Month 3 slowdowns & buffering

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Acknowledged
The 1st 2 months were awesome, I have referred people to Viasat, sadly month 3 I am having horrible slow downs, including into the late hours when congestion is at it's lowest, constantly buffering, I have the Unlimited Bronze 12 package, starting to feel disappointed & trapped in a 2 year contract where the 1st 2 months they crank the net, after that snail speed, I hope I'm wrong?
Photo of Sean Schmidt

Sean Schmidt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Sean Schmidt

Sean Schmidt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did a speedtest Down 0.29 up 0.39 mbps, latency 38 sec, ping 804
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 727 Posts
  • 341 Reply Likes
Sean,

Without more information, there's not much we can do to troubleshoot your speeds.  I'd be happy to look at your account and see what's causing the slowdown, you can email us at ViasatListens@viasat.com, with the account number, or phone number attached to the account.  If the problem is on our side, (not hardware related) then your best shot would be to call Customer Care at 855-463-9333.  They can escalate to technical support, who can work with you in real time to correct the issue.
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack, Champion

• 671 Posts
  • 527 Reply Likes
Sean, type in 192.168.100.1 in your address bar and post the results, especially the cable resistance and signal SNR. I'll check back later today or tonight to see what you've posted. 

Andy
Photo of Sean Schmidt

Sean Schmidt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

▼   MODEM STATE
StatusOnlineOnline Time000:12:56:53

▼   GENERAL
Rx Power -41.3 dBm

Rx SNR 11.8 dB

ODU Telemetry status 
Active Cable Resistance 1.5Ohm

Cable Attenuation 9.0 dB
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack, Champion

• 664 Posts
  • 514 Reply Likes
All those numbers are perfect....I mean super solid. The problem is NOT on your end, but I think you've already figured that out anyway. 

Andy