• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
lol it must not have posted the full thing
Photo of Rhiannon Williamson

Rhiannon Williamson

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This was supposed to be written lol

Misrepresentation bait&switch.. When speaking with the representative at the time I was ordering I was told that they did not charge a month in advance by the representative (I believe her name was Nikki). That she simply needed my information to verify an account. Now the not charging a month in advance shocked me but she stated they did not charge until the end of the billing cycle. Then she said I would be prorated for the month of September and it would automatically come out of my account on October 1,2014. All was a lie. A payment was put through to my account which over drafted. Had I known it was a prepay thing I would have waited until October 1st for the installation and so forth. That way my account would not be overdrawn and the funds would have been readily available. 175 bucks is nothing to laugh at ( by the way I think the pricing is high as you know what but  yeah anyways..). Long and short I finally got the box for my phone Friday. (service installed Sept 23). It gives me huge doubts as to staying with this company  after my contract ends. I can guarantee if this is the sort of business practice supported by the company I will never suggest anyone get it. By the way there are numerous folks close to me who have been actively searching for providers since  this little cubby hole spot is missed by most companies.  I do not appreciate the customer service I received from her in any way,shape or form. I had called simply for information. She seemed nice enough but I would rather someone rude and truthful than a bald faced liar. As I recall bait and switch is not exactly legal.  You need to  look into some of the customer calls and what is being promised to new customers. Yes, I went through a verification process but I was informed it was simply to verify my checking account. I can assure that I have no problems getting rid of this service the second my contract ends.

Added note I asked multiple times if I needed to make a payment at the time of service and was told no each and every time.My husband is on disability so it is imperative that I schedule things accordingly as we get paid once a month.
(Edited)
Photo of Shawn Snyder

Shawn Snyder

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
The $175 isn't "high". That was for the installation and if you needed a pole in your yard you had to pay the installer for the pole, not Exede. The highest price plan on Exede is $125.
My plan is $50 flat.

Exede is fantastic for downloads, but not so much for live games such as World of Warcraft which rely heavily on low ping times.

Be sure to read my write up for further questions.

https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/write-up-for-people-with-speed-issues-and-download-throttling
(Edited)
Photo of Rhiannon Williamson

Rhiannon Williamson

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Just a note but I have sent multiple emails tonight in regards to various problems.The first was say the LNFZ was not working and then shortly.after my account was suspended.
Photo of Mitch Hess

Mitch Hess

• 24 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I hear ya, good luck this company is the worst service I have ever experienced.
Photo of ExedeEmerald

ExedeEmerald

• 204 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Hi Rhiannon I did receive your email. I will be responding to you there to get all of this cleared up for you. Look forward to speaking with you further. 
Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 637 Posts
  • 215 Reply Likes
Rhiannon, I COMPLETELY understand why you are furious but listen to this..I think your account probably wasn't suspended but that you had the same thing happen last night that I did --at least possibly...are you saying when you tried to sign on to the exede site for customers that you got an alert saying your plan was invalid or something like that?  that happened to me last night BUT when I called and spoke to the customer service people they said that notice wasn't really so..it was just because they were doing maintenance!!!! I told them they needed to have an alert saying account into not available due to maintenance and NOT  saying "plan invalid"...if this sounds like what happened to you and if your account seems fine to day, then it was all just a miscommunication because a notice was not put up explaining that this website account info was unavailable temporarily due to maintenance being done by exede!
Anyway, what I most want to say is that I also was told things that were incorrect when I signed up for Exede voice....not about the billing part, but I was not told about the addional fees/charges that are part of every exedevoice bill, even though I asked to be told exactly what my total costs per month were going to be.  I was told about the fact that charges were going to be applied the exact day I called and signed up.  But then I asked about faxing and was told I would still be able to fax using my printer/fax machine with exede voice, even though this later turned out not to be true.  
The only thing I tend not to agree with you about is this:  I think this misinformation wasn't a bait and switch, I think it was mistakes...I say that because the person talking to me had no reason at all to think that I wasn't going to sign up if she had told me anything differently than what she did say when I spoke to her.  I was switching from Hughes to excede and am almost completey sure that it was obvious from the way I spoke thruout the sign up that I have made my decision to sign up regardless what the answers were to my few questions.   
Maybe it doesn't ultimately matter whether you were given incorrect info on purpose or not, but it matters to me...the biggest reason I don't think it was on purpose is that a big company like exede/viasat simply has no real reason to deliberately lie about things that are going to immediately become apparent and obvious to the customer as not being true....this kind of lying just doesn't do a whole lot for major companies.  But I do see signs I think that there are onging  problems with the customer service and tech departments that we call on the phone.  Like other people, I have been hung up on more than once when I called Exede for help, and being hung up on after already waitng a long time makes it even worse... and what happened with you didn't do anything much for exede in the grand scheme of things except make you ready to loudly tell other people what a negative experience you;ve had with exede.  
Since problems with phone contacts with exede are frequently described on this forum, I hope that efforts are being made by Exede management to work on those problems.  Based on the quality of interactions with the exede employees who post on this site, I have a strong feeling that everything we say is being reported to higher ups...I have also seen people post about the positive customer service interactions they have when they email exedelistens@viasat.com
Hope you will get help with theseproblems and that you will turn into a SATISFIED customer.  Esp since you have things to worry about such as your husband's disability.  I must say that once I got thru some new customer hassles, everything has gone pretty much fine for me and I am glad to have Exede now instead of the old hughes plan I had which was much slower.
(except for last night when for a few minutes I thought my exede plan had gone "invalid" for no reason! ha)
Money is always short for me as well, and I find that with Exede I am getting more (much greater speeds and more gb of allowance) for the same amount I was paying to hughes before I switched. 
Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 637 Posts
  • 215 Reply Likes
Oh and btw Jim, about what you said about the standard installation being free....that isn't exactly so at least it isn't ALWAYS free, and it seems that how much or if people have to pay for installation varies a lot depending on where you live and what promotions are being offered at the time you sign up.  before I signed up the website directed me to put in my zip code to be directed to the next step and I didn't find any info online stating what the installation cost was going to be for me at that time.  When I called and signed up it went like this:  I was told that the standard installation cost would be $49.99, but the person taking my order without even pausing then said "but I can offer you a personal discount of an additional $20 a month for the first 3 months".  Which since it added up to $60 and more than the installation cost sounded good to me!  several times before I hung up I went over all these pricing details with the rep...and  I wrote everything down....
but when My first bill came after everything had been installed...no $20 discount had been applied....hm so I spent several eves calling exede and once doing a long live chat before I got THAT straightened out!  seems like the person who signed me up didn't document that promised addtional $20 discount for the first 3 months...again I doubt a bait a switch and chalk it up to a mistake only because I never said a word to indicate I would mind paying the $49.99 I was quoted in the first place for installation. 
Anyway despite all the glitches when I first signed up I am now VERY contented with exede because i have great speeds that i didn' t have before and no problems at all...I was already familiar with how satellite internet works before signing up with exede, so I just don't have a problem with data usage or not being able to have everything I want right now or the fact that some customers who signed up after me have more data than I have....that is just fine with me...I will  be happier when I do have more data allowance available to me but am managing just fine as it is.  
To offset your initial experience Rhianna, here is a link to an objective 3rd party article that found Exede to be the #1 satellite internet provider for 2014
http://www.bestsatelliteproviders.com/satellite-internet-providers/
Hope this makes you feel a little better about your selection until you get things straightened out to your satisfaction.
Photo of Vince

