Most assuredly no praise. Does anyone else remember 9.6 dialup?

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
When you exceed the 12mbps I post it. Those surely are rare. Anyway, for the last 2 weeks, maybe a month, service drops are happening 4 or 5 times daily. It is also so damn slow pages won't load, browsers time out and it is very hard to get a test running as they time out waiting on the ping. Today I've seen speeds as high as 2kbps but mostly running around .8kbps.  (yes, 800 baud) What in the heck are you doing to the beam(s) pointed at silicon valley. If you had service levels that you claim you'd probably pick up a lot of customers. As things are you are losing customers in my area and will continue to do so until there is a massive shift in management view towards paying customers.

Box to right has the most specious claims I've seen yet. "We are happy to answer your questions, reply to your problems and listen to your ideas." I respond as a cattle rancher, "Bull!"" I've asked many questions and never has one been answered. I've stated problems from a user (or inability to use) perspective. I also suggested a web page with real time information concerning problematic areas (geographic based). What stage of determination and/or fix is current and how we users might be able to help. (Staying off the paid service is not an answer.)

The tie in to TITLE is .8kbps is under a 9.6 dialup modem.

Another point is when your system loses continuity with the dish setup by your contractor it uses around 300mb and 15 minutes to get it back together. This after 10+ minutes of wondering why pages have stopped loading. During those10+minutes there are constant attempts from user end to satellite which of course are charged to user throughput. There are laws covering this scenario which are ignored. 300 concurrent small claims actions may get your attention, 1000 will.

Did you remove the free house from 3AM to 5AM from Liberty12 plan? Unilateral cuts are also causal, 
Photo of Martin Seebach

Martin Seebach

• 54 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
  • extremely upset about shoddy practices.

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Calvin Steel

Calvin Steel

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Superb! I have no any word. literally, I am speechless.  
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 439 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
Clearly, you have a hardware issue and need a service call.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
In Silicon Valley, you can't get wireless internet through Verizon or ATT? Isn't that area pretty flat? Even if cell phone service is spotty internet could still work as the devices have stronger antennas than cell phones. As for a service call it is quite possible there is nothing wrong with your equipment. I had a similar experience as yours and got Viasat to comp multiple service calls and nothing wrong was found. If your contract is up they will comp a service call if you threaten to end service. I got 3 free service calls that way and didn't have Easy Care or whatever they call it.

Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
Gotta be careful now, i told someone about using verizon and brad deleted my reply twice for solicitation the email said , I guess they have way to many people ditching theyre crappy service now
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
I will bad mouth Viasat until they give me a cigarette and a blindfold and shoot me between the eyes.If I can save one person from throwing money away on their poor service I have done my civic duty.

Photo of aabbcc

aabbcc

• 97 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Yes, after all this time, they suddenly started doing that. My guess is someone (user here *cough*, or their bosses) contacted them and told them how to do their job.

Mine was deleted as "off topic", which off topic is allowed.... Also, the person in the post stated they had a jetpack first, they were paying for both a jetpack and Viasat already..., after asking what plan they had I suggested they look at the other plan, that they didn't know about, since Viasat service didn't work for what they were doing, and their postpaid plan did. And they thanked me. Guess a person is supposed to let people have a plan that doesn't work anymore or switch to a plan that has much less priority data, and not work as well, for as long, as the original plan they started with.

At least the posters get the email notification.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Don't know about that Al. My experience with Wildblue/Exede/Viasat the past 12 or so years has been pretty damn good. I've rarely had any problems other than the occasional slowdown.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
You are one of the rare lucky people who gets good service from Viasat.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
It hasn't been all good. The first modem I got when I upgraded from WB to Exede crapped out in less than 24 hours. The replacement one is still running good after almost 7 years. And I did experience severe throttling after the new usage policy went into effect, but they have seemed to work that out as well and my speeds have improved quite a bit during primetime in the last couple of weeks.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2801 Posts
  • 1454 Reply Likes
What plan are you on and how much priority data have you used for your current billing cycle?
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
Can you come up with some new material? You post the same crap, over and over.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2183 Reply Likes
"Can you come up with some new material? You post the same crap, over and over."

We're talking about Al, right?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2149 Posts
  • 1310 Reply Likes
That's because it's a legitimate question.  Its answer suggests where the problem may lie.  
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2801 Posts
  • 1454 Reply Likes
The answers to that simple question will tell us if his issue is equipment related or not.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3507 Posts
  • 1316 Reply Likes
Hi Martin 

Sorry you didn't get a response yet. If you send an email over to viasatlistens@viasat.com we'll review your service and see what's going on.