Missed 4 service appointments

• Problem
  • Updated 4 days ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
I have been without internet at a weekend home since May. I have had 4 appointments not answered or the appointment cancelled by the service vendor with no notice to me. This past weekend I drove 300 miles again to the house for a 8-11 appointment and at 11:30pm, I called becasue no one had showed up. The lady on the phone tried very hard to find out what was going on and was told by the service vendor that they had called me and i was aware of the reschedule to 2 - 5. That is a lie, the dispatcher at (REMOVED BY MOD) needs to be replaced because he is not any good at his job. ) never called, texted or emailed me until 12:47 for a 8-11 appt. after I had called in. He then texted that the tech would be onsite at 3 pm. the tech called me at 2:30 and said he had just received the service call and would not be on site until 5:30 as he was a long distance away. I drove another 300 miles home with no service call and this is the 4th time since May that this has happened. They continue to draft my account while not fixing the service. This is the most ridiculous example of service I have ever encountered.
Photo of Jack Penn

Jack Penn

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 342 Posts
  • 101 Reply Likes
Viasat does not vet their subcontractors, your service tech is a third party contractor. Getting a good one is the luck of the draw. Also Viasat only pays them a flat fee+ materials. All 4 techs that visited me when I had Viasat said they got $80. If you are in a remote location who worth their salt is going to drive somewhere that is a 100 mile round trip and spend 1-4 hours for $80? That is why they are flaking on you. Of the 4 techs I had they ranged the gamut. One showed up and brought his girlfriend driving a compact car, he didn't have a ladder and no tools other than a screw driver and a pair of pliers. Another guy was well equipped with a utility bed truck full of tools, hardware and a couple ladders of different sizes. The well equipped guy complained that he should not have accepted my stop and I was making him late for dinner, he blamed all my issues on my computer and the websites I was having trouble accessing. After an hour I just told him to leave.
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3443 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
HI Jack

Please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com and we'll take care of this and get the right people involved
Photo of Jack Penn

Jack Penn

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I emailed you two weeks ago and still have not heard a word. I guess this is the kind of service that everyone associated with ViaSat provides. No service and also still billing for 3 months now
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 257 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
This is an example of why folks should buy their service from a local Dealer who has their own inhouse installers.

Otherwise you get stuck with contractors - some good & some......
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 843 Posts
  • 545 Reply Likes
Bob is just trying to make a helpful suggestion. But there are good and bad Viasat dealers. My local Viasat "Elite" dealer, I wouldn't recommend at all. But a couple other dealers were on this or the old forum, and I respected them and I knew they wanted to do right (and were not afraid to tell it like it is, even if Viasat didn't want to listen). Alas, they are gone from here.