Moving and adding length of contract

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need for further agent response.

I have to say the worse ever business ever. I like the internet pretty much it is just how they treat you with their contracts. Why do we have to move and they if we choose to keep Wildblue we have to go into another 2 year contract? Not even fair
Photo of Darlene Kirkley Wheeler

Darlene Kirkley Wheeler

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 647 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
Darlene, did you see this other post on the same subject?
https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/move-service
Photo of Danielbo

Danielbo

• 154 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
I also agree all this contract stuff. I have not been with them even a year yet. But I believe if I fulfilled my 2 year contract and not getting any thing new at a discount price, why should I have to sign another contract. No I can see if you are moving, maybe charge a install fee, but not another 2 years contract.
Another thing ticks me off is offers just to new customers. I told the lady on the phone, I have been with you since Jan 2014, i pay my payments before they are even due and no problems, but you will not allow me to have a deal that is going on. You will let a new customer have it, that you have to go out, install the equipment from scratch, and who knows if they will even pay the bill. You  know you have a good customer here, you dont know what you are getting from someone else. Now I will make this straight, this was not with excel it was with Dish Network. I wanted one, just one of the new wireless service. That would also be more of a income to them because I am adding one more tv. But the answer was no, after the contract you are in then we can add more services to your account. This was not even really a special, it was just something new. I wanted the wireless system, to be able to take the tv on the porch on out back on the deck and keep it in the guest room when not being used. It was adding a service, but no I could not do it, until I fulfilled my contract I started in Jan. I told them at that point with the service I am getting from you, I might just go with another company since I have to sign another contract. I just hope we have cable by then.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Darlene,

I am happy to hear that you like your internet service. I understand that you're concerned with entering into a new 2 year contract when moving your service. Upon moving your service free of charge we close your old account, and waive the cancellation fees for that account. We are happy to set you up a new account with all new equipment a new 24 month warranty on that equipment. We can address any other concerns you have if you send a email to exedelistens@viasat.com  with your contact information and the best time to reach you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.