Major billing error

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • In Progress

Had $265 debited from my checking account on Monday November 5, 2018 in error.  When I discontinued my service I was assured that I owed nothing and that concluded my contract with Viasat/Exced.  I have talked to several nice agents on the phone who have been as helpful as they can, and for  the most part resolved my issue.  It seems like I have been approved for a refund of the money.   He is my problem with that... I need the money back NOW! Not in 7-14 business days, not after Thanksgiving, NOW!  Because of this debit from my checking account you have caused other obligations to be put off.  I was supposed to make the first payment on my Son’s class ring, however I cannot because you took the money out of my account.  Also I have now accrued over drafted fees to my checking account.  You know, it’s sad that a company cannot make sure things like this don’t happen.  I always paid my bill to you, and honored my contract.  Then this happens.  It is not ok, and you have caused a lot of unnecessary stress, and took up a lot of my time. 

Photo of Angela Love

Angela Love

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Very frustrated

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2797 Posts
  • 1764 Reply Likes
Angela, did you return the tria, modem and power supply to Viasat as required by the contract?
Photo of Angela Love

Angela Love

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The box just came yesterday.  It will be on it's way asap.  I am aware of why this happened which is also an error on the company.  Which is why the money is being refunded.  The problem is the amount of time for the refund.

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2242 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
Angela,  Please send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. Once the equipment is back, we may be able to speed up the refund for you.