Lost d-link access point I

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
I ran two ethernet switches off the white triangular gateway and have the wireless off. I do have a d-link wireless access point for my wife's tablet in another that she turns on from her wired laptop in that room. I used to have an arris surfboard cable modem with the same setup at our old place. She had a webpage on her desktop tha went there in seconds to the login page.
i put the address in in this new setup and the page just spins till it times out. What's different here ? How can I find it with this setup. Thanks. GBY
Photo of Grampie Gram

Grampie Gram

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 649 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
I think you will have to set up the d-link again. You said you have the wi-fi off on the VS Gateway so I assume you are connecting the d-link to the wireless on the wife's laptop?  So the laptop probably has a different IP address and a new Wireless AP network name with your new arrangement.
Photo of K S

K S

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
She has a wired laptop that she used to turn the the dlink wireless on/off for her tablet. So you mentioned "setup" does that mean take the ether cable out and re-plug it to dlink or power the dlink off/on. It has the power and ethernet lights on but the wireless light only comes on after it is toggled on. Thanks. GBY

Michael McDowell

• 649 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Google the model number to find the manual.  All the setup instructions should be in there.  Basically, connect the laptop to the d-link and access the web based setup page.  you might have to power cycle both of them before you can access the page.
Photo of Grampie Gram

Grampie Gram

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, thanks very much. GBY

Photo of K S

K S

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. Got it working from hard reset. Thanks for the help. God bless you. Jesus is our hope for the future !

Michael McDowell

• 649 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Good Deal!!