Looking for some more in-depth information about the new ViaSat-2 equipment?

• Article
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
Find out how our equipment is changing with the ViaSat-2 satellite -- and staying the same -- on our newest blog where we answer some FAQs about the outside equipment, as well as the Viasat WiFi Gateway.

Check it out!
Photo of Lizzie

Lizzie, Viasat Official Rep

• 24 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
  • Informed!

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 113 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
The main reason why I want to switch to the vs2 satellite is the new wifi gateway.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice

• 1528 Posts
  • 699 Reply Likes
I heard the new equipment comes with a can of Dinty Moore beef stew. That alone should be enough of a reason to switch to Viasat 2.
Photo of Jtwes

Jtwes

• 30 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Looks good. I was wondering what the tria was going to be.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1659 Posts
  • 1337 Reply Likes
Yes, but can the new modem compete with Hughesnets modem?

See the cute video here....https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7ixp7zejm10ecd/Welcome%20To%20El%20Dorado%20Networks.mp4?dl=0

Photo of Brandon Fisher

Brandon Fisher

• 63 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
HOLY CRAP! is that how they're modem really looks!? thats ugly as hell that would not match anything in my whole house.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 1798 Posts
  • 960 Reply Likes
This new modem comes with chocolate! Beat that Hughesnet.
(Edited)
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 559 Posts
  • 254 Reply Likes
@>@ OH WOW!!! this new modem comes with a bunchies of anime loaded on it!!! :D and its over like 100tbs of anime!!! <3 beat that hughesnet!!! >:3

also... besides going along with the joking and stuff :3 imma just waiting patiently for everyone to move onto the VIASAT-2 to see IF my speeds increases... IF so then... ill be just staying onto VIASAT-1 :3 and so on :3 cause imma pretty happy with my speeds of being like... 14-25mbps :3 (execpt during primetime it usually goes down to like... 5-10mbps sometimes :3 and i can still stream but some buffering but i get mad at the people who are using the internet and sometimes i wished i can just kick those people off the entire beam and its all mine... i even said that to a rep when i called and i laughed they laughed also XD  )
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 76 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
If VS2 service isn’t available to anyone how relative is the hardware?
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1658 Posts
  • 1337 Reply Likes
Do the people using VS2 know this?
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3077 Posts
  • 3025 Reply Likes
Shhhh! Don't tell An0nG33k... 

https://community.viasat.com/viasat/topics/my-experience-viasat-2-50mbps

He's laboring under the false impression he's on Viasat-2 with a 50 Mbps plan, new equipment and a dish pointed somewhere above the Columbia/Brazil border.     
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 76 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Ok. So one person has it? Really. . .
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3077 Posts
  • 3025 Reply Likes
Yes really, one that we know of and yes it's available to more than one customer. Somebody posted a list of some 7 service areas or so where actual Viasat-2 services were available - to say that it's not available to anyone is false, and Lizzie was providing information on where to find out more about the hardware since many have asked about it. Apparently it's relevant to them.

Here are just a couple Zip Codes that actual Viasat-2 plans can be found in the wild - 74136 and 94102.

Try them for yourself at https://www.viasat.com/internet

Both have Unlimited Gold 50 and one has Platimum 100 (enjoy the pricing if those are what you're waiting on).

FWIW, both Jim16 and I are aware that you were employing hyperbole (well at least I am, I can't speak for Jim16 really) - apparently you weren't aware that we were employing sarcasm.       
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1658 Posts
  • 1337 Reply Likes
"employing hyperbole"
I'm sorry, but I can't employ that.  I had mine lanced last year, so....
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1658 Posts
  • 1337 Reply Likes
"Ok. So one person has it? Really. . ."

Apparently, he wasn't hyperboling!
Photo of James Paramore

James Paramore

• 111 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
It's available in my zipcode 31730, that's Mitchell Co. in Southwest Georgia. 
Photo of Brandon Fisher

Brandon Fisher

• 63 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Its available at my location 70438.
Photo of Brandon Fisher

Brandon Fisher

• 63 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Oh but you have to call to actually get it. it's not offered on the website.
Photo of James Paramore

James Paramore

• 111 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Just checked several zips in South Georgia and it's available in almost all of them.