Vince

• 17 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Here you go folks, and I was just biled for 409 dollars after being told that wouldn't happen until Dec 12 on the phone today  after this experience with thes B++++++++
                                                                 EXEDE INTERNET  11/12/14

So here is how my past couple of days have been and I want to share for the out in the country folks with not much internet choice...

The worst service, promises, and customer service ever experienced in my lifetime. Called for info on Nov 5, signed up for what I was told would fit my needs by Devon a sales rep in FL, and scheduled an APPT for that Fri.  The appointment was lost, I called and spoke to Tiffany that Fri, and she had no apology or anything other than a bad attitude, and rescheduled for yesterday.  When the guys came out and installed, the service would not even load Facebook...When I asked the installer what the problem was, he said "I don't know anything about it, I just put it in."  Then I called technical support and after 1 3/4 hours still had horrible speed after rebooting,  unplugging the modem etc etc.  The data usage for one day was at over 7 %...Ridiculous.  Also I NEVER authorized the electronic signature on the 24 month contract which was supposed to be done at the time of installation.  The "Installer" had to have done that or at the home office...never me...

So after a night of reflection I decided to cancel today (less than 24 hours later) and return to my other provider..I spoke to Shadi first and explained my situation and she told me I owed 360 termination fee.  I asked for a supervisor and got Ben, Employee number APR1108 who refused to budge at all, and said that my credit card will be charged on Dec 12 for 360, and if it doesn't get paid I will be turned over to a collection agency.  They are sending a large box now in 3 to 5 days for me to take down their dish from the pole and return the equipment to them within 20 days or another more than 300 charge will apply.  Gladly will I do that asap...

So anyone thinking about this provider, please be smarter than me and don't believe all the positive reviews on the web that I bought into, or the sales pitch.  I need the internet all day to work from home researching music gigs etc, and was lied to about the capabilities and the cost of EXEDE Satellite Internet.  Just check out the community page on their own website and you will see how many people have been taken advantage of by this unethical firm.

Photo of James Johnson

James Johnson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I paid my bill then four days later they suspend it saying the reason was download mp3 and movies when all this was going on i was at work no one the to do anything my cousion made a one time payment to them.told them not to keep his card on file 5-1-15 they update his card then took 301.86 off his card. now they want give him his money back they charge him the early termantion fee when they suspend it..
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Beau

Exede Beau

• 380 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
James, I'd like to take a look at your account and see what we can sort out. It sounds like this was a copyright violation disconnection of the account which would still leave you responsible for the Early Termination Fees. Let me take a look though and see what we can fire out. Please email me at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. Please reference your post in your email.