So yesterday, I decided to give my computer a rest and concentrate on other things, like chores on the property.
I set up the download scheduler to download some items during the LNFZ, giving plenty of buffer time between the start and stop times.
I checked my usage according to Viasat at midnight.
I checked it again this morning at 7:00 am.
According to Viasat’s method of accounting for data, I used 700 mb yesterday. An unheard of amount for me who has been keeping track of Viasat’s daily records for many years. And I was outside doing chores!
One way for Viasat to increase revenue without raising monthly fees is to tamper with the data usage calculation.
If true, this would be more smoke and mirror tactics, just like implying an expected download speed of 12 mbps when its actual occurrence is miniscule or stating (not implying) that we should expect download speeds in excess of 1 mbps after reaching our monthly allowance.I have traveled all over the world. I found these smoke and mirror tactics in third world bazaars. I did not expect to find them in the US from large corporations.