Lots of problems

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Acknowledged
I am having a problem with having internet service at. I keep up grading and still not satisfied. The last time I upgraded it was to 150.00 a month and have been not seen unlimited yet. When I upgraded to the 100.00 plan I was told on yes this is plenty for you. Well ran out again and was told by rep. The next one I would need new equipment. Haven't gotten that yet either .... What's going on with y'all? Please respond. I don't mind paying for what I use but I want to use it!
Stays out more than on??????? Where is my equipment??
Photo of Joan Dennis DeFee

Joan Dennis DeFee

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • very frustrated

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Debra Gann

Debra Gann

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I wonder how you can use data when nothing is on using it. I thought I was signing up for an unlimited plan and found that it was limited so no longer viasat for me. Trying an Att wireless device and so far working out. 100gb for the price of 50gb when you bundle services. Good luck!
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 270 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Keep your fingers crossed on that AT&T wireless.I dumped Viasat for Verizon wireless and after 4 months of good speeds 24-7 evening and weekend speeds went in the tank, sometimes dropping below dial up speeds. Looks like people fleeing satellite in my area in mass congested the service.Still better than Viasat was.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 647 Posts
  • 401 Reply Likes
Agreed. Everyone needs to explore all internet options that might be available to them. In some areas of the country, Viasat isnt even cometitive from a price/performance standpoint.
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 301 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Im exploring that option now there are 2 providers now who have nationwide unlimited coverage off cell towers My modem will be here saturday Im 6.3 miles away from the tower! If need be I will buy a indoor/outdoor antenna as well! cant wait to try it! I would post links to these providers but the mods will remove it just like they did my last post
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 647 Posts
  • 401 Reply Likes
Competition in the marketplace.

That is a far piece from a tower, but of course terrain no doubt is also a factor.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 477 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Today I have new internet service being hooked up. I will check speeds and I have their word I will get at least 80% of what they claim(25Mbps) So I may be an ex-Viasat non user soon.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 270 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
What is it? Inquiring minds want to know. If it works at least list your zip code, good luck! At least with me my closest neighbor uses AT&T and he had Hughnet when I had Viasat. So I always know what the other options are like. I am just wondering if the flooding to Verizon & AT&T in my area is improving things for the remaining satellite customers.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 647 Posts
  • 401 Reply Likes
You mean Central Virginia :)?
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 270 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Central Virginia where one guy has good satellite and brags about it constantly. Everybody else I talked to and on here from that area think satellite stinks. I have a neighbor the had dial up and switched to satellite and hated it.

Photo of Mickey Sawn

Mickey Sawn

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Well, Viasat sucks here in Golden Valley, AZ!!!! I cancelled even before the new local cable company was scheduled to install their service, so had to change my phone number too.. Hassle having to contact everyone including doctors, etc. to update my phone number after not having a phone for 2 weeks.. But was worth all that hassle to cancel Viasat service!!
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 270 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Golden Valley is close to Kingman, right? I used to live in Cali and have taken I-40 through there many times. Isn't it pretty flat and no trees? I would think satellite would work well in that type of topography.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 477 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
New service was 28Mbps when I checked today. Will check tonight then call Viasat to cancel tomorrow. Its been real, just not real good. Viasat has bought a lot of bad word of mouth advertising
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 537 Posts
  • 347 Reply Likes
I havent missed it.

I could make a top ten list of actions Viasat took over the last 24 months to disgruntle and aliennate customers. Wouldn't be hard.

I would start with "unlimited" plans that are far from unlimited.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1829 Posts
  • 1142 Reply Likes
What's the new service?  
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 207 Posts
  • 57 Reply Likes
The latest Viasat ad on my broadcast TV shows an installer with a van painted up with Viasat signage. Isn't that implying installers work for Viasat and drive company vans? Could they get any more deceptive?
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3092 Posts
  • 1983 Reply Likes
Spectrum, Comcast, Directv and Dish installers all drive trucks with the respective company logos and signage, and they are working for companies who are contracted to do the installations and service calls. I don't see where it is deceptive, it is just the way things are in America.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 207 Posts
  • 57 Reply Likes
Politicians all lie, does that make it acceptable? I have never seen a contractor with any Viasat signage in my neck of the woods. I had one clown show up in a compact car, bring his girlfriend and his tool collection would fit in a lunch sack. At least the other company's installers while contractors have standard equipment and vehicles so you know they are who they said they are. Viasat lacks professionalism, there is no defending that.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 537 Posts
  • 347 Reply Likes
The Viasat commercial is the gift that keeps on giving in terms of hurting Viasat's residential internet reputation.
Photo of Corey Anderson

Corey Anderson

• 60 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I seen a van with a flat tire on the interstate that looked just like the ones in the commercials about a month or so ago right before I signed up. My installer had his own personal truck that he was driving and wore a ViaSat shirt. My overall experience was good though.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 537 Posts
  • 347 Reply Likes
There are good installers and bad installers. I dont blame Viasat for that. But they are responsible for the ridiculous commercial filled with numerous misleading statements with more disclaimers than you can count.
Photo of Phlatulence Phil

Phlatulence Phil

• 10 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
But but but what about the stockholders?
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1769 Posts
  • 1077 Reply Likes
Today's stockholders want more money, and they want it NOW.
If a company can't deliver, the modern stockholder goes elsewhere.
Nobody today gives a rat's-arse about the company, they just want the money.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2371 Posts
  • 461 Reply Likes
Hi Joan,  Please send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. For immediate assistance and to troubleshoot your issue, call Customer Care at 855.463.9333.