Exede for your ISP. Satellite internet is for those who cannot get internet from anyone else.